What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W11 - Dallas V Washington (1 Viewer)

Need one more first down. I really don't want to see the Redskin O with that ####er Moss on the field at all.

Damn, we are going to get to see one minute of Dallas play prevent defense.

I'm already sick to my stomach.

EDIT: I like this call.

Last edited by a moderator:
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

And then damn Wade with the failed high-five.

Way to hang in there and gut it out Cowboys. We had our chances and didnt take em but you got better as the game went on.

Now we are both 6-4 and need to fight for a wildcard spot.

Good game by the Cowboys....great running by Barber to finish it out. I hope they keep Wade though, with a no nonsense coach the Cowboys could be unstoppable with that roster.

Well ####, I just woke up the baby.

Guess I don't get to celebrate with Mrs. Bogart Jedi/Jessica style tonight after all.

Horse Trailer Player of the Game should have been Newman. Moss has killed the Cowboys since he has been a Redskin and Newman did a fantastic job covering him tonight.

I'm really encouraged by the performance those guys turned in tonight when their back was up against the wall. We need 8-9 more in a row like this one.

No big surprise IMO. I figured Dallas would win. Not very happy with the performance though overall. Dallas still had the penalties and mistakes that if they were playing a top team they would have not been able to overcome. Although @ Washington is a huge win no matter what went on. Tony was rusty and that was to be expected he will only get better. The O-Line really picked it up. T-New was a big time up lift to the defense. The defense still had a hard time getting off the field. They make to many mental mistakes. This game was way to close and they should have won it by double digits. The Cowboys did it when it mattered and put the ball down the throat of Washington. Maybe this can spring board this team and get on a roll cause all that happen in the at the start of the season means ZERO. Now lets see if they can be one of the big boys in the second half THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS. So all the BS that Dallas had to go through remains BS and maybe we as Dallas fans needed that so it will make it that much sweater in the end.

Dallas won the battles on both lines of scrimmage in that game and they deserved to win. Congrats to the Cowboy fans.

Well, I'm finally back in here and I wanted to offer congrats to the Cowboys and their fans. All I have to say as a 'Skins fan is :sarcasm: That was not a good effort, and they looked flat and uninspired for pretty much the entire game.

Where to begin?

The Cowboys' line play dominated the 'Skins line play on both sides of the ball. We all know that the 'Skins can't rush the passer, but Rabach and the entire right side of the 'Skins o-line looked flat out awful. They don't have it anymore. I'm particularly shocked at how much Randy Thomas has fallen off. It's time for major changes, and with Kendall supposedly one of the still-good ones at 35 years old, how much longer can he stay in that lineup?

Tony Romo, even though he clearly was not 100% physically comfortable with or confident in that finger and splint, still managed to look more comfortable and confident than Campbell, though the Dallas D-line had a huge say in that.

What happened to all of the creative recharging you were going to do on offense, Mr. Zorn? Two pass attempts of over 15 yards, one of which was a dart for a first down and the other was dropped by Moss who'd gotten behind Newman, and you don't try more? I know, let's throw another super tricky WR slip screen! :wall:

The 'Skins special teams played with a spark, the only unit I can say that about, but a few major mistakes that affected the game, like the debacle at the goalline on the punt, the dropped kickoff out of bounds and the chunked FG attempt.

Garrett had a much better game plan, keeping the passes simple for Romo as he gained confidence, and figuring out a way to get Barber to the second level. He was a major part of the loss in the first matchup; he was a major part of the win this time.

The 'Skins went from having an inside track to a playoff spot to having to go 4-2 the rest of the way to get there. Dallas is still at risk in that regard too, but with the Eagles tying (Yes, Donovan, tying! :lmao: ) the Bengals, I'm starting to wonder whether the NFC East will only send one team to the playoffs. The 'Skins need to turn it around in a hurry. No more kudos for being a pleasant surprise team. It's time to get down to business.

As for the Cowboys, they showed up for an important division road game and found a way to win. It wasn't pretty but it worked. They at least have some momentum and reasons to feel good right now.

Tatum Bell said:
Well, I'm finally back in here and I wanted to offer congrats to the Cowboys and their fans. All I have to say as a 'Skins fan is :lmao: That was not a good effort, and they looked flat and uninspired for pretty much the entire game.

Where to begin?

The Cowboys' line play dominated the 'Skins line play on both sides of the ball. We all know that the 'Skins can't rush the passer, but Rabach and the entire right side of the 'Skins o-line looked flat out awful. They don't have it anymore. I'm particularly shocked at how much Randy Thomas has fallen off. It's time for major changes, and with Kendall supposedly one of the still-good ones at 35 years old, how much longer can he stay in that lineup?

Tony Romo, even though he clearly was not 100% physically comfortable with or confident in that finger and splint, still managed to look more comfortable and confident than Campbell, though the Dallas D-line had a huge say in that.

What happened to all of the creative recharging you were going to do on offense, Mr. Zorn? Two pass attempts of over 15 yards, one of which was a dart for a first down and the other was dropped by Moss who'd gotten behind Newman, and you don't try more? I know, let's throw another super tricky WR slip screen! :wall:

The 'Skins special teams played with a spark, the only unit I can say that about, but a few major mistakes that affected the game, like the debacle at the goalline on the punt, the dropped kickoff out of bounds and the chunked FG attempt.

Garrett had a much better game plan, keeping the passes simple for Romo as he gained confidence, and figuring out a way to get Barber to the second level. He was a major part of the loss in the first matchup; he was a major part of the win this time.

The 'Skins went from having an inside track to a playoff spot to having to go 4-2 the rest of the way to get there. Dallas is still at risk in that regard too, but with the Eagles tying (Yes, Donovan, tying! :lmao: ) the Bengals, I'm starting to wonder whether the NFC East will only send one team to the playoffs. The 'Skins need to turn it around in a hurry. No more kudos for being a pleasant surprise team. It's time to get down to business.

As for the Cowboys, they showed up for an important division road game and found a way to win. It wasn't pretty but it worked. They at least have some momentum and reasons to feel good right now.
Stick it where the sun don't shine, bud.

Tatum Bell said:
Well, I'm finally back in here and I wanted to offer congrats to the Cowboys and their fans. All I have to say as a 'Skins fan is :wall: That was not a good effort, and they looked flat and uninspired for pretty much the entire game.

Where to begin?

The 'Skins went from having an inside track to a playoff spot to having to go 4-2 the rest of the way to get there. Dallas is still at risk in that regard too, but with the Eagles tying (Yes, Donovan, tying! :thumbup: ) the Bengals, I'm starting to wonder whether the NFC East will only send one team to the playoffs. The 'Skins need to turn it around in a hurry. No more kudos for being a pleasant surprise team. It's time to get down to business.

:wall: Classy as always.

Tatum Bell said:
Well, I'm finally back in here and I wanted to offer congrats to the Cowboys and their fans. All I have to say as a 'Skins fan is :wolf: That was not a good effort, and they looked flat and uninspired for pretty much the entire game.

Where to begin?

What happened to all of the creative recharging you were going to do on offense, Mr. Zorn? Two pass attempts of over 15 yards, one of which was a dart for a first down and the other was dropped by Moss who'd gotten behind Newman, and you don't try more? I know, let's throw another super tricky WR slip screen! :rant:

The 'Skins went from having an inside track to a playoff spot to having to go 4-2 the rest of the way to get there. Dallas is still at risk in that regard too, but with the Eagles tying (Yes, Donovan, tying! :bye: ) the Bengals, I'm starting to wonder whether the NFC East will only send one team to the playoffs. The 'Skins need to turn it around in a hurry. No more kudos for being a pleasant surprise team. It's time to get down to business.

And Cowboys fans such as myself self wonder why others hate our team so much. Anyways nice write up Tatum, I thought the Redskins were playing over there head early in the season and was expecting a regression but nothing to this magnitude.

Dallas showed a new wrinkle on defense this past week. A "46" look first played by the mid-80's Bears. Canty and Spears slid inside to cover the guards. This left Ratliff singled on the center. James lined up over the strong-side OT with Ellis flanking him over the TE. Ware is singled on the weak-side OT. Burnett is the MLB because he's the fastest LB and is now covered up and free to roam. The strong safety walks up to help form a 6-2 look. Hamlin stays high at deep safety.

This set placed major pressure on the Skins. The way to beat it is with quick passes. Having a healthy Newman, coupled with rookies well versed in press coverage with Jenkins and Scandrick, allowed Dallas to run this set effectively. This set was used 8 times against Washington. Only once, when Henry was playing CB and he came up limping on this play, did Washington have any success against it.

It allowed Dallas to gain 1:1 matchups for Ware and Ratliff. There's a reason those two guys each got 2 sacks apiece. They schemed them into good matchups, and played the type of coverage behind them to allow the pressure to get there before the ball came out.

Welcome to Wade's World. This is exactly the type of defense we thought we were getting when he came aboard.

Users who are viewing this thread