What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gabby Petito, 22, missing (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@BrianEntin: Just in from police: Our search of the Carlton and nearby lands has concluded for the evening. Nothing of note. The current plan is to return Wednesday with a similar operation.

The shape of the ears are not the same. Dude on the trail cam pic has a smaller, more pointy ear than Brian. All these poor early 20s balding white dudes need to be on high alert because at any point someone could accuse them of being Brian Laundrie.

:lmao:   :lmao:
When i lived in a college town, there was a serial rapist/assaulter in the area. They put all these posters up with police sketches from the victims. White dude, average height, average build, dark eyes, dark hair, goatee and a shaved head. I happened to shave my head at the time and had a goatee, so I looked uncomfortably similar to the pictures. At first, my friends starting goofing on me about it.

But, it got to the point where I would have people following me out in public, writing down my license plate number, and shadowing me in stores while trying to surreptitiously call the po-po. WHen I noticed people giving me the side-eye, I'd just shrug and say "I know, I look like that guy, but I am not him." I actually went to the police station and registered with them as "not the guy" and gave them all my info.

I grew my hair out after that. I did keep the goatee because, without it, I looked like a fetus. 

When i lived in a college town, there was a serial rapist/assaulter in the area. They put all these posters up with police sketches from the victims. White dude, average height, average build, dark eyes, dark hair, goatee and a shaved head. I happened to shave my head at the time and had a goatee, so I looked uncomfortably similar to the pictures. At first, my friends starting goofing on me about it.

But, it got to the point where I would have people following me out in public, writing down my license plate number, and shadowing me in stores while trying to surreptitiously call the po-po. WHen I noticed people giving me the side-eye, I'd just shrug and say "I know, I look like that guy, but I am not him." I actually went to the police station and registered with them as "not the guy" and gave them all my info.

I grew my hair out after that. I did keep the goatee because, without it, I looked like a fetus. 

They did this in an episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. 

This was the opening story on our local news (Ogden, Utah) tonight.  They dedicated about 10 minutes to it.  Apparently there is a large memorial for her in town here, even though she has no connection to here other than one of her IG photos was here.  They interviewed people at the memorial.  "Gabby you are in my prayers 110%.  Although I've never met you I feel like I've known you forever".

Second story was another missing person, in Yellowstone.  Except this guy was actually from and still lives here in Ogden.  Apparently he's been missing for almost as long as Gabby (who knew, first I've heard of it).  He was an ex Navy seal and park ranger.  They found some of his stuff a few days ago and today found his brother, dead, in the park.  This got this about 90 seconds of air time.

This was the opening story on our local news (Ogden, Utah) tonight.  They dedicated about 10 minutes to it.  Apparently there is a large memorial for her in town here, even though she has no connection to here other than one of her IG photos was here.  They interviewed people at the memorial.  "Gabby you are in my prayers 110%.  Although I've never met you I feel like I've known you forever".

Second story was another missing person, in Yellowstone.  Except this guy was actually from and still lives here in Ogden.  Apparently he's been missing for almost as long as Gabby (who knew, first I've heard of it).  He was an ex Navy seal and park ranger.  They found some of his stuff a few days ago and today found his brother, dead, in the park.  This got this about 90 seconds of air time.
navy seal killed his brother and is in the wind?

I just looked up that story and they were reported overdue from a 4 day camping trip on Sept 19.  Park crews found their vacant campsite that day and found the dead body of one yesterday.  Both guys were over 65.  No report of foul play or cause of death yet.  

There were a number of interesting elements in the van life story.  Even in this thread many people have compared Gabby to relatives of their own.  No surprise that she is being mythologized.  The story that could rival hers would be the dead lesbian couple.  They had been complaining to their family about a creeper lurking around their camp site.  This camp site was their permanent home and they were so disturbed by the creeper that they talked about moving.  Then they were found naked and dead.

Some redditors have shared stories of seeing a creep in that same area during that time frame.  But after finding the dead couple the authorities declared that there was no threat to the general public.  Does this mean they believe it was a murder/suicide?  The couple was interesting in regards to their disparity in attractiveness.  It's been a month now without any new information or updates.  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread