What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Galarraga perfect thru 8 for the Tigers (1 Viewer)

Nice. Perfect through 8. Thanks to the ESPN choadwads tonight for not only showing a game that doesn't involve the Yanks, Phils or Sox, but for showing this as well.

:goodposting: Is there ever one of these without a catch like that?

Props to the announcer for cumming on himself and still being composed enough to call the next strike.

I'm disgusted that just happened. Historically awful call right there. I mean even if he WAS safe, you bang him when it's that bang-bang. But the fact that he was OUT?!? Oh my god, Jim Joyce...you are a disgrace.

He knew it. He knew it as soon as he ####ed it up. That's why he let Miggy rip him for the rest of the inning, and some props to him for letting that go

the pitcher beat him to the bag, but on the second replay it appeared he may have bobbled the ball in his glove

He knew it. He knew it as soon as he ####ed it up. That's why he let Miggy rip him for the rest of the inning, and some props to him for letting that go
How does the home plate ump not conference it and give him a chance to correct?

No excuse for blowing that call. It was too close anyways. Give the guy throwing a historic game the benefit. ####ing ridiculous.

I'm disgusted that just happened. Historically awful call right there. I mean even if he WAS safe, you bang him when it's that bang-bang. But the fact that he was OUT?!? Oh my god, Jim Joyce...you are a disgrace.
I'm in shock.... Hate to be Joyce. He hears this till he dies.

I'm in shock.... Hate to be Joyce. He hears this till he dies.
Yup. Shame on him not giving the kid the benefit of the doubt on a bang-bang. You know he feels wretched, but...just...wow.

it looked like he was gonna call him out then changed his mind. maybe it was the bobble
Bobble isn't the right word though. It was a snow cone and then he simply opened the glove enough to fall in after he thought the play was complete. Ball was in his control the whole time and the movement of the ball was because he opened his glove, not because it was loose.

Joyce = this generation's Don Denkinger

Not that he should shoulder some of the blame, but Cabrera seemed to be a bit nonchalant on the play and could have made it a cleaner out. Looked like Galarraga was over there in time.

ETA: beaten to it on the Denkinger reference

Last edited by a moderator:
What a disgrace of a call. :lmao:

Good for Cabrera to keep jawing at him through the whole next at bat. Ridiculous.

Galarraga could have been one of just a few pitchers in major league history to pitch a perfect game, and he was robbed.

I mean I think you have to call the runner out there short of the pitcher just dropping the ball. Even if it is a tie or he skims the bag like a a SS on a double, I think you just call him out and give the kid the perfect game. Don't know what Joyce was thinking there.

I mean I think you have to call the runner out there short of the pitcher just dropping the ball. Even if it is a tie or he skims the bag like a a SS on a double, I think you just call him out and give the kid the perfect game. Don't know what Joyce was thinking there.
:lmao: Tie goes to the runner 100% of the time, perfect game or not.

:no: Tie goes to the runner 100% of the time, perfect game or not.
:lmao: I do agree with this. If it was a tie, Joyce should make the safe call. But he was clearly out.

Poor Galaragga. Goes from a perfect game to a 1 hitter, all because of a blown call.

Looking at it again, why did Cabrera not let the 2B handle it? It would've been a routine play and the game's over.

Users who are viewing this thread