What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gabby Petito, 22, missing (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The shape of the ears are not the same. Dude on the trail cam pic has a smaller, more pointy ear than Brian. All these poor early 20s balding white dudes need to be on high alert because at any point someone could accuse them of being Brian Laundrie.

:lmao:   :lmao:

Ears are like fingerprints.

I love how people think he's just walking around and/or hitchhiking to wherever he might be going. 

He's managed to avoid being found, yet he's just gonna strap on a backpack and hit the bricks with no disguise or anything.

Riiiiight 

Well he did have a 3 day head start before law enforcement was notified so IMO he could have walked/hitchhiked his way out of state.

Missing White Woman Syndrome a top trending topic on Twitter.  I was told earlier that a missing person case will always draw more attention than an unsolved murder case.  But Gabby was NOT the only missing person in this country.  According to the FBI’s National Crime Information Center (NCIC) Missing Person File, there are 89,637 active missing person records.  

I'm hoping somebody smarter than me can explain our fascination with this one missing and now dead person vs the thousands of active missing persons that get zero national attention.  
Personally, I think the intrigue of the boyfriend returning home with the van but without her, coupled with the youtube video got the attention of the reddit crowd.  Then the cop bodycam footage kicked the interest level up to notches unknown.

Plus she was an attractive young lady.

The vanlifer YouTube thing has a lot of appeal.  It's not some random 7/8 blonde 22yo.   Not sure why that's so hard to fathom it would get media.   There's a lot of content out there for the media to have as bumper video while covering the story.  That helps.  

Well he did have a 3 day head start before law enforcement was notified so IMO he could have walked/hitchhiked his way out of state.
There’s a lot of places to hide even just in Florida. Once anyone heads inland from the coast, they can disappear easily. Not even in a state park, just down a country road that sees cars once every 2 days, even staying in a small town can keep them anonymous.

I don't see how he could have walked or hitchhiked anywhere, especially here in Florida where his pic has been plastered all over every media outlet nonstop...someone is helping him or hiding him IMO. No way is he just walking from town to town with a backpack like Bruce Banner.

General Malaise said:
So if Shuke or I go missing, our YouTube competitive eating videos will come in handy in captivating headlines?   Or would it help if we were 22 year old hot blondes?  
the latter.  

however!  can we get the reddit nerds to solve the shukie coconut riddle.  tia

I don't see how he could have walked or hitchhiked anywhere, especially here in Florida where his pic has been plastered all over every media outlet nonstop...someone is helping him or hiding him IMO. No way is he just walking from town to town with a backpack like Bruce Banner.
Correct, based on the way this tread has gone he is walking from town to town like John Rambo.  Better hope he doesn't run into a small town sheriff who triggers some flashbacks.

I don't see how he could have walked or hitchhiked anywhere, especially here in Florida where his pic has been plastered all over every media outlet nonstop ...
Granted, this was over 40 years ago:

One of the things that made it harder to catch Ted Bundy than it might have been was that he looked nondescript. Verbal descriptions of Bundy were typically too vague to really pin down on anyone (say, asking someone to remember people in a bar the previous night).

Might be my own biases at work ... but in 2021, does Brian Laundrie kind of have the same dime-a-dozen look? Not that he resembles Bundy, but rather that there are a lot of kinda-like Brian Laundries walking around these days?

Reading this thread I’m starting to wonder if people realize Florida is rather developed. 

No way he could have got that far….in Florida?!??!!

We’re not all driving around in airboats and singing songs to our alligator friends out in the swampland. 

Reading this thread I’m starting to wonder if people realize Florida is rather developed. 

We’re not all driving around in airboats and singing songs to our alligator friends out in the swampland. 

parts are overdeveloped, but large swaths of the interior and the panhandle are extremely rural. Going from Jax to Tampa, I often took the backroads thru Keystone Heights, Melrose, Citra, Bushnell etc

That’s just the interior of the state

He'd be better walking into a city than walking around rural areas. A stranger raises the hackles of them normally laid-back country folk.

You totally missed what I was saying. The last time anybody knew where he was is last Tuesday. The media was nothing like it is now. Police didn't know he was gone until Friday. He wasn't wanted then. Hell, the local yokels didn't tail him.

Yes, between walking and hitchhiking,  I think he could have easily left the state LAST WEEK. 

I still say he left that car to be found as a diversion and he is at least a couple hundred miles away.

Sure, now he's laying low in some small town in BFE or camping in some state park in a diff state.

He had a solid 72 hour head start where there was no body found yet and no APB out on him. 

Now back to your chortling and knee slapping hijinks.

Might be my own biases at work ... but in 2021, does Brian Laundrie kind of have the same dime-a-dozen look? Not that he resembles Bundy, but rather that there are a lot of kinda-like Brian Laundries walking around these days?

Well we might have the second false Brian Laundrie sighting in a week.

Granted, this was over 40 years ago:

One of the things that made it harder to catch Ted Bundy than it might have been was that he looked nondescript. Verbal descriptions of Bundy were typically too vague to really pin down on anyone (say, asking someone to remember people in a bar the previous night).

I just saw him sitting on a park bench on the Lower East Side of NYC.

You totally missed what I was saying. The last time anybody knew where he was is last Tuesday. The media was nothing like it is now. Police didn't know he was gone until Friday. He wasn't wanted then. Hell, the local yokels didn't tail him.

Yes, between walking and hitchhiking,  I think he could have easily left the state LAST WEEK. 

I still say he left that car to be found as a diversion and he is at least a couple hundred miles away.

Sure, now he's laying low in some small town in BFE or camping in some state park in a diff state.

He had a solid 72 hour head start where there was no body found yet and no APB out on him. 

Now back to your chortling and knee slapping hijinks.

I suppose since everyone thought he was at his parents house all last week and nobody was actively looking for him until Friday, it's possible he walked or hitchhiked, but I still think he has or had help from someone in order to get away from the North Port area. I highly doubt he is in any of the places where law enforcement is searching for him, he definitely threw them off with the old "I'll leave my car here and be long gone by the time they find it" trick.

Did I miss here the update about him maybe getting spotted on a game cam?

Yeah the Zapruder film had a higher resolution. Kinda looked like him but not close enough. Okaloosa Fl county sherriffs say they don't see him.

@BrianEntin: The Okaloosa County Sheriff says they did an extensive search that took place in the area this picture was taken -- including a search by drone. They say no one -- and nothing of note -- was located. No connected to Brian Laundrie in this area, they say. https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1440397978762579974/photo/1

I suppose since everyone thought he was at his parents house all last week and nobody was actively looking for him until Friday, it's possible he walked or hitchhiked, but I still think he has or had help from someone in order to get away from the North Port area. I highly doubt he is in any of the places where law enforcement is searching for him, he definitely threw them off with the old "I'll leave my car here and be long gone by the time they find it" trick.

I mean this is a semi-likely scenario, but this requires a 2nd car or help in order to ditch one, to go onwards to bunk in with Capella on his swamp or whatever.  Both of which seem beyond his ability or resources.  

I mean this is a semi-likely scenario, but this requires a 2nd car or help in order to ditch one, to go onwards to bunk in with Capella on his swamp or whatever.  Both of which seem beyond his ability or resources.  

it's 5.6 miles from the entrance of the reserve to a gas station next to I75. Does he get a ride from the reserve from a stranger to the gas station? possibly could walk but that's a long time out in the open.

FBI Denver

@FBIDenver

Teton County Coroner Dr. Brent Blue confirmed the remains are those of Gabrielle Venora Petito, date of birth March 19, 1999. Coroner Blue’s initial determination for the manner of death is homicide. The cause of death remains pending final autopsy results.

FBI Denver

@FBIDenver

Teton County Coroner Dr. Brent Blue confirmed the remains are those of Gabrielle Venora Petito, date of birth March 19, 1999. Coroner Blue’s initial determination for the manner of death is homicide. The cause of death remains pending final autopsy results.
I mean, we knew this.... but still sad to hear it officially. :(

@landin13342352: REPOST: While we're watching Gabby Petito’s case unfold, please take five seconds to read about Daniel Robinson, a geologist who went missing in the desert outside Buckeye three months ago. His father is still looking for him. #BrianLaundrie #gabbypetitio https://twitter.com/landin13342352/status/1440111486718943233/photo/1

Also that jogger/father United Airlines executive near Chicago, Jake Cefolia? Still missing and highly mysterious- my news feed gets a blast every couple months when the investigators pump the media to keep things percolating.

plus too many more who's disappearances somehow don't get the clicks

Maybe we should see how he reacts trying to change a tire in a thunderstorm.

Yeah the Zapruder film had a higher resolution. Kinda looked like him but not close enough. Okaloosa Fl county sherriffs say they don't see him.

@BrianEntin: The Okaloosa County Sheriff says they did an extensive search that took place in the area this picture was taken -- including a search by drone. They say no one -- and nothing of note -- was located. No connected to Brian Laundrie in this area, they say. https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1440397978762579974/photo/1
If that game camera pic is actually him, he was less than 20 miles from my hunting camp.

Fat guys and Walmarts, as far as the eye can see.

If that game camera pic is actually him, he was less than 20 miles from my hunting camp.

The thing that bothers me the most about this story is that she was just 9 months older than my granddaughter.  At the first sign that a person shows violence toward another there is that potential for something like this to happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread