What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Get Your Money out of the Market (1 Viewer)

If he was wrong, the Fed would not have began QE3 just days later. They began QE3 days later because he was right. Without a new massive Fed stimulus, the market was about to tank.
So, getting all your money out and loading up on reverse index funds was the right play? Interesting.I'm no expert and never claimed to be, but it seems like being right is not really much consolation for going broke while everyone around you is getting rich.
His mistake was forgetting the fundamental tenant "Don't fight the Fed". Or he believed the Fed's tricks won't work anymore. Either way, the economy was on the brink of a disaster in September, despite how much Obama and his followers claim it is improving. At this point it's pretty obvious that the Fed's tricks are still working. And as long as they keep working, being long in the stock market is the place to be. If ever the Fed's tricks stop working, it doesn't matter where your money is. Run to your bunker.

Last edited by a moderator:
If he was wrong, the Fed would not have began QE3 just days later. They began QE3 days later because he was right. Without a new massive Fed stimulus, the market was about to tank.
So, getting all your money out and loading up on reverse index funds was the right play? Interesting.I'm no expert and never claimed to be, but it seems like being right is not really much consolation for going broke while everyone around you is getting rich.
His mistake was forgetting the fundamental tenant "Don't fight the Fed". Or he believed the Fed's tricks won't work anymore. Either way, the economy was on the brink of a disaster in September, despite how much Obama and he's followers claim it is improving. At this point it's pretty obvious that the Fed's tricks are still working. And as long as they keep working, being long in the stock market is the place to be. If ever the Fed's tricks stop working, it doesn't matter where your money is. Run to your bunker.
Oh come on, the guy was completely talking out of his ### like he always did. He has/had no concept of the things you have been talking about in this thread. This isn't the thread to have serious discussions about monetary policy, reserve currencies, and the future of our economy. Just let people make fun of him and stop defending him with arguments he wouldn't even be able to comprehend.

His mistake was forgetting the fundamental tenant "Don't fight the Fed". Or he believed the Fed's tricks won't work anymore. Either way, the economy was on the brink of a disaster in September, despite how much Obama and he's followers claim it is improving. At this point it's pretty obvious that the Fed's tricks are still working. And as long as they keep working, being long in the stock market is the place to be. If ever the Fed's tricks stop working, it doesn't matter where your money is. Run to your bunker.
Oh come on, the guy was completely talking out of his ### like he always did. He has/had no concept of the things you have been talking about in this thread. This isn't the thread to have serious discussions about monetary policy, reserve currencies, and the future of our economy. Just let people make fun of him and stop defending him with arguments he wouldn't even be able to comprehend.
I agree with that. I believe he created this thread because of what he heard, not because of what he concluded on his own.

I agree with that. I believe he created this thread because of what he heard he wanted attention, not because of what he concluded on his own.
Fixed.

Over the next four months several factors (including but not limited to Europe and the political mudslinging) are going to result in significant stock market losses IMHO. It may not happen, but I think the likelihood is much stronger than an increase.The Dow is at 12,997 right now. :blackdot:
have you gone pro gold tout? Reads like one of those ads.
Inverse Index ETFs are the sharkmove here. 3X leverage if you believe as strongly as I do.
In the 6 months since sharing this sharkmove, a couple of big Inverse Index ETFs tracking the Dow Jones (DOG) and the S&P (SH) are down over 10 percent. The DJIA is up more than 9 percent.Sharkmove!

Inverse Index ETFs are the sharkmove here. 3X leverage if you believe as strongly as I do.
In the 6 months since sharing this sharkmove, a couple of big Inverse Index ETFs tracking the Dow Jones (DOG) and the S&P (SH) are down over 10 percent. The DJIA is up more than 9 percent.Sharkmove!
It sucks that we can't all get the benefits of working with sharp financial minds, but it was generous of LHUCKS to try and share the wealth here.

It sucks that we can't all get the benefits of working with sharp financial minds, but it was generous of LHUCKS to try and share the wealth here.
I still can't figure out how Enron went broke.

I think you meant "Fortune 100 strategists".

The Marshallplan of stock marketing. "It was the right side, even though I lost". :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Well I'm happy about one thing. If you look at a chart of the Dow from 1920-1955 you notice several huge rallies that end up failing time and time again. The fact that this market took out the all time high is very bullish going forward, strictly speaking from a chart study.http://stockcharts.com/freecharts/historical/djia1900.html
Way too much importance placed on the DOW imo. They last rebalanced the components last year in September. Imagine if they had added AAPL instead of UNH. I think a better study is the SP500.

Well I'm happy about one thing. If you look at a chart of the Dow from 1920-1955 you notice several huge rallies that end up failing time and time again. The fact that this market took out the all time high is very bullish going forward, strictly speaking from a chart study.

http://stockcharts.c...l/djia1900.html
Way too much importance placed on the DOW imo. They last rebalanced the components last year in September. Imagine if they had added AAPL instead of UNH. I think a better study is the SP500.
:goodposting: Even in the stock thread I always write about the S&P and not the DOW. That said this is positive news, but I get why it's not as important as it was back in 1929.

Only problem now that "we are here" is we really need the Dow to go on and make new highs, meaning higher highs by 10% or so. Otherwise I fear the we will end up in a trench like 66-86 where we bounce between 14K and 7K. I'd much rather bounce between whatever the new high is and 14K as the new floor.

Well I'm happy about one thing. If you look at a chart of the Dow from 1920-1955 you notice several huge rallies that end up failing time and time again. The fact that this market took out the all time high is very bullish going forward, strictly speaking from a chart study.

:goodposting: Even in the stock thread I always write about the S&P and not the DOW. That said this is positive news, but I get why it's not as important as it was back in 1929.

Only problem now that "we are here" is we really need the Dow to go on and make new highs, meaning higher highs by 10% or so. Otherwise I fear the we will end up in a trench like 66-86 where we bounce between 14K and 7K. I'd much rather bounce between whatever the new high is and 14K as the new floor.
Agreed. Very heartening to hit new highs.

I'm not one for doomsday scenarios, but this seems concerning. For someone who knows very little about macroeconomics, can anyone dispute what this economist is saying in the video at the bottom of the article?

And if what this article states is in fact happening, and billionaires such as Buffett and Soros have been pulling out of stocks, what is an average investor to do, if say one has all of his or her savings in a 401k? Would it be wise to put all money in a fixed income fund?

This article aside, the market rallying to all-time highs just feels like smoke and mirrors to me. I can see a massive correction happening.

I'm not one for doomsday scenarios, but this seems concerning. For someone who knows very little about macroeconomics, can anyone dispute what this economist is saying in the video at the bottom of the article?

And if what this article states is in fact happening, and billionaires such as Buffett and Soros have been pulling out of stocks, what is an average investor to do, if say one has all of his or her savings in a 401k? Would it be wise to put all money in a fixed income fund?

This article aside, the market rallying to all-time highs just feels like smoke and mirrors to me. I can see a massive correction happening.
There is your problem, you cannot compare the two. If you see a massive correction coming then simply go to cash. Its really overkill with Beck and the others give some doomsday scenario with the market or whatever. If you feel like a dip is coming (and really how the eff could anyone predict that) then get out.

They mention specific stocks sold, not wholesale dumping of all shares. There are all sorts of reasons for selling a particular stock or sector and Buffett was on CNBC as recently as Monday talking about his love of stocks. If you are considering a fixed income fund, be aware that when interest rates rise, the value of your shares will likely decline because they will contain bonds,etc paying below market yields.

It would be wise for you not to get sucked it by these Aftershocks doom peddlers. As an average investor, the best thing you can do to have a balanced portfolio like John Bogle recomends (there is a good thread here about it). If you want to market time, the yield curve is your friend: http://www.financeecon.com/yc.html

Over the next four months several factors (including but not limited to Europe and the political mudslinging) are going to result in significant stock market losses IMHO. It may not happen, but I think the likelihood is much stronger than an increase.

The Dow is at 12,997 right now. :blackdot:

:lmao:

Took all my money out about 3-4 weeks ago because just looking at the chart of the Dow it looked like it was due to go down again for a bit. I'm feeling kind of dumb for doing it now.

Took all my money out about 3-4 weeks ago because just looking at the chart of the Dow it looked like it was due to go down again for a bit. I'm feeling kind of dumb for doing it now.
Shocked that this analysis led you astray.

Where the hell is the stock thread anyway? I was just thinking about some stuff and was going to post it and poof? Can't find it anywhere.

As for getting out of the market. That's just ####### analysis. I suppose if you are trading week to week. But I'm long on anything that I'm concerned with and I LOVE it when the market drops (like today), Because I just acquire more.

Set targets, develop a strategy and execute it. Sure, you miss some big ones or don't get the 800% if you hold and it drops.

Your account activity summary from the beginning of the calendar year is shown below. :

Personal Rate of Return from 01/01/2013 to 04/11/2013 is 23.3%
Pretty crappy returns, eh?

Thank you! It was driving me crazy. If its any consolation to LHUCKS. I jumped on some mining stocks (RGLD, SLW etc) late last week because I thought the downward trend was about to turn, boy did I take a bath on those yesterday.

Where the hell is the stock thread anyway? I was just thinking about some stuff and was going to post it and poof? Can't find it anywhere.
http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=673466&hl=

Oh boy....I was a little early but it looks like I might've done something smart after what's going on the past few days. We shall see.

Agreed. Very heartening to hit new highs.
And off we go. Gold and Oil are even down so inflation is in check. Nothing to stop the powers that be to take the S&P to 2000 and beyond (eventually).

Users who are viewing this thread