What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Forte does NOT have a high ankle sprain (1 Viewer)

KCitons

Footballguy
Coach Lovie stated today that Forte is just sore, but does NOT have a high ankle sprain.

The longer I play FF, the more I am seeing irresponsible reporting from lots of sources. It's getting to the point that you can only believe official team statements and everything else should be taken with a large grain of salt.

Coach Lovie stated today that Forte is just sore, but does NOT have a high ankle sprain.The longer I play FF, the more I am seeing irresponsible reporting from lots of sources. It's getting to the point that you can only believe official team statements and everything else should be taken with a large grain of salt.
just follow moderated on twitter and this forum. that's all you need for medical opinions

Coach Lovie stated today that Forte is just sore, but does NOT have a high ankle sprain.The longer I play FF, the more I am seeing irresponsible reporting from lots of sources. It's getting to the point that you can only believe official team statements and everything else should be taken with a large grain of salt.
Not to be a richard...but shouldn't you only trust team press releases for injury information?

Woot!

But I would prefer they kept out this week and maybe next to ensure he doesn't make it worse.

Not to be a richard...but shouldn't you only trust team press releases for injury information?
You would think so. But this season has been especially bad with mis-information. Maybe I am just noticing it more. I don't want to turn this into a PSU thread. But, I am reminded of the early false reports of JoPa's death. If you don't have the truth, don't report it. Too many media outlets trying to scoop their competition.

just follow moderated on twitter and this forum. that's all you need for medical opinions
Not sure who you are talking about on twitter? But, this forum is no better. And when you think about it, forums like this (and FBG writers) actually perpetuate the problem. They pass along information taken from local writers/bloggers that post on twitter. I made the same comments in the FJax thread when La Canfora said that he would be out at least 4 weeks. I would like to go back and find out who tweeted/reported that Forte had a high ankle sprain. They should be stripped of their man card and kicked out of the country. :P

BTW, Hernandez's injury yesterday is also being called a high ankle sprain. And reporters were giving out the same canned response. 6 Weeks. I asked Bloom, both Forte and Hernandez have the same high ankle sprain, Forte walked off the field with hardly a limp, while Hernandez had to be carried off, there is no way they are both on the same 6 Week timetable. Either Forte will be back sooner, or Hernandez is done for the year.

And I know all about the different degrees of high ankle sprains. That wasn't the point I was making. It's that everyone hears high ankle sprain and immediately says "6 weeks".

BTW, Hernandez's injury yesterday is also being called a high ankle sprain. And reporters were giving out the same canned response. 6 Weeks. I asked Bloom, both Forte and Hernandez have the same high ankle sprain, Forte walked off the field with hardly a limp, while Hernandez had to be carried off, there is no way they are both on the same 6 Week timetable. Either Forte will be back sooner, or Hernandez is done for the year. And I know all about the different degrees of high ankle sprains. That wasn't the point I was making. It's that everyone hears high ankle sprain and immediately says "6 weeks".
I wouldn't judge the injuries on how they left the field. Jonathan Stewart was carted off and came back two weeks later and I saw Deuce McAllister jog off with a blown knee.

BTW, Hernandez's injury yesterday is also being called a high ankle sprain. And reporters were giving out the same canned response. 6 Weeks. I asked Bloom, both Forte and Hernandez have the same high ankle sprain, Forte walked off the field with hardly a limp, while Hernandez had to be carried off, there is no way they are both on the same 6 Week timetable. Either Forte will be back sooner, or Hernandez is done for the year. And I know all about the different degrees of high ankle sprains. That wasn't the point I was making. It's that everyone hears high ankle sprain and immediately says "6 weeks".
I wouldn't judge the injuries on how they left the field. Jonathan Stewart was carted off and came back two weeks later and I saw Deuce McAllister jog off with a blown knee.
With blown knees maybe, as swelling/inflammation can mask the Severity of the injury. With ankles, how gingerly a guy co esoff the field is a fairly good barometer of the severity of the injury IMHO.

I agree 100%. But, then the question remains, how do you judge an injury?? Reporters say one thing and a few days later are proved wrong. A Coach makes a statement and people think it is just a smoke screen. Bottom line, you can't trust anyone. This is why I believe that fantasy football is 90% luck. (but that's for another thread)

wow, good timing with this news. Just traded CJ for Forte in one of my PPR dynasty leagues. Hopefully he makes it back 100% whether its 2 or even up to 6 weeks. Worth waiting on IMO.

Whew, great news for Forte owners. He still could miss a couple games but it's a lot better than 4-6 weeks plus time to back into playing condition.

Also less time for Bush to get more intrenched in the offense.

Last edited by a moderator:
With blown knees maybe, as swelling/inflammation can mask the Severity of the injury. With ankles, how gingerly a guy co esoff the field is a fairly good barometer of the severity of the injury IMHO.
You have no idea what you're talking about. Your knee doesn't start swelling immediately after you blow it. In fact it looks normal for hours afterwards. You can sometimes walk off because of a couple of things. First the ligaments weren't damaged to the point where light jogging will dislocate the knee, but heavy cutting will. And also your muscles provide some stability for light activity.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Your knee doesn't start swelling immediately after you blow it. In fact it looks normal for hours afterwards. You can sometimes walk off because of a couple of things. First the ligaments weren't damaged to the point where light jogging will dislocate the knee, but heavy cutting will. And also your muscles provide some stability for light activity.
I blew out my knee (ACL) about 12 years ago playing soccer. I heard a pop but had no swelling and was able to walk. no pain at all. Never went to the doctor. About a week later I was playing basketball and felt my knee twist in a strange way when I tried to cut for a layup. Went to the doc then and had to have the ACL recon. always thought it was strange that there was no pain... the real pain came in the rehab. that sucked

Problem with talking about this injury on here is that people have different motives. Some have Forte.. some have Bush. People will think w/e makes them feel better, when he plays he plays

'KCitons said:
Coach Lovie stated today that Forte is just sore, but does NOT have a high ankle sprain.
"In fact he isn't really injured at all, this is just a ploy to scare all you fantasy football owners"-Lovie :thumbup:

Bears | Matt Forte won't practice Wednesday

Mon, 17 Sep 2012 15:32:16 -0700

Chicago Bears head coach Lovie Smith said RB Matt Forte (ankle) won't be on the field when the team resumes practice Wednesday, Sept. 19, but Forte wasn't wearing an ankle brace or a walking boot Monday, Sept. 17, and didn't look to be in noticeable pain when jogging. "He looked pretty good today," Smith said. "We're not ruling him out of anything just yet. He has a long way to go. I don't want you to start thinking he'll be out there practicing tomorrow; he's not. But we're making progress." RB Michael Bush will receive the start in Week 3 against the St. Louis Rams if Forte can't go.

0 Comments | Source: ESPNChicago.com - Michael C. Wright | Share:

'Yolkix said:
Problem with talking about this injury on here is that people have different motives. Some have Forte.. some have Bush. People will think w/e makes them feel better, when he plays he plays
How dare you. I personally wallow in despair and FREAK THE #### OUT!!!

'Patroclus said:
I can't speak for anyone else, but I tore my ACL in college, and by the time I got home (less than 30 minutes), my knee was incredibly swollen.

What's the latest word on Forte? I'm not really seeing any updates other than that he hasn't been practicing, and I think it's obvious he's not playing this Sunday, but what's the current thinking on when he comes back? I'm trying to figure out what kind of value he might have in a trade and how much longer I'm gonna have to cover his spot in the lineup.

The only reports I can find are that he is Not practicing, but has been jogging/running on the side during practice. I have not found any reports on him doing any cutting with that ankle (which would be the big concern with a high ankle injury)

At this point, it's nearly impossible to know what his status is. The MNF match-up with Dallas week 4 should give a better picture. At that point he will have had 18 days of rest/rehab. If he is iffy at that point, the Bears will probably just keep him out until after their Week 6 Bye.

Honestly, when I saw the injury I was thinking Lis-Franc. It looked mid-foot to me, more than ankle. Time will tell I guess.
Those injuries are quite often misdiagnosed as an ankle sprain or turf toe. I sure hope it's not Lis-Franc. That's a terrible injury for a RB to have.It ended the career of Kevin Jones, and it ended the productivity of Ronnie Brown. McFadden had it last year too, but it sounds like it was not as serious as he did not require surgery to repair it Like Ronnie Brown and Kevin Jones did.

Users who are viewing this thread