What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Forte back at practice (1 Viewer)

towney

Footballguy
Rotoworld

Matt Forte (ankle) particiapted in Wednesday's practice, and looked "fine," according to coach Lovie Smith.

Forte's exact participation is unclear, but he sounds on track to suit up for Week 13. The consensus among the Bears' press corps is that he indeed appeared "fine." Michael Bush could still be in for a few extra carries against the Seahawks, but Forte has clearly avoided a dreaded high-ankle sprain. Plan on starting him as you normally would.

Wow how things change from Sunday.

As a Bush & Forte owner, I can't trust either of them this week in a pivotal game for me. Really thinking of starting Bryce Brown over both of them.

The shot of him walking off the field with the trainer sure looked like parts were gonna start falling off of him. Depending on what "looked fine" means, this is pretty amazing and hard to believe! :popcorn:

thinking I might play bush over forte at flex (behind rice and bryce brown) since bush will get goal line carries and potentially few more series worth of carries.

thinking I might play bush over forte at flex (behind rice and bryce brown) since bush will get goal line carries and potentially few more series worth of carries.
Pretty much my exact roster, lol. Although, I'm debating Cecil Shorts at flex over Bush (.5 ppr)

yea, this is almost the worst news for me too, have both forte and bush. Playoff week
I am getting to the point of going the opposite direction of what teams say the week before the game. Last week it was all "Julio is limited coming off a potential high-ankle sprain" so I actually sat him, then he goes off for a career high. Now they're all "forte looked good in practice" which is probably just gaming and he'll play 10 snaps.

When I opened this thread, my fingers were crossed that you would share the details of your team. It is SO interesting and a valuable use of my time.That is sarcasm, by the way.

Pretty much my exact roster, lol. Although, I'm debating Cecil Shorts at flex over Bush (.5 ppr)

I'm not starting him. He hasn't produced all season, and with Michael Bush being the vulture that he is - #### that noise.
The way he is used, he's had a good year. Pulled in almost all goal line situations, short yardage, no longer Cutlers safety net with Marshall around, and only 20+ carries 3 games. The target/reception numbers have been the real killer.If he was used in a manner similar to Foster or Rice, he would be right up there with those guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Chief said:
When I opened this thread, my fingers were crossed that you would share the details of your team. It is SO interesting and a valuable use of my time.That is sarcasm, by the way.

When I opened this thread on this fantasy football board, I was hoping someone would make a snarky comment about people discussing who they were considering to play in a fantasy football game.It is SO interesting and valuable when you add such comments, chief.

Any Chicago/homers who can provide an actual update on Forte's condition? I mean if he's sleeping in a hyperbaric chamber and seeing a chiropractor then maybe he won't play. There is a HUGE difference between wanting to play and being ready to play.

I haven't heard anything that convinces me he's a lock to play. If you know of something, could you please post it?

Any Chicago/homers who can provide an actual update on Forte's condition? I mean if he's sleeping in a hyperbaric chamber and seeing a chiropractor then maybe he won't play. There is a HUGE difference between wanting to play and being ready to play.I haven't heard anything that convinces me he's a lock to play. If you know of something, could you please post it?
Bears | Matt Forte probable Fri, 30 Nov 2012 14:54:48 -0800Chicago Bears RB Matt Forte (ankle) practiced in full Friday, Nov. 30, and is probable for Week 13.0 Comments | Source: ChicagoBears.com | Share:

Bears | Matt Forte says he'll play

Thu, 29 Nov 2012 14:59:33 -0800

Chicago Bears RB Matt Forte (ankle) said he plans on playing in Week 13 against the Seattle Seahawks.

Fantasy Tip: Forte's ankle has tested out fine in practice so far this week, so it looks like he'll be set to go unless he suffers some kind of setback. Michael Bush could still be used more than usual against the Seahawks even if Forte suits up.

Comment (0) | Share: | Source: Chicago Sun-Times - Sean Jensen

Forte has been dinged before, so I'm thinking there should be some kind of indication as to how heavily the Bears will set his workload.

Common sense says he'll see fewer touches as they have a great back in Bush who can help if Forte is less than 100%. They are up against the Hawks on the road, which could be a tough game given how well SEA plays at home, and the fact they are right around top third in rush D this year. And the fact that the Bears O-line is really not as good as they are everywhere else.

But do we know what past evidence/stats say?

Forte has been dinged before, so I'm thinking there should be some kind of indication as to how heavily the Bears will set his workload.

Common sense says he'll see fewer touches as they have a great back in Bush who can help if Forte is less than 100%. They are up against the Hawks on the road, which could be a tough game given how well SEA plays at home, and the fact they are right around top third in rush D this year. And the fact that the Bears O-line is really not as good as they are everywhere else.

Did they move Soldier Field to Seattle?

Did they move Soldier's Field to Seattle?
Soldier Field. Not plural.

Maybe there is a "Soldier's Field" in Seattle.

Actually Soldier's is possessive. Soldiers would be the plural form. ;)

If you saw the play when he got injured, then you wouldn't play him this week.
I saw it and I'm still up in the air. Frustrating.http://www.nfl.com/videos/chicago-bears/0ap2000000100189/Matt-Forte-injured-on-reversed-defensive-touchdown-call

Users who are viewing this thread