What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Girls commits suicide due to bullying (1 Viewer)

Does Facebook hand out bannings? I assume so. Make a zero tolerance policy toward bullying. And ban IPs so the offenders can't just set up a new troll account.
Any internet troll worth his salt doesn't care about nor will be kept out by an IP ban.
I find this highly unlikely. I used to run a messageboard back in the mid-aughts and I can tell you that if you trace someone via IP you can effectively ban them for good (or at least until they move or get a new job). You may blackout their entire office to do it, but if they're mean enough it's worth it. There's no way to get around an IP ban unless you've got kung fu hacking skillz.
Or AOL.

Does Facebook hand out bannings? I assume so. Make a zero tolerance policy toward bullying. And ban IPs so the offenders can't just set up a new troll account.
Any internet troll worth his salt doesn't care about nor will be kept out by an IP ban.
I find this highly unlikely. I used to run a messageboard back in the mid-aughts and I can tell you that if you trace someone via IP you can effectively ban them for good (or at least until they move or get a new job). You may blackout their entire office to do it, but if they're mean enough it's worth it. There's no way to get around an IP ban unless you've got kung fu hacking skillz.
Pretty sure proxy servers were around before the turn of the century there slick.

Or AOL.
I didn't even know that still existed. Don't think it'll get you around an IP ban though. I could be wrong.

Pretty sure if a nimrod like Peens was able to figure this out, it can't be classified as kung-fu skills.

Why do I suddenly think I was a terrible admin? :lmao:

But let's not hijack this thread away from the real discussion: Tanner and Pickles' evil ways.

Pretty sure if a nimrod like Peens was able to figure this out, it can't be classified as kung-fu skills.
lol

These punkass kids are still harassing the girl on this tribute page. Utter Craziness. I cant believe noone found out their identity yet.

Thoughts and prayers to the family. :(

LOL

It's truly unbelievable the types of individuals that are out there on the internet. Usually the teens are the worst.

They're bred on xbox in games like modern warfare, on pc like runescape, world of warcraft and minecraft.

They learn to cheat ALL the time...constantly hacking, glitching and using every means to cheat. They talk endless crap and spew the most hateful nonsense nonstop. I still can't believe some of the stuff I heard from a 9 year old while on Gears of War years ago.

Then they gravitate to hateful sites like 4chan and 9gag and they learn to become more and more jaded and hateful and better at disguising their online profiles. It goes deeper than that down the rabbit hole, of course...it's awful.

We're all learning stuff quicker and faster now due to the internet and with that comes the bad stuff too...it spreads quicker and appeals to the lowest common denominators and to the indulges of adolescence.

I don't see a fix for it...you just have to keep a constant vigil on your own kids and hope for the best.

It's weird...when I end up having to discipline my son and take away his phone, pc and xbox...I find him to become a kinder, gentler dude. As soon as restriction comes off...within hours...I see him become more and more sullen and hateful...everything you dislike in a teen.

I limit his exposure but like I demonstrated above...it's pretty much at every level of gaming...you can block all the "bad sites" but basically if there's an ability to chat or type messages in the game...it becomes foul...quick. There's a lot of awful little bastards out there. Why parents allow their kids to have pc's and gaming consoles in their own rooms baffles me. You cannot allow your kids access to this stuff without being within earshot and having the ability to walk in on them at any moment. Get the crap out of the bedroom and into a gameroom centrally located in the house. Listen in on these conversations...go in that gameroom from time to time and watch/listen to your kids. Don't just let them tune in and drop out without supervision.

Kudos to good parents these days. I can't imagine how hard it must be to raise a kid in today's world. I'm sure it was never easy but with so many obstacles and distractions for kids, I don't know how you guys do it.

'tdoss said:
It's truly unbelievable the types of individuals that are out there on the internet. Usually the teens are the worst.They're bred on xbox in games like modern warfare, on pc like runescape, world of warcraft and minecraft.They learn to cheat ALL the time...constantly hacking, glitching and using every means to cheat. They talk endless crap and spew the most hateful nonsense nonstop. I still can't believe some of the stuff I heard from a 9 year old while on Gears of War years ago.Then they gravitate to hateful sites like 4chan and 9gag and they learn to become more and more jaded and hateful and better at disguising their online profiles. It goes deeper than that down the rabbit hole, of course...it's awful.We're all learning stuff quicker and faster now due to the internet and with that comes the bad stuff too...it spreads quicker and appeals to the lowest common denominators and to the indulges of adolescence.I don't see a fix for it...you just have to keep a constant vigil on your own kids and hope for the best.It's weird...when I end up having to discipline my son and take away his phone, pc and xbox...I find him to become a kinder, gentler dude. As soon as restriction comes off...within hours...I see him become more and more sullen and hateful...everything you dislike in a teen.I limit his exposure but like I demonstrated above...it's pretty much at every level of gaming...you can block all the "bad sites" but basically if there's an ability to chat or type messages in the game...it becomes foul...quick. There's a lot of awful little bastards out there. Why parents allow their kids to have pc's and gaming consoles in their own rooms baffles me. You cannot allow your kids access to this stuff without being within earshot and having the ability to walk in on them at any moment. Get the crap out of the bedroom and into a gameroom centrally located in the house. Listen in on these conversations...go in that gameroom from time to time and watch/listen to your kids. Don't just let them tune in and drop out without supervision.
:goodposting:Personally I am shocked at how young children are when parents start giving them electronic gizmos and how quickly the kids become dependent upon them. You'd think you were taking away their heroin and not a gameboy judging by their reaction. And I think that ultimately parents give them these devices for selfish reason, parents want quiet and electronic toys are essentially pacification devices. The parents allow the consoles and the like in the bedrooms because they don't want to listen to mind numbing explosions for hours at a time.It's kind of sad.

Does anyone have a link that goes into more details about the type of bullying she suffered at the hands of her classmates while alive?

From the stuff I read, it seems as though the break-up with the BF was more the cause for ending her life.

Does anyone have a link that goes into more details about the type of bullying she suffered at the hands of her classmates while alive?

From the stuff I read, it seems as though the break-up with the BF was more the cause for ending her life.
.A beautiful Staten Island teenager threw herself in front of a city bus after a group of mean girls at her high school tormented her for months and an older boy broke her heart, her family said.

Amanda Diane Cummings, 15, of Dongan Hills, was carrying a suicide note in her pocket when she was mortally injured by the bus two days after Christmas.

“I can’t live without [him]. There’s no life at all,” the lovesick sophomore wrote in the note, according to relatives.

HER CHILLING FACEBOOK POSTS

She succumbed to her injuries on Monday, but in the hours before and after her suicide attempt,her family and friends frantically texted her cell phone and posted messages on her Facebook wall pleading with her to come home.

Devastated relatives said Tuesday that Amanda was a popular girl bullied by a group of female classmates at New Dorp High School since the beginning of the academic year.

“No matter what she did, they picked on her,” her cousin Ashley Gilman, 20, told the News.

“They made fun of her heels, her hair, her make-up - everything.”

Gilman said Amanda recently confided she was dating a 19-year-old boy whom the ringleader of the bullies also had a crush on. The romantic rivalry escalated tensions between the two, Gilman said.

The week before Christmas, Amanda’s bully threatened her, but the young girl did not want to report the incident for fear of being bullied even more, relatives said.

“My cousin passed away because she was picked on. My cousin passed away because people are cruel,” Gilman said. “She hid a lot.”

Amanda finally opened up to her family about the extent of the bullying on Dec. 26 and showed her mother a barrage of texts between her and her high school nemesis and her and the older boy.

The next day, the taunting resumed and the 15-year-old allegedly grew distraught after receiving a message.

She left the house, claiming she was going to a friend’s house, and posted “I’ll cry without you” on her Facebook page. The message sent her mother, Cecile Weber, into a panic.

“Everybody was trying to tell her to come home,” another cousin, Brandy Henderson, said. “She was just incredibly emotional ... She was upset and crying.”

“She texted her mother, ‘I’m on the way home,’ but half an hour later she never showed up,” Henderson added.

In the early hours of Dec. 28, the teenager’s mother received a call that her critically injured daughter was at Staten Island University Hospital.

Yet even as the girl fought for her young life, the online taunts continued, her uncle Keith Cummings said

“LMFAO she jumped in front of a bus,” Cummings said someone wrote on her Facebook wall.

“Once a ho, always a ho,” another kid wrote, according to Cummings.

The posts no longer appear on Amanda’s Facebook page, which is now flooded with heartfelt comments from friends.

Cummings said his niece had told family she wanted to kill herself a couple of years ago, but there was no warning this this time.

“There was nothing, there was no sign," he said. “They tormented her ... There has to be justice.”

Department of Education officials refused to comment on allegations of bullying at the school and New Dorp High School principal Deirdre DeAngelis did not return calls.

Amanda’s schoolmates said Tuesday that some student gave her a hard time.

“On Facebook, her boyfriend put up a status when they broke up, and people were bullying her,” 16-year-old junior Christina Tobin said. “I heard a lot of stories about bullying. These other girls were calling her names.”

The school held a moment of silence for Amanda during third period Tuesday.

A crisis team offered counseling to students and staff following the tragedy, spokeswoman Margie Feinberg said.

Amanda’s distraught family set up a memorial blog about the sophomore, where she is described as a gentle girl who loved animals and liked listening to Katy Perry music.

She had even dyed her blond hair jet black in homage to the popular singer.

“This is a little girl that touched everyone's life,” cousin Henderson said.

“She was a delicate girl. She wasn’t a little fighter or a rough kid ... We are all heartbroken.”
I guess technically the family could be making it all up. The police are investigating

Why isn't 'bullying' considered a form of 'abuse' and why isn't it punishable by the law? I would think somebody who bullied another into suicide bears some sort of responsibility for the death and should be sentenced by a jury for crimes against humanity. Seems like there is absolutely no deterrent for cyber bullying....what's the punishment?

Maybe an overraction on my part, but man...what a sad story. Bullies suck.

Why isn't 'bullying' considered a form of 'abuse' and why isn't it punishable by the law? I would think somebody who bullied another into suicide bears some sort of responsibility for the death and should be sentenced by a jury for crimes against humanity. Seems like there is absolutely no deterrent for cyber bullying....what's the punishment?Maybe an overraction on my part, but man...what a sad story. Bullies suck.
MOP posts something stupid.You respond with a post telling MOP he's a moron.MOP goes MOP and offs MOP. Was that bullying? Are you responsible? Should you stand trial?

It actually is. Check out the Phoebe Prince case.

But because the defendents are minors they are usually tried as such and the punishments are not so bad.

However many states are drafting stricter legislation for punishing such acts. I just don't know if it is something that should be corrected by a law. I think getting the everliving hell beaten out of you by your parents followed by about a year of no social life outside of seeing a therapist should do it.

Why isn't 'bullying' considered a form of 'abuse' and why isn't it punishable by the law? I would think somebody who bullied another into suicide bears some sort of responsibility for the death and should be sentenced by a jury for crimes against humanity. Seems like there is absolutely no deterrent for cyber bullying....what's the punishment?Maybe an overraction on my part, but man...what a sad story. Bullies suck.
MOP posts something stupid.You respond with a post telling MOP he's a moron.MOP goes MOP and offs MOP. Was that bullying? Are you responsible? Should you stand trial?
I said I was probably over reacting. :shrug:

I said I was probably over reacting. :shrug:
Probably.

sticks and stones

.A beautiful Staten Island teenager threw herself in front of a city bus after a group of mean girls at her high school tormented her for months and an older boy broke her heart, her family said.

Amanda Diane Cummings, 15, of Dongan Hills, was carrying a suicide note in her pocket when she was mortally injured by the bus two days after Christmas.

“I can’t live without [him]. There’s no life at all,” the lovesick sophomore wrote in the note, according to relatives.

HER CHILLING FACEBOOK POSTS

She succumbed to her injuries on Monday, but in the hours before and after her suicide attempt,her family and friends frantically texted her cell phone and posted messages on her Facebook wall pleading with her to come home.

Devastated relatives said Tuesday that Amanda was a popular girl bullied by a group of female classmates at New Dorp High School since the beginning of the academic year.

“No matter what she did, they picked on her,” her cousin Ashley Gilman, 20, told the News.

“They made fun of her heels, her hair, her make-up - everything.”

Gilman said Amanda recently confided she was dating a 19-year-old boy whom the ringleader of the bullies also had a crush on. The romantic rivalry escalated tensions between the two, Gilman said.

The week before Christmas, Amanda’s bully threatened her, but the young girl did not want to report the incident for fear of being bullied even more, relatives said.

“My cousin passed away because she was picked on. My cousin passed away because people are cruel,” Gilman said. “She hid a lot.”

Amanda finally opened up to her family about the extent of the bullying on Dec. 26 and showed her mother a barrage of texts between her and her high school nemesis and her and the older boy.

The next day, the taunting resumed and the 15-year-old allegedly grew distraught after receiving a message.

She left the house, claiming she was going to a friend’s house, and posted “I’ll cry without you” on her Facebook page. The message sent her mother, Cecile Weber, into a panic.

“Everybody was trying to tell her to come home,” another cousin, Brandy Henderson, said. “She was just incredibly emotional ... She was upset and crying.”

“She texted her mother, ‘I’m on the way home,’ but half an hour later she never showed up,” Henderson added.

In the early hours of Dec. 28, the teenager’s mother received a call that her critically injured daughter was at Staten Island University Hospital.

Yet even as the girl fought for her young life, the online taunts continued, her uncle Keith Cummings said

“LMFAO she jumped in front of a bus,” Cummings said someone wrote on her Facebook wall.

“Once a ho, always a ho,” another kid wrote, according to Cummings.

The posts no longer appear on Amanda’s Facebook page, which is now flooded with heartfelt comments from friends.

Cummings said his niece had told family she wanted to kill herself a couple of years ago, but there was no warning this this time.

“There was nothing, there was no sign," he said. “They tormented her ... There has to be justice.”

Department of Education officials refused to comment on allegations of bullying at the school and New Dorp High School principal Deirdre DeAngelis did not return calls.

Amanda’s schoolmates said Tuesday that some student gave her a hard time.

“On Facebook, her boyfriend put up a status when they broke up, and people were bullying her,” 16-year-old junior Christina Tobin said. “I heard a lot of stories about bullying. These other girls were calling her names.”

The school held a moment of silence for Amanda during third period Tuesday.

A crisis team offered counseling to students and staff following the tragedy, spokeswoman Margie Feinberg said.

Amanda’s distraught family set up a memorial blog about the sophomore, where she is described as a gentle girl who loved animals and liked listening to Katy Perry music.

She had even dyed her blond hair jet black in homage to the popular singer.

“This is a little girl that touched everyone's life,” cousin Henderson said.

“She was a delicate girl. She wasn’t a little fighter or a rough kid ... We are all heartbroken.”
I guess technically the family could be making it all up. The police are investigating
####### awful.

We have bullies in the FFA too. Pickles and Tannerlllllamamama are two of them. I'm not committing suicide for them, tho. But Pickles and lllllamama are EXACTLY the same type of people as the ones bullying that girl.
Just stop, What an embarrasment you are.
They are the embarrasment. They are nasty, mean, heartless, sonofab's. I know people like that. They routinely cross the line and rip other people to shreds to get a laugh. Maybe I'm immune to it, but I bet you anything there are other people they have seriously hurt, because the two of them are sociopaths. They shouldn't post here, or anywhere.
Please don't hijack this thread
When we're talking cyberbullying in the FFA, we're talking Pickles and tannerlalllllamama. This is exactly on topic.
Im asking you one more time to please stop. This thread is about this poor girl and the cyberbullies attacking her facebook page.
And I'm telling you one more time this is compeltely on topic.We could also discuss the Blue Onion debacle. That was where a group of FFA posters decided to get together in a thread here and openly plan on threatening and bullying someone in real life. That was the most disgusting thread this place ever had, and it allowed to run on for months. Joe and David are damn lucky events didn't spin out of control leading to someone getting seriously hurt. I've yet to see Joe or David apologize for letting that thread run, or even understand what they did wrong.
Dude....SHUT IT DOWN!
Agreed. Beej is right.
Wow, that was mean. :thumbdown:

It really doesn't matter if she's bullied after death because she's dead. All she is now is a corpse.
If this is her tribute page I'd say there's a better than average chance that her parents/family look in on it or have looked in on it.

thankfully, I don't have any daughters but if I did, they wouldn't be dating 19 year old boys.

I do have 3 boys and none of them will be dating 15 year old girls when they are 19.

it seems that the breakup was a bigger cause of this, IMO. without it, this girl would probably still be alive.

thankfully, I don't have any daughters but if I did, they wouldn't be dating 19 year old boys.

I do have 3 boys and none of them will be dating 15 year old girls when they are 19.

it seems that the breakup was a bigger cause of this, IMO. without it, this girl would probably still be alive.
Your avatar suggests otherwise.:alrightalright:

thankfully, I don't have any daughters but if I did, they wouldn't be dating 19 year old boys. I do have 3 boys and none of them will be dating 15 year old girls when they are 19. it seems that the breakup was a bigger cause of this, IMO. without it, this girl would probably still be alive.
It's a tragedy for sure but I have to agree here somewhat. A 19 year old boy with a 15 year old girl? Wouldn't fly in my airspace.And it sounds like she's tried before. It doesn't make it right whatsoever...but I think we all grew up with kids that always kinda found a way to be a victim and in the middle of drama constantly. I have no idea if this is the case and again, doesn't justify the bullying but signs don't look like this girl was well adjusted from jump street and the parents weren't doing everything they should in order to make sure she was doing well.

thankfully, I don't have any daughters but if I did, they wouldn't be dating 19 year old boys. I do have 3 boys and none of them will be dating 15 year old girls when they are 19. it seems that the breakup was a bigger cause of this, IMO. without it, this girl would probably still be alive.
It's a tragedy for sure but I have to agree here somewhat. A 19 year old boy with a 15 year old girl? Wouldn't fly in my airspace.And it sounds like she's tried before. It doesn't make it right whatsoever...but I think we all grew up with kids that always kinda found a way to be a victim and in the middle of drama constantly. I have no idea if this is the case and again, doesn't justify the bullying but signs don't look like this girl was well adjusted from jump street and the parents weren't doing everything they should in order to make sure she was doing well.
she posted numerous messages on her facebook over the last year about wanting to die, being suicidal etc. the signs were there. parents probably didnt monitor what she was doing

Your avatar suggests otherwise.:alrightalright:
they don't know that....

she posted numerous messages on her facebook over the last year about wanting to die, being suicidal etc. the signs were there. parents probably didnt monitor what she was doing
That's the thing...sure, everything is hindsight...but I have a 15 year old son. I will not have him on any social networking without me also being in his network. Sucks...but that's the deal. And probably moreso with my daughter. DEFINITELY if she's shown episodes of depression and wanting to commit suicide in the past.I'm not blaming the parents here...I'm just saying you cannot just tune out and leave them to their own devices. Get involved and stay involved...it sucks...you're gonna come off as lame most of the time but when they're older they'll understand and will hopefully do the same for their kids.

That's the thing...sure, everything is hindsight...but I have a 15 year old son. I will not have him on any social networking without me also being in his network. Sucks...but that's the deal. And probably moreso with my daughter. DEFINITELY if she's shown episodes of depression and wanting to commit suicide in the past.I'm not blaming the parents here...I'm just saying you cannot just tune out and leave them to their own devices. Get involved and stay involved...it sucks...you're gonna come off as lame most of the time but when they're older they'll understand and will hopefully do the same for their kids.
dont really think anyone is saying otherwise :thumbup:

dont really think anyone is saying otherwise :thumbup:
As for the bullying...man...I really don't know what you do there.I'd want my kids to be able to stand up to bullying...hopefully give them the tools they need to deal with it and know how to respond.If they were involved with her Facebook account, they would've seen this and could've stepped in.Kids are vicious and I'm not sure you can stop them from being that way...they find the weak and just ride them until they stand up for themselves.Maybe stricter laws will help but I'd hate to see a simple iArgument turn into charges because some parent went overboard with some new law.

:goodposting: :goodposting: :goodposting:

Users who are viewing this thread