What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GB @ CHI (1 Viewer)

The wind is absolutely HOWLING in the suburbs, making it feel very cold. It has been all night. An awful day to be at or play in the game.

Don't want to be too scary, but I saw a tree snapped off up the street when I took the dog out. It's nice and sunny but very windy. I've never thrown a pass with Brett Favre's arm so I can't say how much this will affect things -- I've seen it worse conditions. It would definitely affect your golf game. It's 20F colder than yesterday and the snow is television snow -- you can see it falling through the air but it's not going to accumulate. It's ten-to-nine central.

The wind is absolutely HOWLING in the suburbs, making it feel very cold. It has been all night. An awful day to be at or play in the game.
Green Bay has about 1/2 inch of snow, if that, but the wind up here is gusty... has to be at least ~30 mph. I cannot imagine what it is like in Chicago as they are in the heart of the storm. Bench Favre me thinks... if the game was in Green Bay I would do that.

Green Bay has about 1/2 inch of snow, if that, but the wind up here is gusty... has to be at least ~30 mph. I cannot imagine what it is like in Chicago as they are in the heart of the storm. Bench Favre me thinks... if the game was in Green Bay I would do that.
English please.Are you saying you'd bench him in Green Bay or Chicago?

Both

Both
NO. Don't do that at all. I seem to remember a Monday Night game played at Soldier Field a few years ago where the weather conditions were vile. Something about the snow blowing sideways. Favre threw for 4 td's that night I think.

Both
NO. Don't do that at all. I seem to remember a Monday Night game played at Soldier Field a few years ago where the weather conditions were vile. Something about the snow blowing sideways. Favre threw for 4 td's that night I think.
I don't have him, the other owner does and he had/has Big Ben on the bench and no choice but to start Farve. I just needed some clarificaton as to what CE was saying.By the way, I'm hoping CE is right.

Don't know why everyone is so worried about the weather unless you are thinking kickers. The Packers will use those slant routes and underneath screens all day. Yes it's hard to play offense in these conditions, but it's also hard to cover as well.

I'd expect Favre to reach 250 yds today and Grant to rush for 80 and catch 60.

How are you guys feeling about the GB D? Do you like them better than Seattle? They are both playing against 3rd string qb's. The weather is bad in both places.

How are you guys feeling about the GB D? Do you like them better than Seattle? They are both playing against 3rd string qb's. The weather is bad in both places.
If I had the choice between GB and SEA today I'd take GB. As it is, I'm playing SEA becuase I don't have that choice.

Paddy O said:
Don't want to be too scary, but I saw a tree snapped off up the street when I took the dog out. It's nice and sunny but very windy. I've never thrown a pass with Brett Favre's arm so I can't say how much this will affect things -- I've seen it worse conditions. It would definitely affect your golf game. It's 20F colder than yesterday and the snow is television snow -- you can see it falling through the air but it's not going to accumulate. It's ten-to-nine central.
The wind is coming horizontal to the field. Hopefully it won't be swirling. A few trees have been blown down down there.

If I had the choice between GB and SEA today I'd take GB. As it is, I'm playing SEA becuase I don't have that choice.
I view them pretty evenly, and SEA is at home which makes me favor them a little. Miami has 4 sacks vs. Balt last week.

OK I dont know anymore- Fences are blown down everywhere around here and I have seen a few stray dogs ( I HOPE THEY FIND IT HOME) because of fences blowing down.

I am going to have to bench Favre I think.

I wish I were on the field and knew how the weather was.

PACKER 7 said:
Don't know why everyone is so worried about the weather unless you are thinking kickers. The Packers will use those slant routes and underneath screens all day. Yes it's hard to play offense in these conditions, but it's also hard to cover as well.I'd expect Favre to reach 250 yds today and Grant to rush for 80 and catch 60.
I am worried about Crosby. Think I should grab K. Brown or Suisham? Both those guys are kicking in domes

Last edited by a moderator:
PACKER 7 said:
Don't know why everyone is so worried about the weather unless you are thinking kickers. The Packers will use those slant routes and underneath screens all day. Yes it's hard to play offense in these conditions, but it's also hard to cover as well.I'd expect Favre to reach 250 yds today and Grant to rush for 80 and catch 60.
You think Grant's catches will go up today?

Packer radio said the conditions are terrible. Wind will be a bigtime factor today. Definitely don't take any kickers, and I'd be hesitant to take any offensive players other than RB's imo..Production could be similar to the Pat/Jet game..

from chicagobears.com

Packers kicker Mason Crosby is warming up now. Ladies and gentlemen, the wind is going to be a major factor today. He just attempted one from about 50 yards and it absolutely died and fell short. Teams headed towards the north endzone could struggle throwing and kicking.

Just benched Favre for Palmer. Weather is not great in Cincy but it appears to be slightly less windy and quite a bit warmer.

Benching Berrian & Crosby for Northcutt & Nedney...ugh. On the plus side I have the Packer D/ST!

PACKER 7 said:
You think Grant's catches will go up today?
Yes, short dumps should be the 1st option today. I think Grant will be the major benefactor of that today.JMO.

Aikman came on and said Brett said this is the worst weather that he has ever played in, they showed a punt go about 20 yards

It's nice that Lance Briggs and Nate Vasher COULD play, but have decided not to...I can't say it is a bad business decision, and if the Bears are tanking, I'm all for it.

I don't have to worry about it but I would almost start Driver in this game. He plays in the WR nearest to the line, most downs, and catches the quick stuff and the middle stuff if they spread out. Might do a WR screen here or there as well.

Kickoff was high but line drive looking... hit a wall at the 15 and just dropped dead on the line. Hester did not catch it and had to hurry up to get on it.

GO BEARS !!!

踩踩  踩踩踩  踩踩踩   踩踩踩踩踩

踩 踩踩踩  踩踩踩  踩踩踩   踩踩踩踩踩踩

踩踩  踩踩   踩踩   踩踩   踩踩踩踩踩踩

踩踩                  踩踩踩

踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩

踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩

踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩

踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩

踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩

踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩

踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩踩