What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Funeral director and insurance companies reporting 40% jump in younger people dying (1 Viewer)

I'm not claiming that. I'm citing that anyone who had a vaccine isn't statistically better offer than someone who hasn't.

Why are the lesser vaccinated places in the world doing better with all cause mortality increases since covid?

Should insurance companies give a covid vaccine discount when it isn't supported in their mortality calculation?
If there is no statistical difference (for sake of discussion), insurance companies should not give any discount either way.

I don't get a vaccine discount. If some companies do, I would assume they have smarter guys than I making decisions with better data.

true or not.

Fact: insurance companies have paid out more money since the C-19 vaccines were introduced.

Claim: the vaccinated are at increased risk of submitting an insurance claim for working age people
None of y'all asked him where this came from?
Looks like that article cited one insurance company (Lincoln National) as having paid out greater death benefits in 2021 than in 2020 and 2019. The only other company mentioned in the article, OneAmerica, had no reference to benefits paid:

OneAmerica CEO Scott Davison told a healthcare conference in December that death rates had risen an "unheard of" 40% in the working-age people it insures compared to pre-pandemic rates ...

Here's some further reading for the house about Davison's statements:

How the Pandemic Ripped a Hole in Working-Age America (Washington Post, 1/18/2022)

Deaths among working-age Americans were up more than 40% over the pre-pandemic norm last summer and fall, the chief executive officer of an Indiana-based insurance company said late last month. His assertion has been reverberating around social media since, inspiring a much-shared Twitter thread that attributed it to vaccine side-effects until its author (to his credit) realized he’d misunderstood the data and deleted the whole thing, and a much-mocked tweet by Republican U.S. Rep. Jim Banks that “This is a catastrophe and we need to figure out why it’s happening.”

What’s happening is, mainly, a pandemic — the toll of which is not being fully reflected in Covid-19 death numbers, as OneAmerica Financial Partners CEO J. Scott Davison explained in a Dec. 30 video news conference (it’s all on YouTube) organized by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce. “The pandemic-related deaths are much larger than what you’re seeing in the news as the official specific Covid deaths, where Covid was the proximate cause of death on the death certificate,” said Davison, who has been observing the phenomenon through the lens of his company’s life insurance business. “What we’re seeing is that people get Covid, they kind of recover, and then they die from some sort of disease mechanism that was impacted by the fact that they got Covid in the first place.”

Nothing in the link you gave approaches support for the claim that the vaccinated are at increased risk of submitting an insurance claim for working age people.

I'm not claiming that. I'm citing that anyone who had a vaccine isn't statistically better offer than someone who hasn't.

Why are the lesser vaccinated places in the world doing better with all cause mortality increases since covid?

Should insurance companies give a covid vaccine discount when it isn't supported in their mortality calculation?
If there is no statistical difference (for sake of discussion), insurance companies should not give any discount either way.

I don't get a vaccine discount. If some companies do, I would assume they have smarter guys than I making decisions with better data.
And the thing is they have those people and those people are starting to ask questions. So do you think it should be ignored or explored?

If an insurance company wants to charge me more for smoking, I get it. Its a risk based assessment. If that same company looking at payouts for vax'd vs unvax'd wants to make a risk assessment, go for it! If that risk assessment falls on the side of the vax'd, we need to really to figure this out instead of denying it.

And the thing is they have those people and those people are starting to ask questions. So do you think it should be ignored or explored?

If an insurance company wants to charge me more for smoking, I get it. Its a risk based assessment. If that same company looking at payouts for vax'd vs unvax'd wants to make a risk assessment, go for it! If that risk assessment falls on the side of the vax'd, we need to really to figure this out instead of denying it.
Of course not. I'm saying that decision should be left to actuaries and actual data, not fantasy football message boards.

true or not.

Fact: insurance companies have paid out more money since the C-19 vaccines were introduced.

Claim: the vaccinated are at increased risk of submitting an insurance claim for working age people
Looks like that article cited one insurance company (Lincoln National) as having paid out greater death benefits in 2021 than in 2020 and 2019. The only other company mentioned in the articl
true or not.

Looks like that article cited one insurance company (Lincoln National) as having paid out greater death benefits in 2021 than in 2020 and 2019. The only other company mentioned in the article, OneAmerica, had no reference to benefits paid:

OneAmerica CEO Scott Davison told a healthcare conference in December that death rates had risen an "unheard of" 40% in the working-age people it insures compared to pre-pandemic rates ...

How the Pandemic Ripped a Hole in Working-Age America (Washington Post, 1/18/2022)

Deaths among working-age Americans were up more than 40% over the pre-pandemic norm last summer and fall, the chief executive officer of an Indiana-based insurance company said late last month. His assertion has been reverberating around social media since, inspiring a much-shared Twitter thread that attributed it to vaccine side-effects until its author (to his credit) realized he’d misunderstood the data and deleted the whole thing, and a much-mocked tweet by Republican U.S. Rep. Jim Banks that “This is a catastrophe and we need to figure out why it’s happening.”

What’s happening is, mainly, a pandemic — the toll of which is not being fully reflected in Covid-19 death numbers, as OneAmerica Financial Partners CEO J. Scott Davison explained in a Dec. 30 video news conference (it’s all on YouTube) organized by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce. “The pandemic-related deaths are much larger than what you’re seeing in the news as the official specific Covid deaths, where Covid was the proximate cause of death on the death certificate,” said Davison, who has been observing the phenomenon through the lens of his company’s life insurance business. “What we’re seeing is that people get Covid, they kind of recover, and then they die from some sort of disease mechanism that was impacted by the fact that they got Covid in the first place.”

Nothing in the link you gave approaches support for the claim that the vaccinated are at increased risk of submitting an insurance claim for working age people.

e, OneAmerica, had no reference to benefits paid:

true or not.

That's two companies saying their payouts and claims are up in the working class. I fully expect this trend to continue. These insurance claims are up in more of the heavily vaccinated countries. Although I will acknowledge that lesser vaccinated countries tend to have lower lever of insurance coverage.

I'll keep the door open to this being long covid, but there is also no definition of long covid. Just like there is no definition of a vaccine complication. You can't have the hubris to diagnose one while excluding the other.

The claim was that the vaccinated are at an increased risk of submitting a claim. If 70% of the population is vaccinated and more of those 70% are submitting claims, it jives with the claim. The vaccine companies are the ones who claimed taking the vaccine reduces mortality risk and right now the insurance companies aren't seeing it.

Of course not. I'm saying that decision should be left to actuaries and actual data, not fantasy football message boards.
I'll bump this thread when the MSM reports it.

true or not.

Looks like that article cited one insurance company (Lincoln National) as having paid out greater death benefits in 2021 than in 2020 and 2019. The only other company mentioned in the articl
true or not.

true or not.

That's two companies saying their payouts and claims are up in the working class. I fully expect this trend to continue. These insurance claims are up in more of the heavily vaccinated countries. Although I will acknowledge that lesser vaccinated countries tend to have lower lever of insurance coverage.

I'll keep the door open to this being long covid, but there is also no definition of long covid. Just like there is no definition of a vaccine complication. You can't have the hubris to diagnose one while excluding the other.

The claim was that the vaccinated are at an increased risk of submitting a claim. If 70% of the population is vaccinated and more of those 70% are submitting claims, it jives with the claim. The vaccine companies are the ones who claimed taking the vaccine reduces mortality risk and right now the insurance companies aren't seeing it.

One piece of information needed is the vax v. unvax rate of policy holders in general (not just dead policy holders). Is this available from any of the sources you are quoting?

true or not.

true or not.

true or not.

One piece of information needed is the vax v. unvax rate of policy holders in general (not just dead policy holders). Is this available from any of the sources you are quoting?

There are a number of comparative stats to glean. One complicating factor is that TPTB keep redefining "unvaccinated." The main stat I want to see is strict comparison of those who took zero Covid shots vs. all those who took one or more, at any time. I'd also like to see breakdowns of the group that took shots based how many were taken; when they were taken; and along mRNA vs. DNA vector vs. Novavax shots taken.

true or not.

true or not.

true or not.

This was a good listen that might frame better what I haven't done a good job at.

The all cause mortality is up which is a cause for concern. Insurance companies need to figure out what is causing increased deaths in the working class.

The Dr in that video (Not Malone) breaks it out in the sense that we have widely available data that shows something is not right on a macro level. This data on his opinion corresponds to vaccine rollout. It isnt proof the vaccines are causing mortality rates to climb, but his repeated requests for more granular data goes ignored. He coted his sources towards the back third of the video

The problem is that deaths are not a stat that can be massaged. National level stats are used to identify emerging problems and they claim to have seen issues. People refusing to acknowledge the increase are doing everyone a disservice. It might not be the vaccines, but it's a working theory and one no one seems to want to disprove with data, only the media saying it isnt happening.

This was a good listen ...

Dr. Robert Malone is DQed for me. And again ... an online video.
You should watch the video. Dr. Malone discusses his views on censorship as well.

You should also try to refute their points instead of dismissing everything because you dont like the source.

The MSM, CDC, FDA and science haven't been crushing it in the accuracy department lately. Maybe approach this with an open mind.

This was a good listen that might frame better what I haven't done a good job at.

The all cause mortality is up which is a cause for concern. Insurance companies need to figure out what is causing increased deaths in the working class.

The Dr in that video (Not Malone) breaks it out in the sense that we have widely available data that shows something is not right on a macro level. This data on his opinion corresponds to vaccine rollout. It isnt proof the vaccines are causing mortality rates to climb, but his repeated requests for more granular data goes ignored. He coted his sources towards the back third of the video

The problem is that deaths are not a stat that can be massaged. National level stats are used to identify emerging problems and they claim to have seen issues. People refusing to acknowledge the increase are doing everyone a disservice. It might not be the vaccines, but it's a working theory and one no one seems to want to disprove with data, only the media saying it isnt happening.

Definitely worth looking into. It could also be as simple as more people get boosters when Covid spikes and they see people around them impacted. When the infections spike, the deaths usually follow 1-2 weeks later.

We know what's happening. Simple. But we can't get the (granular) data. So that leaves us with a correlation, with an observation. But I think, by now, it's getting so strong that at least, if you talk about precautionary measures- that's the way they sold the vaccines, actually, they sold them as precautionary measures. So to keep us safe. Then I would say, I use the same argument now. If I see these correlations, although I cannot prove causality at the moment, from a precautionary measure, you should say let's stop this.

Just to be clear, "data" says there are more unexplained deaths over the past few years than normal. And, without any evidence whatsoever, people are attributing that to vaccines rather than, I don't know, a novel virus that we know causes death, long symptoms, and permanent organ damage to the heart and lungs, among other things? It's amazing what people will believe if it's on YouTube.

Just to be clear, "data" says there are more unexplained deaths over the past few years than normal. And, without any evidence whatsoever, people are attributing that to vaccines rather than, I don't know, a novel virus that we know causes death, long symptoms, and permanent organ damage to the heart and lungs, among other things? It's amazing what people will believe if it's on YouTube.

Many predicted that Covid vax deaths would be blamed on Covid itself (Long Covid in your case).

Who knows what is true, but you're making a similar baseless conclusion as the one you are complaining about.

Swing and a miss.

Many predicted that Covid vax deaths would be blamed on Covid itself (Long Covid in your case).

Who knows what is true, but you're making a similar baseless conclusion as the one you are complaining about.
They aren't being recorded as covid deaths and I'm even open to the long covid theory to explain some of it. The bottom line is that we're just kind of ignoring it.

They aren't being recorded as covid deaths and I'm even open to the long covid theory to explain some of it. The bottom line is that we're just kind of ignoring it.

I am open to the Long Covid explanation as well. I just want some definitive guidance. It's weird that this situation isn't getting more press.

I suspect that perhaps the vaxxes have weakened some people's immune systems. I suspect that certain folks have been more susceptible to such weakening for TBD reasons (vax batch, genetics, underlying medical conditions, hitting blood vessels at injection - among my suspected culprits).

Or maybe it's Long Covid. Or exploding fentanyl use. Or Covid politics derangement syndrome. I dunno, but a 40% increase in death rate is beyond alarming. We shut down our entire society for (much) less just two years ago. Curious to see if this trend ebbs or accelerates with more time.

Don’t forget “we’ve already debunked this”. Because at least for the life insurance CEO, we have.
@Terminalxylem , might need to break out this can once again.

You haven't debunked squat related to the 40% increase in non-Covid mortality rates. I wish you would. I wish you could. With the info we have thus far, you can't. Time (and space) will tell, but anecdotally and top-down, we're seeing a weird and wide spike of deteriorating health and some of us are and will continue to be fairly concerned until we get some definitive answers, which don't at all seem immediately forthcoming - in great part due to the ridiculous and shameful politicking of it all.

That article uses a lot of words, but materially debunks nothing.

Here's another concerning insurance anecdote from June... https://crossroadsreport.substack.com/p/breaking-fifth-largest-life-insurance
The annual statements for Lincoln National Life Insurance Company show that the company paid out in death benefits under group life insurance polices a little over $500 million in 2019, about $548 million in 2020, and a stunning $1.4 billion in 2021 ... From 2019, the last normal year before the pandemic, to 2020, the year of the Covid-19 virus, there was an increase in group death benefits paid out of only 9 percent. But group death benefits in 2021 ... increased almost 164 percent over 2020.
Lincoln National is the fifth-largest life insurance company in the United States, according to BankRate, after New York Life, Northwestern Mutual, MetLife and Prudential.
So far, Lincoln National shows the sharpest increases in death benefits paid out in 2021, though Prudential and Northwestern Mutual also show significant increases — increases much larger in 2021 than in 2020
“This change was driven by non-pandemic-related morbidity [emphasis added], including unusual claims adjustments [emphasis added], and less favorable returns within the company’s alternative investment portfolio.”

Morbidity, of course, means disease. A lot of people are sick.

This matches what I was told by OneAmerica in January in emails following the publication of my story in The Center Square — that it was not only deaths of working-age people that shot up to unheard-of levels in 2021, but also short- and long-term disability claims.

Latest quarterly financials for the industry should be released here in the next couple months. Will be curious to compare and contrast once the most recent data arrives.

Users who are viewing this thread