What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Footballguys 2012 Coverage: Auctions*** (1 Viewer)

Jeff Pasquino

Footballguy
Shark Pool...

This year, I will be helping to pull together all of the associated content on the topic of Auction Leagues for Footballguys coverage.

So, if you ever had an idea of what should be covered when it comes to auction leagues, I want to hear about it.

Leave your suggestions below. Thanks.

(Note - While not officially approved, I am sure that a guest contribution / freelance opportunity on the topic would be considered as well).

I can throw out several ideas, but I would prefer right now to leave it as a "blank slate" and let you decide what you personally would want to see articles / coverage on for this topic.

Thanks!

-Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
Different philosophies on how to allocate funds

Different ways to calculate VBD...by starters? By estimate of number of players greater than minimum?

Best ways to have live/slow online auctions

Fund allocation percentages by position for start up auctions (hopefully adjustable based on league size, starter requirements, starting auction funds)

Player value tiers using $$

I know it's a little more difficult to put together and there are lots of variables but it would be nice to see an average value similar to average draft position.

Auction strategies for salary cap keeper leagues. How to think about roster budgeting by positions.

***I always need a refresher on how values fluctuate based on total # of teams and number of roster spots. I also notice that very few if any of my league mates seem to understand the concept. Doing a google search, you'll find opposite answers depending on which site you go to, and rarely even see anything worthwile to begin with.

Should deeper leagues increase the value of top-tier studs or decrease it? On one hand, the value over replacement players is higher, so maybe you should assign a higher value to a player like Aaron Rodgers...but you'll need more $ to fill out your team, so maybe your $ value for Aaron Rodgers should decrease?

Please provide something explaining how the values fluctuate based on league/position depth! From what I've seen in years past, there is no good resource to go to for this analysis.

Discussion and some tools for customized auction calculations to get at the pts / $ over replacement issue. (Yeah tbis is VBD of sorts but also considers possible lineup combinations, average auction values etc.)

Thank you, this sounds like a great feature!

1. Different strategies for allocating funds within a position, especially RB

2. IDP values

3. Player selection tactics, i.e. whose name do you throw out there?

4. What to do when your player values seem consistently high at the start of an auctin

5, What to do when your player values seem consistently low at the start of an auction

***I always need a refresher on how values fluctuate based on total # of teams and number of roster spots. I also notice that very few if any of my league mates seem to understand the concept. Doing a google search, you'll find opposite answers depending on which site you go to, and rarely even see anything worthwile to begin with.Should deeper leagues increase the value of top-tier studs or decrease it? On one hand, the value over replacement players is higher, so maybe you should assign a higher value to a player like Aaron Rodgers...but you'll need more $ to fill out your team, so maybe your $ value for Aaron Rodgers should decrease? Please provide something explaining how the values fluctuate based on league/position depth! From what I've seen in years past, there is no good resource to go to for this analysis.
It's pretty simple, I think. QBs and TEs slip in smaller leagues which start 1QB and 1TE.

Maybe something about budgeting on basis of points a position is likely to generate your team (RB vs WR vs QB VS LB etc)

Although very depending on # of Teams, scoring and line up requirements in the league it must be possible to show a few examples on how the value of e.g. PManning, Megatron or All day fluctuates in various situations and get a feel for (algorithm?) where to allocate you $$ most effectively

How about something with nomination strategy or ideas. We just list our owners 1-12 and take turns nominating and auctioning off players. He who nominates gets to be the auctioneer for that player. But what about strategy as far as players to nominate for auction?

'Jeff Pasquino said:
'the turnip said:
A "perfect" auction article
That should be a given.... and it'll make the list.
At least 10 days before the start of the regular season. There normally has been one, but every year it comes out the last weekend before the season starts, when many auctions are done. Our draft is always one week before the season and the perfect auction article seems to come out afterwards all the time.I know many people are shutting down towards the end of the season, but a recap article from the perfect auction after week 17 would be interesting and give perspective on the following year.

I've been running an auction league for going on 14 years now. For the life of me, I can't figure out why people still use the serpentine draft and not the auction. But they do.

That said, it might be a good idea to have an article on the "basics" of an auction versus a serpentine draft. Everything is different and newcomers to the auction can easily get lost during their first auction.

To me, these are the key points:

1. Don't get caught up in a bidding war/have a strategy on how much you are going to spend on that #1 rb you want etc.

2. Know your adversaries. This, to me, is the most important point. Some guys always spend a ton on a QB or refuse to pay for a WR etc. This info is vital and can really help during the draft.

3. Keeping and protecting players. This is very important and greatly effects strategy for the second half of the year.

4. ALWAYS DO THE DRAFT LIVE! Draft day is my favorite day of the year. It should be yours too!

5. Specify the rules regarding protecting players that are not drafted but picked up via free agency. This is one you don't want to learn as you go, trust me.

6. Have an independent/non participant in the league act as auctioneer and run the draft. This is key.

7. Take whatever steps necessary to make sure everyone monitors their money. There is nothing worse than bidding on a player, getting him only to find out that you couldn't afford him. Ex. You have $90 left and 5 spots to fill. Some boob spends $88 on a guy and then can't afford to pay the $1 minimum for his last 4 spots because he only has $2 left. Nothing but headaches and hassles there.

8. Finally, BE FLEXIBLE. Don't go in saying you are definitely going to get this guy or that guy. Be prepared when someone else is thinking the same thing and you lose out on that guy. If you don't, you'll get flustered and that is how drafts can so easily unravel very, very quickly.

:thumbup:

'Jeff Pasquino said:
'the turnip said:
Unlike the other Perfect articles, this one will have to be, by necessity, fairly vague as when a player is nominated can have a large impact on how much a player goes for. For instance, the first RB named (let's say he's RB #3) may in fact go for considerably less than RB's #6-10 simply because owners realize that they're going to have to spend some cash if they want a top-10 RB after the first 5 are gone. But if you did the auction over again, he might be the most expensive. It's all variable, even with the exact same group of owners.Some of the things I would like to see in an article:1) Suggested bargain players. These are essentially the same as those in a draft (ADP is much lower than projected value), but are worth listing. Also, a list of players that are likely to go for more than their value (especially younger guys in a redraft league).2) How to know when you need to overpay for a stud, and when it's worth it. I've seen players go into an auction and come away with some amazing bargains. But they finish dead last because while those players were all great values, they didn't produce enough points to win (had we counted the points of everyone on the roster, however, they would have rocked).3) Different auction strategies: Going QB/WR heavy and bargain-shopping for RB's. Getting a top-10 player at each position. Etc.4) Although not entirely unique to auctions, having some mention of dynasty/keeper considerations would be good as well. Besides the "play no more than 2-3 years out" mantra, knowing when to keep players that are strong contributors, but not terribly cheap, versus keeping great bargains is something that can really differentiate a great team from a mediocre one.

2) How to know when you need to overpay for a stud, and when it's worth it. I've seen players go into an auction and come away with some amazing bargains. But they finish dead last because while those players were all great values, they didn't produce enough points to win (had we counted the points of everyone on the roster, however, they would have rocked).
This.

1. Separate shark pool thread for auction leagues. It's obviously a different beast and in the minority, but this thread tells me that we have some sharp auction leaguers in the SP.

2. Separate weekly article on auctions, even if just Q&A.

3. Average Auction Values (ADP for auctions).

4. Discussion of contract keeper leagues. It's one thing to say that Tom Brady is worth $x this year. It's another to say that he's worth $x per year for 3 years and you're penalized 50%of his future salaries if you cut him.

5. Ability to customize MyFBG to use custom auction parameters, not just the $200 per team with $1 minimum. DD has some of this For example, my league has $120 per tram, but $4 min for all positions except TE/K/D, which are $2. Causes significant differences.

6. Have Maurile update and reprise his auction method article. It's dated and he talked about doing more research. And it's the foundation for DD's $ values so it should be more current and tested. There are some flaws.

7. Enable DD to more easily accept custom auction values so that the user can still use the draft inflation feature. I don't like DD's values, so I can't use it's inflation numbers easily. But I do use DD to track team's cap situation.

8. Make more raw data available to help us come up with auction values. I use the data dominator and game log dominator, but it's hard to really pull down data and manipulate. For example, I think Drinen has a formula for predicting the lognormal distribution for a player averaging X PPG that he uses for predicting survival in subscriber contests, but it's not public. That data could be used to develop auction values (or better VBD in general).

9. Joe or Dodds has a good, but dated, article on position budgeting. Would be nice to see an update. Or a dynamic tool to help with custom parameters.

Really great to see you focus on this segment of FF.

Unlike the other Perfect articles, this one will have to be, by necessity, fairly vague as when a player is nominated can have a large impact on how much a player goes for. For instance, the first RB named (let's say he's RB #3) may in fact go for considerably less than RB's #6-10 simply because owners realize that they're going to have to spend some cash if they want a top-10 RB after the first 5 are gone. But if you did the auction over again, he might be the most expensive. It's all variable, even with the exact same group of owners.Some of the things I would like to see in an article:1) Suggested bargain players. These are essentially the same as those in a draft (ADP is much lower than projected value), but are worth listing. Also, a list of players that are likely to go for more than their value (especially younger guys in a redraft league).2) How to know when you need to overpay for a stud, and when it's worth it. I've seen players go into an auction and come away with some amazing bargains. But they finish dead last because while those players were all great values, they didn't produce enough points to win (had we counted the points of everyone on the roster, however, they would have rocked).3) Different auction strategies: Going QB/WR heavy and bargain-shopping for RB's. Getting a top-10 player at each position. Etc.4) Although not entirely unique to auctions, having some mention of dynasty/keeper considerations would be good as well. Besides the "play no more than 2-3 years out" mantra, knowing when to keep players that are strong contributors, but not terribly cheap, versus keeping great bargains is something that can really differentiate a great team from a mediocre one.
The best advice of all is the simplest..... Practice.It is hard to go into an auction dead-set on a strat, because you are so easily derailed. The only way to learn how to adjust on the fly is to do a lot of mocks auction drafts beforehand. I start dooing them as early as possible and drastically ramp up frequency as my draft date nears. I find this the best/only way to feel comfortable with the moves/trends going on around you and how to adjust.

'gheemony said:
1. Separate shark pool thread for auction leagues. It's obviously a different beast and in the minority, but this thread tells me that we have some sharp auction leaguers in the SP.2. Separate weekly article on auctions, even if just Q&A.3. Average Auction Values (ADP for auctions).4. Discussion of contract keeper leagues. It's one thing to say that Tom Brady is worth $x this year. It's another to say that he's worth $x per year for 3 years and you're penalized 50%of his future salaries if you cut him. 5. Ability to customize MyFBG to use custom auction parameters, not just the $200 per team with $1 minimum. DD has some of this For example, my league has $120 per tram, but $4 min for all positions except TE/K/D, which are $2. Causes significant differences.6. Have Maurile update and reprise his auction method article. It's dated and he talked about doing more research. And it's the foundation for DD's $ values so it should be more current and tested. There are some flaws.7. Enable DD to more easily accept custom auction values so that the user can still use the draft inflation feature. I don't like DD's values, so I can't use it's inflation numbers easily. But I do use DD to track team's cap situation.8. Make more raw data available to help us come up with auction values. I use the data dominator and game log dominator, but it's hard to really pull down data and manipulate. For example, I think Drinen has a formula for predicting the lognormal distribution for a player averaging X PPG that he uses for predicting survival in subscriber contests, but it's not public. That data could be used to develop auction values (or better VBD in general).9. Joe or Dodds has a good, but dated, article on position budgeting. Would be nice to see an update. Or a dynamic tool to help with custom parameters.Really great to see you focus on this segment of FF.
This is a good list. Can you please provide a link to #9?

'gheemony said:
1. Separate shark pool thread for auction leagues. It's obviously a different beast and in the minority, but this thread tells me that we have some sharp auction leaguers in the SP.2. Separate weekly article on auctions, even if just Q&A.3. Average Auction Values (ADP for auctions).4. Discussion of contract keeper leagues. It's one thing to say that Tom Brady is worth $x this year. It's another to say that he's worth $x per year for 3 years and you're penalized 50%of his future salaries if you cut him. 5. Ability to customize MyFBG to use custom auction parameters, not just the $200 per team with $1 minimum. DD has some of this For example, my league has $120 per tram, but $4 min for all positions except TE/K/D, which are $2. Causes significant differences.6. Have Maurile update and reprise his auction method article. It's dated and he talked about doing more research. And it's the foundation for DD's $ values so it should be more current and tested. There are some flaws.7. Enable DD to more easily accept custom auction values so that the user can still use the draft inflation feature. I don't like DD's values, so I can't use it's inflation numbers easily. But I do use DD to track team's cap situation.8. Make more raw data available to help us come up with auction values. I use the data dominator and game log dominator, but it's hard to really pull down data and manipulate. For example, I think Drinen has a formula for predicting the lognormal distribution for a player averaging X PPG that he uses for predicting survival in subscriber contests, but it's not public. That data could be used to develop auction values (or better VBD in general).9. Joe or Dodds has a good, but dated, article on position budgeting. Would be nice to see an update. Or a dynamic tool to help with custom parameters.Really great to see you focus on this segment of FF.
This is a good list. Can you please provide a link to #9?
I can't find the original article because I just put the numbers in my spreadsheet when he first published it (~2001?), but at the beginning of the perfect auction article, he lays out what % of your budget should be spent on each position. This is very close to what I have written down, so you should go with his new numbers.

'gheemony said:
7. Enable DD to more easily accept custom auction values so that the user can still use the draft inflation feature. I don't like DD's values, so I can't use it's inflation numbers easily. But I do use DD to track team's cap situation.
This. This. This.Also, a few more details on how to set up DD to optimize for an auction.

If MFL/ESPN/CBSSPORTS would be willing to share data with you, it would be interesting to know what percentage of leagues are using some form of auction drafting and whether or not the practice is growing/shrinking/holding steady.

I can't find the original article because I just put the numbers in my spreadsheet when he first published it (~2001?), but at the beginning of the perfect auction article, he lays out what % of your budget should be spent on each position. This is very close to what I have written down, so you should go with his new numbers.
I think this is the article you were thinking of? (From 2006) It's a little dated, however, since the "don't draft top 4 QB" mantra has clearly fallen out of favor. I also think the "don't bid on the first 20-24 players" is inherently wrong. In the last 10 years of my league, the first player named has consistently been the best value at his position, at least based on projected rankings. Prices for the #5-10 projected players are typically higher than expected simply because owners realize that they'll be shut out completely if they don't bid on someone.

Another resource for pricing that's often overlooked is previous years' results. For example, if I take the average salary of the most expensive QB salary from every year, I can expect to pay approximately that much for the consensus top QB. Average the second highest QB salary and I can expect to pay approximately that for the consensus #2 QB. And so on. (Side note, but for keeper leagues, I typically add 10% to all the "expected" values to account for the discounts in total salary from players kept at a bargain.) This isn't to say that I should spend that much for a player, but at least I know about what I can expect to pay. This is increasingly valuable for a stable league as it obviously accounts for league biases. This would be even MORE useful if I had a method I liked for actually determining how much each player is actually worth.

As a note, it would be helpful to discuss either a generic way of allocating starting salary (i.e. based on expected points scored or VBD values), or to include multiple potential scoring systems. Many of the perfect draft articles assume 1 QB/2 RB/3 WR/1 TE, but I play in several leagues that are 2 QB/2 WR and that obviously skews the importance of both of those positions (QB to the point of being the most valuable position, with even low-end QB1's commanding salaries nearly as high as the top 3-4 RB's, with WR's being virtually "free" after the top 10 or so). And I second the thought of some discussion for keeper/dynasty leagues, although with even more variations than a "redraft" auction (which already has so many variations compared to a draft), it may be a bit beyond the scope of these articles.

How about discussion on how to convert various keeper league formats to an auction? For instance, my main league is 14 teams where you can keep two players. Keeper cost is determined by when the player was selected in the draft the prior year or when he was picked up as a FA. We have people interested in moving to an auction but we need to find a way to convert these keepers to some dollar cost system that is fair.

How about discussion on how to convert various keeper league formats to an auction? For instance, my main league is 14 teams where you can keep two players. Keeper cost is determined by when the player was selected in the draft the prior year or when he was picked up as a FA. We have people interested in moving to an auction but we need to find a way to convert these keepers to some dollar cost system that is fair.
I doubt this is something that will merit an official posting as it's not necessarily generally applicable, but it's definitely something you might consider a separate thread question for. My short answer is to find some auction listing to be used as an "official" source and then convert all those keepers to values in the following way: Convert the first picked RB to the highest RB price, the second picked to the second, and so on. Of course, this will make some players picked in later rounds more expensive than those picked earlier, but it would be unwise to take positional costs into account (RB's in a 1 QB league are going to be the most expensive players, even ones taken in the 8th+ round, whereas a kicker that someone took in the 6th round might be $2 at most).

***I always need a refresher on how values fluctuate based on total # of teams and number of roster spots. I also notice that very few if any of my league mates seem to understand the concept. Doing a google search, you'll find opposite answers depending on which site you go to, and rarely even see anything worthwile to begin with.Should deeper leagues increase the value of top-tier studs or decrease it? On one hand, the value over replacement players is higher, so maybe you should assign a higher value to a player like Aaron Rodgers...but you'll need more $ to fill out your team, so maybe your $ value for Aaron Rodgers should decrease? Please provide something explaining how the values fluctuate based on league/position depth! From what I've seen in years past, there is no good resource to go to for this analysis.
It's pretty simple, I think. QBs and TEs slip in smaller leagues which start 1QB and 1TE.
Thanks, but your response has absolutely nothing to do with my question. Number of QB's and TE's on each team is a totally different (and unrelated) issue.This is why we need the information I was asking for in my post...most managers don't even understand that league depth can have a big effect on auction values.

THANK YOU 1,000,000x for this thread and the future content. I'm still working on some of the things I'd like to see discussed, but just seeing this thread makes me smile. :yes:

THANK YOU 1,000,000x for this thread and the future content. I'm still working on some of the things I'd like to see discussed, but just seeing this thread makes me smile. :yes:
Agreed. My main league is a contract salary cap league with an auction every year in August. This is just what I need.

I think this is the article you were thinking of? (From 2006) It's a little dated, however, since the "don't draft top 4 QB" mantra has clearly fallen out of favor. I also think the "don't bid on the first 20-24 players" is inherently wrong. In the last 10 years of my league, the first player named has consistently been the best value at his position, at least based on projected rankings. Prices for the #5-10 projected players are typically higher than expected simply because owners realize that they'll be shut out completely if they don't bid on someone.
A similar one, but an older one. I started in an auction league in 2001, and saw the article within the first three years. The current Perfect Auction articles haven't changed much since.After giving it some thought, I do think the "budget" concept is an over-simplification that is helpful to new auction players and is a rule of thumb for more experienced players. I know focus on getting value. I want to get guys for at least 10%, but hopefully 20% to 30% less than my "value" for the player. If that value comes in one position, that's fine.

I also agree that the who-goes-for-what-when theories are helpful to think about, but everything varies greatly from league-to-league. I think it would be better to compare it to poker (and I know some FBG staffers are good poker players). For example, in poker there are terms like position raise, slow playing, bluffing, and pot raise. There are even terms to describe players. Why not write a series that applies to auctions? Then when you're in an auction and nothing is going to plan, you can lean on that article and try to use the examples to set strategy (e.g., if you're being slow played by tight player, you should fold).

Another resource for pricing that's often overlooked is previous years' results. For example, if I take the average salary of the most expensive QB salary from every year, I can expect to pay approximately that much for the consensus top QB. Average the second highest QB salary and I can expect to pay approximately that for the consensus #2 QB. And so on. (Side note, but for keeper leagues, I typically add 10% to all the "expected" values to account for the discounts in total salary from players kept at a bargain.) This isn't to say that I should spend that much for a player, but at least I know about what I can expect to pay. This is increasingly valuable for a stable league as it obviously accounts for league biases. This would be even MORE useful if I had a method I liked for actually determining how much each player is actually worth.

As a note, it would be helpful to discuss either a generic way of allocating starting salary (i.e. based on expected points scored or VBD values), or to include multiple potential scoring systems. Many of the perfect draft articles assume 1 QB/2 RB/3 WR/1 TE, but I play in several leagues that are 2 QB/2 WR and that obviously skews the importance of both of those positions (QB to the point of being the most valuable position, with even low-end QB1's commanding salaries nearly as high as the top 3-4 RB's, with WR's being virtually "free" after the top 10 or so). And I second the thought of some discussion for keeper/dynasty leagues, although with even more variations than a "redraft" auction (which already has so many variations compared to a draft), it may be a bit beyond the scope of these articles.
1. Great suggestion for historical auction values. It's like Average Value Theory (AVT) for auctions. How much does QB1 usually go for?2. Allocating starting salary is the *key* to auctions. If you don't have a good system for valuing players (i.e., converting VBD to auction values), then it is garbage in, garbage out. It doesn't matter if you got all your players at a discount from your value and within your set budgets if your values are wrong. By "wrong" I mean that it does not properly reflect the value of your projection for the player's performance, and not that your project is wrong. Your projection will always be wrong.

I've been working on my formula for 10 years. The weaknesses are lack of data, lack of my own skill (wish I had a statistics degree), and lack of time (lots of number crunching involved).

'SelenaCat said:
I doubt this is something that will merit an official posting as it's not necessarily generally applicable, but it's definitely something you might consider a separate thread question for. My short answer is to find some auction listing to be used as an "official" source and then convert all those keepers to values in the following way: Convert the first picked RB to the highest RB price, the second picked to the second, and so on. Of course, this will make some players picked in later rounds more expensive than those picked earlier, but it would be unwise to take positional costs into account (RB's in a 1 QB league are going to be the most expensive players, even ones taken in the 8th+ round, whereas a kicker that someone took in the 6th round might be $2 at most).
Another option is to value them at zero cost. you can only keep two for free for each team anyway, and each team will keep their best players, and maybe try and trade for better. it makes for simpler transition and the money not spent on keepers will just be spent on other players.

My biggest problem when trying to determine actual value (as opposed to what I can expect to pay) is figuring out what to use as my baseline. If I take lowest starter, than QB's are vastly undervalued compared to what I can expect to pay and from an anecdotal standpoint (admittedly of 10 years worth of playing), we might even be undervaluing them (it's a QB+Superflex league). However, if I use the average backup as my baseline, you're talking about the 28th-30th QB, in which case QB's are worth more than half your salary, which also seems like a recipe for failure. I usually go for something like last starter + 0-4 (using 4 for QB's, 2 for other skill positions, and 0 for DST/K), which at least jives somewhat with our historical draft values, but doesn't necessarily tell me how valuable the position truly is.

***ADDITIONAL REQUEST***

If you have used an online auction tool, please post your experience - or email me about it.

I don't pretend to have used many of them at all - and my auctions are usually live or on MFL in the past.

Thanks

While we're on the topic of auctions, would it be possible to incorporate some auction-specific information in the dynasty/keeper articles? Both of the recently posted articles completely ignored the possibility of an auction-style draft, which, especially for dynasty leagues, is gaining increasing popularity.

Can we get this topic pinned please....
No, but you can keep contributing to it.I've just finished a draft of the FBG Auction Guide - something that has never been written, to my surprise.Hopefully I've covered enough of this topic to at least address most of the concerns in this thread so far.I'd expect it to debut next week.

***ADDITIONAL REQUEST***If you have used an online auction tool, please post your experience - or email me about it.I don't pretend to have used many of them at all - and my auctions are usually live or on MFL in the past. Thanks
I've used Yahoo and ESPN for about a dozen real drafts.. and another (first one years back.. cant remember and it was terrible).Yahoo and ESPN are both great - nearly identical in ease of use, and options to personalize scoring/drafting parameters. The other great thing about them is everyone in your league is free to make as many test runs they need via Mock Drafts to get comfortable with how it all goes down.It looks like CBS is adding this feature this year as well.

No, but you can keep contributing to it.I've just finished a draft of the FBG Auction Guide - something that has never been written, to my surprise.Hopefully I've covered enough of this topic to at least address most of the concerns in this thread so far.I'd expect it to debut next week.
:thumbup: :popcorn: Looking forward to it.
Here's the titles of the 8 sections, as a preview:Section 1 – Auction Leagues for BeginnersSection 2 – Preparing for Auction Day Section 3 – Knowing Your LeagueSection 4 – Auction DaySection 5 – Strategies for Building an Auction TeamSection 6 – Strategies for Operating an Auction TeamSection 7 – Nomination StrategiesSection 8 – Auction League Types

While not directly related, I would love a good article on how to convince league mates that have never done an auction to consider switching over to an auction format. Obviously I have no idea how to do it because I am like 0-9 in trying to convince people to change away from a draft.

:thumbup: :popcorn: Looking forward to it.
Here's the titles of the 8 sections, as a preview:Section 1 – Auction Leagues for BeginnersSection 2 – Preparing for Auction Day Section 3 – Knowing Your LeagueSection 4 – Auction DaySection 5 – Strategies for Building an Auction TeamSection 6 – Strategies for Operating an Auction TeamSection 7 – Nomination StrategiesSection 8 – Auction League Types
Well in that case :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: Really looking forward to it

While not directly related, I would love a good article on how to convince league mates that have never done an auction to consider switching over to an auction format. Obviously I have no idea how to do it because I am like 0-9 in trying to convince people to change away from a draft.
We had a lot of people that didn't want to change our league, so we just made a second one. It was essentially the same people (only 1-2 owners different in both 12-team leagues), but gave them a chance to keep the original draft and try out auctions as well. Now, we have trouble keeping 10 owners in the draft league, but the auction league is still going strong.

Users who are viewing this thread