What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Frank Gore vs NE Patriots (1 Viewer)

Raiderfan32904

Footballguy
Anyone else nervous about this matchup? The Pats are predictably rolling again at home in December, and the 49ers could be forced to abandon the run if Brady catches fire. What if the 49ers just decide to give up like the Texans did and forgo garbage points? Does #21 sit on the sidelines in the 4th quarter? Add to that an expanding role for LaMichael James and I am considering benching him for the first time this year. James looked ran well against Miami and looks like a threat to Gore's workload. If you are benching, for who?

I don't own him but I think you would have to be nervous, especially with Brady at home in primetime and they are rolling right now. The Texans were a formidable opponent with a quality run game and they were completely shut down for the most part, so the potential is certainly there for the 49ers to be playing from behind early.

I think the better question is, what do the Niners do in the first QTR if they are down 14? Do they keep trying to play ground and pound after 3 four and outs?

I think the better question is, what do the Niners do in the first QTR if they are down 14? Do they keep trying to play ground and pound after 3 four and outs?
At that point, I'd be hoping for pass-interference in the endzone, setting SF up at the goalline.Actually, that doesn't seem so unlikely. I could the Pats deciding to mug Moss, rather than let him score in Foxboro.

Yes, very nervous. I'm considering benching him for one of Ridley/Lawfirm/LeShoure.
Ridley or Lawfirm, yes. Leshoure's diminishing role would still have me starting Gore.Nervous about it, but will probably end up starting Gore anyway, unless there's good news that Dez is a go with that broken finger. Not holding my breath on that.

Im still starting him, expecting him to get his usual 70-100 total yards and 50/50 chance for a TD. The Texans D is a shell of its former self since they lost Cushing. Taking out the game against the terrible Titans they have been shredded thru the air. I know the pats will get there points, I dont see them steam rolling the 49ers, the texans D does not compare to this squad at all.

Henne 354/4/0

Stafford 441/2/0

Brady 296/4

Harbaugh is a better coach than Kubiak. San Fran won't get blown out in the first quarter like my Texans did. I'll be starting Gore vs New England, but it is indeed a tough matchup. Just gotta hope for some chances at a rushing TD, and that Jim doesn't but in Dixon at the 1 yard line again...still mad about that!!

Harbaugh is a better coach than Kubiak. San Fran won't get blown out in the first quarter like my Texans did. I'll be starting Gore vs New England, but it is indeed a tough matchup. Just gotta hope for some chances at a rushing TD, and that Jim doesn't but in Dixon at the 1 yard line again...still mad about that!!
It wasn't Kubiak's fault the that refs gave the Pats gift flags on 3rd down stops that allowed the Pats to go up 21-0 early. The biggest question is whether you think the refs will be as biased against San Fran as they were Houston.

I wouldn't be expecting a huge game, but I think 100 all-purpose yards and a pretty decent shot at a TD is reasonable. I would not look to the Texans game as a template, it was 21-0 just barely inside the second quarter, things just went wrong upon wrong for Houston. That will not happen again. Foster also had several 10+ yard runs, some called back by penalty, but he mainly didn't produce because of the game script.

Start him as a strong RB2.

REGARDS,

THE FANTASY KING

I have Gore and Jamaal Charles. I was lucky enough to grab Alfred Morris of the WW a week before the season started. The only time Morris has played for me this season was when one of my starters was on a bye. This week I'm benching Gore for Morris.

Personally I think the 49ers saved Gore for this game. At home vs the Dolphins they expected to win, and it was semi-close for a little it was never really in question that the 49ers would win. Starting at New England under the bright lights could be a nervous spot for CK, and Gore being the veteran he is will be needed to help point things out and calm him down. I would expect the Patriots realize this and try to slow down the run, so the question will be if the Patriots d-line can play like it did last week, or can the 49ers o-line keep up its strong play. I would say Gore fits the mold as a slight risk, slight reward rb2 this week. He'll likely be back to the 20 touch range he was averaging in the 4 games prior to the Dolphins game, and he will have a chance for around 100 yards and a td. A little nervous, but a little confident too in starting him.

Users who are viewing this thread