What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W14 - New Orleans v Dallas (1 Viewer)

LMAO, penalty will leave them 3 inches short
The first down marker was on the other side of the yard stripe. That's why he could say that without a measurement.Cross the line - measure. Don't cross, no need. That's why you don't measure at the 30 and an inch line after a touchback - they only have to break the 30.

As a long time Saints fan, I'm extremely worried about waking up tommorrow. Either this is a dream or hell is freezing over.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brees is the first player in the history of the Cowboys organization to throw for 5 TDs against them in Dallas.And it's not even the 4th quarter yet.Any other season he'd be MVP, but Tomlinson's got to get it, right?
13 quarters to go......doesn't he still have a shot at 5000 yards?

Brees is the first player in the history of the Cowboys organization to throw for 5 TDs against them in Dallas.And it's not even the 4th quarter yet.Any other season he'd be MVP, but Tomlinson's got to get it, right?
An unbelievable situation -- how can you possibly pick between these two guys?Co-MVP's would be just fine with me.

The first down marker was on the other side of the yard stripe. That's why he could say that without a measurement.Cross the line - measure. Don't cross, no need. That's why you don't measure at the 30 and an inch line after a touchback - they only have to break the 30.
good catch, I didn't notice that detail :bag: ...I've just never seen that kind of judgement call before that I can recall

TannerBoyle said:
TannerBoyle said:
these refs are tools...
Yes, they should just let those calls go. What's a couple of guys on the line moving before the snap.
not the call itself, the way they are explaining them..I may have missed the measurement, but how did he figure they were 3 inches short?
ok
They should have measured. If its inside a foot he shouldn't know for sure, especially 3 inches? I'll leave the 3 inch jokes to someone else.

:lmao:
Dont laaugh - he'll be over 400 yards in this game. Who is to say he can't do that 2x more?
I misread. I thought you said the 4th quarter to go. :lmao:

Iv'e noticed that Colsten has been in and out of the lineup.. Are they limiting him a bit....I see him in fo rlike 2 plays then out for the next..

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely. He's averaging over 300 yards/game this year. He'd get very close to 5000 just playing the way he has been. And if he's just now getting hot, getting into real game shape after surgery recovery, he's got a real chance. It'd be completely insane to have the TD record get completely smashed and have Marino's yardage record go down in the same year.

I'm actually rather unimpressed with both of these teams tonite. With Dallas giving up 40+ points, it moves their defensive grade from good to questionable. For the Saints, their offense was never in question. They have strong offense. The question mark with the Saints has been their defense. They really don't shut teams down enough. They give up too many points. And that won't change by giving up another 17 (at least) here. The Saints stand a good chance of coming away from this game with worse defensive statistics than when they came in.

No more Drew Brees please!
Drew Brees has already killed my season, and I went into the game with a 50 point lead. :cry:
:goodposting: 17 more yards and it'll be the biggest comeback engineered by one player in our league's 10 year history. :cry:
I need a bit more for one team to complete the same thing in my main $$ league.Team started off down 111 (+Deuce) to 57 (+Brees/TO) before the game - they are now at 117 to 105. A whole quarter for TO to catch a TD and 55 yards to get that team the win.

good catch, I didn't notice that detail :bag: ...I've just never seen that kind of judgement call before that I can recall
That's ok, at least you didn't broadcast it like Al did. Now he gets to wear the :bag: "after the break".

3 inch mystery = a hash line is 3 inches wide

Ball was spotted on the Dallas side of the hash, first down marker was on the Saints side.

Absolutely. He's averaging over 300 yards/game this year. He'd get very close to 5000 just playing the way he has been. And if he's just now getting hot, getting into real game shape after surgery recovery, he's got a real chance. It'd be completely insane to have the TD record get completely smashed and have Marino's yardage record go down in the same year.
What does that say for NFL defenses? Its the no touchy the QB rule.

I'm actually rather unimpressed with both of these teams tonite. With Dallas giving up 40+ points, it moves their defensive grade from good to questionable. For the Saints, their offense was never in question. They have strong offense. The question mark with the Saints has been their defense. They really don't shut teams down enough. They give up too many points. And that won't change by giving up another 17 (at least) here. The Saints stand a good chance of coming away from this game with worse defensive statistics than when they came in.
Huh? :confused: This is a dominating performance by the Saints. Calling it anything else is simply foolish.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

They are what they are. The '99 Rams defense was pretty mediocre but you wouldn't have known it given that every opponent seemed to be trailing by 3 TD's after the 1st quarter, allowing the Rams to play defense against offenses forced to throw. The Saints aren't quite that good on offense but they do seem to follow that formula for success and they appear to be playing their best football of the year right now, and they're getting better as they go.

Iv'e noticed that Colsten has been in and out of the lineup.. Are they limiting him a bit....I see him in for like 2 plays then out for the next..

I mean this when I say that this may be the worst post in the history of Footballguys.com.

Probelm is with two wins and another Colts loss, LT sits week 17.

This almost makes as much sense as your conspiracy theories.

They are what they are. The '99 Rams defense was pretty mediocre but you wouldn't have known it given that every opponent seemed to be trailing by 3 TD's after the 1st quarter, allowing the Rams to play defense against offenses forced to throw. The Saints aren't quite that good on offense but they do seem to follow that formula for success and they appear to be playing their best football of the year right now, and they're getting better as they go.
Take away the long run and it's not a bad job by the Saints D. They are even playing prevent defense rather well.

Are they seriously talking about how mad Parcells will be at Payton? WTF? It's football, and they're worried about him feeling bad for getting his ### kicked?

Huh? :confused: This is a dominating performance by the Saints. Calling it anything else is simply foolish.
No, its a dominating offensive performance. They need to show improvement on defense and a high-scoring affair doesn't do that. They still look too soft to me.

Are they seriously talking about how mad Parcells will be at Payton? WTF? It's football, and they're worried about him feeling bad for getting his ### kicked?
BP always makes it a point not to embarrass the other team because he doesn't like when it's done to him, so i'm pretty sure he'll remember this

Probelm is with two wins and another Colts loss, LT sits week 17.
So what? He's already got the record. If he gets two more over the next two weeks, you're still talking about beating the TD record by three. That's a huge number.

No, its a dominating offensive performance. They need to show improvement on defense and a high-scoring affair doesn't do that. They still look too soft to me.
Now you've got him started. If you ignore BGPs once a game driveby, he'll go away.

After that one breakaway run to open the game, the Saintds have given up 10 points and generated key TOs.BGP, you are a unique individual.

The Saints are defensively man-handling the Cowboys in their own house.

Users who are viewing this thread