What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Florida boy killed by Neighborhood Watch (1 Viewer)

If there's any justice in this world, Z will get dealt with while in jail this time. Save the taxpayers a lot of money.

Last edited by a moderator:
If there's any justice in this world, Z will get dealt with while in jail this time. Save the taxpayers a lot of money.
Speaking of money, there's lots of it flying Zimmerman's way. His lawyer is smart enough to recognize that.
Zimmerman collected about $204,000 in donations through the website,
About $5,000 from the website contribution was used in making bond, O'Mara said. The rest came from a loan secured by a family home.
Although Zimmerman spent some of the contributions on living expenses, about $150,000 remains, O'Mara said Friday.
O'Mara on Friday revealed a new website, www.gzlegalcase.com, and another site, not yet live, that will host a defense fund.
Regardless of what happens to the contributions, O'Mara intends to open a legal defense fund for his client, he said.
O'Mara, who said he charges $400 per hour for family law cases, estimated Zimmerman's defense costs could reach $1 million.

I don't get the anger against Carolina Hustler. Why report him, or place him on ignore? He is simply stating his view of events here, and making decent arguments along the way. I can't say I agree with him, but I appreciate his effort. Anyone who makes me think is worth the effort of reading and responding to.
Update?

I don't get the anger against Carolina Hustler. Why report him, or place him on ignore? He is simply stating his view of events here, and making decent arguments along the way. I can't say I agree with him, but I appreciate his effort. Anyone who makes me think is worth the effort of reading and responding to.
Update?
Lets just say that tim has had an epiphany since that was posted and he has seen the light

The whole 'innocent until proven guilty' thing doesn't work for you uh?
its a lot easier to be innocent until proven guilty when the only other real witness is dead
So a person is automatically guilty if there are no other 'real' witnesses? Got it. The anti-Zimmerman folks sure are a special bunch.

its a lot easier to be innocent until proven guilty when the only other real witness is dead
So a person is automatically guilty if there are no other 'real' witnesses? Got it. The anti-Zimmerman folks sure are a special bunch.
at least we arent supporting a violent sociopath wannabe cop with an itchy trigger finger...but hey , whatever floats your boat pal.

at least we arent supporting a violent sociopath wannabe cop with an itchy trigger finger...but hey , whatever floats your boat pal.
Try again. Don't worry though - you're super special. :wub:

Busted Knuckles - believer in the judicial system only when it suits his needs

:rolleyes:

Update?
He's made a lot of posts since then. I didn't realize at the time who I was dealing with.

to bad it doesnt work the way it should all the time, its a great theory though. It would work a lot better if politicians didnt create crazy laws like stand your ground.

to bad it doesnt work the way it should all the time, its a great theory though. It would work a lot better if politicians didnt create crazy laws like stand your ground.
I completely agree with what you just said. The fact of the matter is that is the system we currently have in place (for better or worse) and unfortunately you have to have faith that the correct outcome will be reached.Also - just to be clear - just because someone isn't anti-Zimmerman, doesn't make them pro-Zimmerman. It's best not to speak in absolutes.

I completely agree with what you just said. The fact of the matter is that is the system we currently have in place (for better or worse) and unfortunately you have to have faith that the correct outcome will be reached.Also - just to be clear - just because someone isn't anti-Zimmerman, doesn't make them pro-Zimmerman. It's best not to speak in absolutes.
agreed

:yes: Uh huh

I completely agree with what you just said. The fact of the matter is that is the system we currently have in place (for better or worse) and unfortunately you have to have faith that the correct outcome will be reached.

Also - just to be clear - just because someone isn't anti-Zimmerman, doesn't make them pro-Zimmerman. It's best not to speak in absolutes.
Why does a person have to have this faith? There are plenty of reasons to have a crisis of faith concerning the judicial system.

I am neither "pro" nor "anti-Zimmerman." I just don't understand how people can convict the guy before all the facts come out. It's really pretty crazy.

Yes, if Zimmerman hadn't followed Martin the first place, Martin would still be alive. But you can probably say that about just about all accidents and crimes. If one thing happened a little differently and put people in different spots, the situation for the accident or crime would have never happened. It doesn't make someone guilty.

Zimmerman should have been arrested. He eventually was. He should stand trial. He will. Let's wait to see what evidence comes out at trial before we hang the guy.

I am neither "pro" nor "anti-Zimmerman." I just don't understand how people can convict the guy before all the facts come out. It's really pretty crazy.

Yes, if Zimmerman hadn't followed Martin the first place, Martin would still be alive. But you can probably say that about just about all accidents and crimes. If one thing happened a little differently and put people in different spots, the situation for the accident or crime would have never happened. It doesn't make someone guilty.

Zimmerman should have been arrested. He eventually was. He should stand trial. He will. Let's wait to see what evidence comes out at trial before we hang the guy.
A huge portion of this thread was about that. Now we're just kind of spinning our wheels until new things come out. The people who didn't think he should be arrested are still making the same arguments.

'TexanFan02 said:
'kutta said:

A huge portion of this thread was about that. Now we're just kind of spinning our wheels until new things come out. The people who didn't think he should be arrested are still making the same arguments.
:goodposting:

As tragic as this was, on any givien day there are a thousand deaths that are more tragic than Trayvon's. Besides the racial politics of this, I really don't understand the strong emotions behind it.. Are people really that manipulated by news coverage of events?

As tragic as this was, on any givien day there are a thousand deaths that are more tragic than Trayvon's. Besides the racial politics of this, I really don't understand the strong emotions behind it.. Are people really that manipulated by news coverage of events?
Yes, because people can't get upset about ALL the tragic events in the world, they shouldn't get upset about ANY of them. This makes no sense.

Zimmerman's attorney backing away from having anything to do with hiding or controlling the $200k raised for Zimmerman's defense.

During a bond hearing in April, the couple had indicated they had limited funds. But prosecutors say Zimmerman had raised thousands through a website he had set up for his legal defense.

Zimmerman's legal team said Sunday that they will ask for a new bond hearing to address those concerns, and that they hope Zimmerman's voluntary surrender will show he is not a flight risk. Furthermore, the money Zimmerman has raised is in an independent trust and cannot be directly accessed by Zimmerman or his attorneys, according to the press release.
linkThat's different than the attorney's story in April.

Mark O'Mara, Zimmerman's attorney, said in April that the money raised by the website was put into a trust account that the attorney controls.

Zimmerman's attorney backing away from having anything to do with hiding or controlling the $200k raised for Zimmerman's defense.

During a bond hearing in April, the couple had indicated they had limited funds. But prosecutors say Zimmerman had raised thousands through a website he had set up for his legal defense.

Zimmerman's legal team said Sunday that they will ask for a new bond hearing to address those concerns, and that they hope Zimmerman's voluntary surrender will show he is not a flight risk. Furthermore, the money Zimmerman has raised is in an independent trust and cannot be directly accessed by Zimmerman or his attorneys, according to the press release.
linkThat's different than the attorney's story in April.

Mark O'Mara, Zimmerman's attorney, said in April that the money raised by the website was put into a trust account that the attorney controls.
:lmao:

wow...just ...wow

Yes, because people can't get upset about ALL the tragic events in the world, they shouldn't get upset about ANY of them. This makes no sense.
Sorry, I happen to think Trayvon bears some responsibility for his own death. Maybe 10%, maybe 50%, depending on what the facts bear out. This is tragic and sad, but is also partially self-inflicted. Martin was beating someone's face in. Something I have never done nor had done to me, so I can't relate to it or feel any sympathy for the guy. Of course it is tragic such a young man lost his life, but other than that, nothing special here. The only thing 'special' are the racial politics and those pushing an agenda, imho.

April 27: Prosecutors ask Circuit Court judge Kenneth Lester Jr. to increase the bail amount for George Zimmerman after news came out that he had raised more than $200,000 through a Paypal account on his website.

The website called "Therealgeorgezimmerman.com" was shut down after Zimmerman's attorney Mark O'Mara took control over and deposited the money in trust accounts.
link
link

wow...just ...wow
:lol: too funny coming from you, the second biggest manure spreader in this thread. Have to say you have not passed by Texas yet, but you have closed the gap recently.

wow...just ...wow
:lol: too funny coming from you, the second biggest manure spreader in this thread. Have to say you have not passed by Texas yet, but you have closed the gap recently.
yes...imagine ? i dont agree with your point of view...oh the horror

April 27: Prosecutors ask Circuit Court judge Kenneth Lester Jr. to increase the bail amount for George Zimmerman after news came out that he had raised more than $200,000 through a Paypal account on his website.

The website called "Therealgeorgezimmerman.com" was shut down after Zimmerman's attorney Mark O'Mara took control over and deposited the money in trust accounts.
link
link
:lmao:

wow...just ...wow
Disagreeing with I have no problem with. It is the 265 pages of obtuse posts like these whoppers."at least we arent supporting a violent sociopath wannabe cop with an itchy trigger finger...but hey , whatever floats your boat pal.""its a lot easier to be innocent until proven guilty when the only other real witness is dead"And that is just looking on this page. You have far worst posts going back.

wow...just ...wow
A lot of white guilt action running the media :lmao:

wow...just ...wow
Disagreeing with I have no problem with. It is the 265 pages of obtuse posts like these whoppers."at least we arent supporting a violent sociopath wannabe cop with an itchy trigger finger...but hey , whatever floats your boat pal.""its a lot easier to be innocent until proven guilty when the only other real witness is dead"And that is just looking on this page. You have far worst posts going back.
yes, and your posts are so informative and free of judgmental bull####...look, it is an emototional issue because it involves issues of profiling and race and gun control. Treyvon martin could be any one of us on any given day. If someone looks at you and decides you look suspicious and acts on it it could be you or me thats put into a situation like that, knowing the whole time you did nothing to warrant such a reaction.We have 2 very diverse views on this issue and yes it gets heated in here at times. I dont know you as a person , im sure you`re a great guy, but this subject has brought out the worst of many of us ,at times, for some reason.Like i said im not looking at this case from a legal stand point, im looking at it like someone who just thinks it never should have happened in the first place.

wow...just ...wow
yes, and your posts are so informative and free of judgmental bull####...look, it is an emototional issue because it involves issues of profiling and race and gun control. Treyvon martin could be any one of us on any given day. If someone looks at you and decides you look suspicious and acts on it it could be you or me thats put into a situation like that, knowing the whole time you did nothing to warrant such a reaction.We have 2 very diverse views on this issue and yes it gets heated in here at times. I dont know you as a person , im sure you`re a great guy, but this subject has brought out the worst of many of us ,at times, for some reason.Like i said im not looking at this case from a legal stand point, im looking at it like someone who just thinks it never should have happened in the first place.
I could wander into compton, be killed by a bunch of african americans for no other reason than being white and it wouldnt even make a blip on the media radar. Its all a crock and a bunch of double standards.....

wow...just ...wow
And maybe that explains our differences. I don't see Zimmerman as a racial profiler, just someone sick of crime in his neighborhood and becoming an ### about it. But nothing illegal about being a jerk. Also, I don't favor gun control, so nothing there for me either.

wow...just ...wow
I could wander into compton, be killed by a bunch of african americans for no other reason than being white and it wouldnt even make a blip on the media radar. Its all a crock and a bunch of double standards.....
But thats kinda the point...treyvon wasnt in a bad part of town. I wouldnt walk thru dorchester ma because i know that theres a good chance im gonna get jumped or worse. People shouldnt have to worry about walking in a decent neighborhood and getting shot.

'El Conquistador said:
'slayer666 said:
'BustedKnuckles said:
'Christo said:
'timschochet said:
'Christo said:
'timschochet said:
'Christo said:
Zimmerman didn't say it. The prosecutor didn't claim that Zimmerman said it. O'Mara said it.
:lmao: Didn't I write something just like this in my "mock Christo" post? I shouldn't waste my time, the real deal is always better!

:lmao: :lmao:
They are two different people. I thought this wasn't a difficult concept to understand but I stand corrected.
Do you suppose that O'Mara was told the truth by his client, but that he (O'Mara) decided to ignore the truth and chose to lie of his own accord to the judge? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
You have no idea what Zimmerman said to O'Mara. O'Mara told the judge he'd had the second passport in his possession for over a month but that he'd forgotten about it. The judge accepted the explanation. Why can't you?
honestly its very difficult to believe anything from zimmerman or his people at this point.Im not alone in this thinking, go to any public forum and read peoples comments, i think you are the only person on earth still defending this dirt bag
:goodposting: When the 911 operator advised Zimmerman to NOT pursue Trayvon Martin that's the end of the story. Zimmerman should get the death penalty and it should not take 10 appeals and 15 years to get it done. :banned:
Mr. slayer666, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Mr. El Conquistador, you should start the ####ification of America movement. And I don't need your god to have mrecy on my soul. :banned:

The sheep let their emotions be dictated by their media programing..

Users who are viewing this thread