What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Footballguys Playoff Challenge - $35 Per Team - $100,000 Grand Prize (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
Everyone who bought a Footballguys Premium Subscription gets a free entry into the Footballguys Subscriber Playoff Contest. It has a $1000 Grand Prize. Check it out here https://www.footballguys.com/subscribers/playoffcontest/entry.php

We have a thread on it here.

I also hope folks will be part of the Footballguys Playoff Challenge. https://myffpc.com/cms/public/play/footballguys-playoff-challenge-official-rules/?affid=FBG. Like the Footballguys Players Championship, we run that with our good friends and partners at The FFPC. It's just $35 to enter and has $100,000 Grand Prize. It sold out early last year and we're well on that path right now. Don't miss it.

The FFPC also has a higher stakes version using the exact same format. You can see it here https://myffpc.com/cms/public/play/ffpc-playoff-challenge/?affid=FBG. It's a $200 entry fee with a $500,000 Grand Prize. 

Feel free to use this thread to talk up strategies. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe Bryant said:
Here's our @Sigmund Bloom with his take on building the perfect lineup for this contest. https://www.footballguys.com/article/2021-playoff-challenge-perfect-lineup
Good read. I share lot of the same thoughts. I wonder about spots where the unique winning play might be something like Higgins outscoring Chase. Most people will have Chase. In this link it shows the winners from last year. The $35 winner used Juju but the $200 winner used Claypool. IIRC Juju scored more. So choosing those correctly can be key. 

Good read. I share lot of the same thoughts. I wonder about spots where the unique winning play might be something like Higgins outscoring Chase. Most people will have Chase. In this link it shows the winners from last year. The $35 winner used Juju but the $200 winner used Claypool. IIRC Juju scored more. So choosing those correctly can be key. 

Yes, that's a really well written article.  Bloom did some top quality work there.

I have some complaints about this contest.  Rather than discuss, I wish Joe would go into the contest business.  The two run here are just outstanding IMO.  Seems like a core competency that's not being monetized.  I'd really like to see more options out there with a 10% vig.  Also would like to see them get into the season long best ball select and go options at $10-$20 entry level similar to the mfl10s.  

Joe Bryant said:
Feel free to use this thread to talk up strategies. 

1. psychically decide who will be in the super bowl & who will advance furthest. 
2. Pick QB/WR/RB from teams I believe will advance furthest. 

3. ????

4. Profit. 

In this particular contest you can only pick one player from each NFL team
Then I'm confused as what this means:

In the elimination rounds (i.e. all but the Super Bowl), only your two highest-scoring players from each NFL team count toward your score.

In the elimination rounds (i.e. all but the Super Bowl), only your two highest-scoring players from each NFL team count toward your score.

That's for the Footballguys Subscriber Playoff Contest that is free for subscribers. https://www.footballguys.com/subscribers/playoffcontest/entry.php

This is the Footballguys Playoff Challenge Contest that is $35 entry fee.  https://myffpc.com/cms/public/play/footballguys-playoff-challenge?affid=FBG

1st time in this contest, so dumb question. I have the a1st iteration of my roster built but don't see a submit button. Do you not have to submit, and the system  tracks your roster automatically?

1st time in this contest, so dumb question. I have the a1st iteration of my roster built but don't see a submit button. Do you not have to submit, and the system  tracks your roster automatically?
My first time also.  There is no submit button.  I entered a lineup and went back in later and it was still there.

I assume for this you'd first want to pick the two teams you're sure wont advance.  I think most teams will omit Steeler and Eagles players here.  

Probably pick QB from the team you are most confident will make the Superbowl.

Then just best player from the remaining teams.  

That is the subscriber contest, this is the $35 entry $100k tourney. Different rules but both have FBG in the title.

So this and the $200 entry contest with the same rules, are my favorite playoff contests each year and I look forward to them as much or more than any other FF milestone thoughout the calendar. 

Gotta figure out the right amount of chalk and the right amount of contrarian plays. Gotta get the Cinderella right if there is one. Or two. Gotta fade the right two teams.

If you can do that you still have to really nail kicker and defense.

Seems like a lot of people probably picking Carlson or Folk at K and either Steelers or Pats D. 

I am doing several entries but trying to decide my last minute pivots if news changes. 

Kupp will probably be highest owned in contest and I am probably not deviating from that myself. 

Everyone also seems to agree that RB sucks and few entries are going to pick more than two of them. So getting that combination lock correctly picked is going to be key as well. But could going with 3 or 4 RBs be a winning contrarian play?

You can follow the link in the OP for the rules but it is FFPC scoring. 12 starters 12 players no more than 1 player from any 1 NFL team. 

QB RB RB WR WR TE FL FL FL FL DEF KICKER

That confused the heck out of me last year (my first time) - but yeah, autosaves. No button. 

Seems like a lot of people probably picking Carlson or Folk at K and either Steelers or Pats D. 
Yeah, I think if people are going to punt on positions it's going to be D/ST

I'm not sure if it's better to have the K for one of your superbowl teams or the QB, but I'm going with the latter in all 3 iterations of my entries. 

Yeah, I think if people are going to punt on positions it's going to be D/ST

I'm not sure if it's better to have the K for one of your superbowl teams or the QB, but I'm going with the latter in all 3 iterations of my entries. 
You don't get to punt positions. You *must* choose a D/ST. And so yeah in addition to fading two NFL teams from your lineup, you are also choosing active players (or the DEF) for what will be 4 losing teams if you get it right. So you might as well make 2 of those 4 losers go to your Kicker and D/ST. Which is why a lot of people are going Carlson or Folk. Not locks by any means. I think the Rams beat the Cardinals and may choose Prater as my kicker. Am toying between Najee vs Steelers D vs fading them completely in some spots. I will do a little of all three.

You don't get to punt positions. You *must* choose a D/ST.
it’s a figure of speech. 

By “punt”, I meant, “have as the least important”, which seems obvious in the context in which it was applied. 
:shrug:  

And so yeah in addition to fading two NFL teams from your lineup, you are also choosing active players (or the DEF) for what will be 4 losing teams if you get it right. So you might as well make 2 of those 4 losers go to your Kicker and D/ST. Which is why a lot of people are going Carlson or Folk. Not locks by any means. I think the Rams beat the Cardinals and may choose Prater as my kicker. Am toying between Najee vs Steelers D vs fading them completely in some spots. I will do a little of all three.
Correct - which is exactly what I said, though far more verbose.

As for the Pats D & Carlson specifically theres also the factor that they’re very likely to be the highest scoring of the D/st & K to get bounced in the 1st round. 

it’s a figure of speech. 

By “punt”, I meant, “have as the least important”, which seems obvious in the context in which it was applied. 
:shrug:  

Correct - which is exactly what I said, though far more verbose.

As for the Pats D & Carlson specifically theres also the factor that they’re very likely to be the highest scoring of the D/st & K to get bounced in the 1st round. 
Yeah sorry my bad.

It is the least important because they don't score that much but *usually* what separates the $500k winners from the next tier down is nailing the best K and Def, and it is usually that highest scoring team that got bounced in the WC round, as you said. I have the Cowboys going to the Divisional round and playing the Bucs. I'm not too sure how I feel about that potential game but I did an iteration where I put Zuerlein in as my kicker. But then I realized by doing that I was adding one more "blank" spot in the skill positions, since in this iteration the Cowboys are advancing. So I had talked myself into the notion that I'd have some kind of advantage by having a K that wasn't one-and-done. But then the question was would that theoretical advantage outweigh putting in a one-and-done skill player in my lineup instead of Zeke/Pollard/Cooper/Wilson/Lamb/Schultz/Dak? And I had to say no to that so I scrubbed that iteration.

Just a headsup. This thing always closes out fast. As of 3:46 PM ET, there are just 2,763 of the 15,000 spots left. I always get people who yell at me when they can't get in. 

Grab your spots https://myffpc.com/cms/public/play/footballguys-playoff-challenge/
You guys having any issues getting to the page where you select players? I registered and deposited $35, then I get to a screen that has a "loading roster and player pool" box that just sits there. I sent an e mail through the link on the page, but no response yet.

You guys having any issues getting to the page where you select players? I registered and deposited $35, then I get to a screen that has a "loading roster and player pool" box that just sits there. I sent an e mail through the link on the page, but no response yet.

Not that I'm aware of. But if you're having trouble please email support@myffpc.com

Went packers steelers superbowl:

QB - Aaron Rodgers - GB - $36
QB - Jimmy Garoppolo - SF - $14
QB - Ben Roethlisberger - PIT - $11
RB - Devin Singletary - BUF - $23
RB - Aaron Jones - GB - $16
RB - Najee Harris - PIT - $11
WR - Davante Adams - GB - $33
WR - Cooper Kupp - LAR - $32
WR - Stefon Diggs - BUF - $21
WR - Diontae Johnson - PIT - $13
WR - Marquez Valdes-Scantling - GB - $6
WR - Bryan Edwards - LV - $3
TE - Pat Freiermuth - PIT - $7
PK - Mason Crosby - GB - $9
PK - Chris Boswell - PIT - $4
TD - Green Bay Packers - GB - $8
TD - Pittsburgh Steelers - PIT - $3

This will free me up to pick with my brain in an FFPC contest

I have the Cowboys going to the Divisional round and playing the Bucs.

I think the vast majority of folks do. Personally I see the Niners with about a 40% shot at an upset. It strikes me as a make or break game for quite a few post-season entries in the various contests. If Shanny has some mojo, it might be Niners/Bucs. 

Not for nothing, the +3.5 was nice while it lasted. Line’s already dropped. 

Working for me. Maybe try another browser 

I think the vast majority of folks do. Personally I see the Niners with about a 40% shot at an upset. It strikes me as a make or break game for quite a few post-season entries in the various contests. If Shanny has some mojo, it might be Niners/Bucs. 

Not for nothing, the +3.5 was nice while it lasted. Line’s already dropped. 
I've seen a lot of people pick the Niners and I don't think it is crazy but yeah I mean it seems for this contest that regardless of who wins this matchup the tough question is which Cowboy to pick. If Kupp is the highest owned player then Deebo is probably 2nd highest.

I've seen a lot of people pick the Niners and I don't think it is crazy but yeah I mean it seems for this contest that regardless of who wins this matchup the tough question is which Cowboy to pick. If Kupp is the highest owned player then Deebo is probably 2nd highest.
I suspect the majority view that the Cowboys will win are keeping people from picking Deebo. Aiyuk seems like a value play in that light, and another one of those contrarian picks that could turn a profit it Aiyuk unexpectedly blows up (and the Niners pull the upset) . 

Users who are viewing this thread