What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W5 - Arizona V St.Louis (1 Viewer)

Ok seriously...Kurt Warner = Major ApplewhiteMatt Leinart = Chris Simms
They should just keep starting Warner if they do not have the confidence to keep Leinart in. Arizona might think QBBC is cute, but they will kill any confidence Leinart has by constantly pulling him. :thumbup:

Wow, some awful play calling by the Rams. Get the ball back after the Cards td with over 3 mins left in the half, and they throw 3 straight incomplete passes. Incredibly stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say that the way leinart is holding his shoulder it doesnt look good.

He has gone to the locker room. Maybe seperated.

I have to say that the way leinart is holding his shoulder it doesnt look good.He has gone to the locker room. Maybe seperated.
Best thing that could happen to him. Sit back and watch for a while, pretty-boy. Needs some time to decide if he wants to be Carson Palmer or Charlie Sheen.

Edge ran it down to the 1, fumbled into the endzone, and an Arizona O-lineman recovered in the endzone.

Leinart collarbone doubtful to return.

Sorry I wasn't paying great attention on the Edge situation. I'm not even certain James was credited with the TD or the O-lineman that recovered the fumble about 7 yards in the endzone. I'm sure someone else is watching (and was paying better attention. I do know the announcers were confused as well. My guess is Edge got the TD, though it did look like he was short of the EZ.....it didn't look like a fumble)

Edit: If the Gamecast is showing the O-lineman with the TD, makes sense as well.

I have Holt with 1 target in the first half? What's up? Is Gus just not looking for him, is he playing?

Wow they run with Edge with no TO's left....time expires.

Then a boneheaded play by the Rams Defender. Kicked ball and flag is thrown. One untimed down. Moronic play.

Warner with a sneak for TD on the untimed down. Bad clock management by AZ running the ball with 10 seconds and no TO's....

But a boneheaded play (ram defender kicked ball to kill time) gives them an untimed down. (The clock would of ran out otherwise)

I thought Edge would of got credited with the TD. (I thought you couldn't advance the ball on a fumble)

To me, he was short of the goalline. But if someone was credited with the TD....it would of been James (because the Cards O-lineman recovered 7-8 yards into the EZ).

If I see anything on it, I'll post. I wasn't really paying attention to it other than they ruled it a TD. Announcers are really hard to listen to in this game. (they were confused with the ruling as well)

Note: my understanding of advancement of the ball with a fumble could be incorrect, but I thought you couldn't advance on a fumble. It's always brought back to the spot of the fumble (that's my reasoning for believing if anyone is credited with the TD, it'd be Edge.)

I thought Edge would of got credited with the TD. (I thought you couldn't advance the ball on a fumble)To me, he was short of the goalline. But if someone was credited with the TD....it would of been James (because the Cards O-lineman recovered 7-8 yards into the EZ). If I see anything on it, I'll post. I wasn't really paying attention to it other than they ruled it a TD. Announcers are really hard to listen to in this game. (they were confused with the ruling as well)Note: my understanding of advancement of the ball with a fumble could be incorrect, but I thought you couldn't advance on a fumble. It's always brought back to the spot of the fumble (that's my reasoning for believing if anyone is credited with the TD, it'd be Edge.)
I believe a fumble can be advanced as long as it's not the last 2 minutes or not 4th down. So in this case the fumble can be advanced.But how in holy hell does Edge get a TD on that? He was clearly down and short before the ball comes out.

Yahoo had Edge with the TD. Now it says this:

Edgerrin James rushed to the right for 5 yard gain. Edgerrin James fumbled. Reggie Wells recovered fumble (Neil Rackers made PAT)

Yahoo had Edge with the TD. Now it says this:Edgerrin James rushed to the right for 5 yard gain. Edgerrin James fumbled. Reggie Wells recovered fumble (Neil Rackers made PAT)
Yeah, Fanball erased it again now. So twice it's been an Edge score. Twice it has not.

He's not looking as good as he has the past 2 weeks (he's missed a # of throws today), but he's still moving this offense better than Leinart has all year.

Hard to pick on him however. He simply looked vintage STL heyday the 2 prior weeks. He couldn't of performed any better.

This game is somewhat disturbing. St Louis is finally in a position to win a game, they have a RB who is averaging 7 ypc and what are they doing? THROWING THE BALL??????????? EVERY DOWN?????????????? WITH FREROTTE ???????????? NICE 3 AND OUT ST. LOUIS, WAY TO BURN 11 SECONDS OFF THE CLOCK.

No wonder they are the worst team in football

Users who are viewing this thread