What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (9 Viewers)

Rockaction, did you post under another name here before or are you new?

What is it anybody has said in this thread that upset you? Lay it on us. We're an understanding lot.

The thread has been sort of sucky lately, I'll give you that one.
New as of 2011. Never used an alias here nor another name to post under. It's all me. I'm a dude in CT moving to CA in a few months.

Bolded: It was urbanhack, cosjobs, and bostonfred, but I'm okay with it. I raised my defense, and that's that. I generally don't come in here, and for others, this is a good place. Well, I generally don't come in here, unless OPM trolls the SP during football playoffs. Then I do. :shrugs:

I generally get called out way, way more than I call other people out. It's strange. People don't care for what I say sometimes; I take it to heart and move on.

And that's it. No laying it on or anything. Just simple.

Peace, guys.
Where in CA you moving? My good buddy just moved to Newton, CT. He thinks he likes it, but he just moved there because his wife made him.

You seem like a smart guy. Occupation? College? Family? Hobbies? Let us get to know you...no need for hostility.

What is it anybody has said in this thread that upset you? Lay it on us. We're an understanding lot.

Ain't no cure for interblags induced butt hurt, but GenMayo extending the olive branch just makes us want to sing Kumbaya

:obc:
I think more OBC is exactly what this thread needs.
Is OBC chat still running? Last time I went there it was deader than my liver.
So your liver and soul have something in common?

Ain't no cure for interblags induced butt hurt, but GenMayo extending the olive branch just makes us want to sing Kumbaya

:obc:
I think more OBC is exactly what this thread needs.
Is OBC chat still running? Last time I went there it was deader than my liver.
So your liver and soul have something in common?
Yes. And my compassion.

New as of 2011. Never used an alias here nor another name to post under. It's all me. I'm a dude in CT moving to CA in a few months.

Bolded: It was urbanhack, cosjobs, and bostonfred, but I'm okay with it. I raised my defense, and that's that. I generally don't come in here, and for others, this is a good place. Well, I generally don't come in here, unless OPM trolls the SP during football playoffs. Then I do. :shrugs:

I generally get called out way, way more than I call other people out. It's strange. People don't care for what I say sometimes; I take it to heart and move on.

Peace, guys.
Where in CA you moving? My good buddy just moved to Newton, CT. He thinks he likes it, but he just moved there because his wife made him.

You seem like a smart guy. Occupation? College? Family? Hobbies? Let us get to know you...no need for hostility.
Unless your posts are deemed boring by TRE, then he gets quite hostile.

TRE's our bouncer. Bouncers are paid to be hostile. But, they are also very easy to bribe and curry favor with. I just send TRE some Reser's meat sticks every other week and wa la...we get along like peas and carrots.

Peace, guys.

:oldunsure:

is it ok to talk about scarves yet?

I think I missed my true calling in life. I should be a soup maker. I made a ham bone soup yesterday that is sensational. I think I enjoy making soup more than just about anything, including crock pot chicken.

I think I missed my true calling in life. I should be a soup maker. I made a ham bone soup yesterday that is sensational. I think I enjoy making soup more than just about anything, including crock pot chicken.
:thumbup:

never too late.

but I'm going to guess somebody in here hates soups.

eta: and is prepared to go the distance over them.

Last edited by a moderator:
TRE's our bouncer. Bouncers are paid to be hostile. But, they are also very easy to bribe and curry favor with. I just send TRE some Reser's meat sticks every other week and wa la...we get along like peas and carrots.
Bottom line is everything I say should be taken with a salt block of salt. Its not serious business for me like it is for some. If you're butt-hurt weeks/months later about some offhand comment I likely made while imbibing, just recognize the source and move along with your life.

Haven't gained a love for curry yet. Outside of naan, I think Indian food just doesn't do it for me

Peace, guys.
I appreciate your posts even if I disagree. At least you've got good taste in music.

Oh, and welcome to liberal hell.

Peace, guys.

or come off as morally superior.

:coffee:

Peace, guys.

or come off as morally superior.

:coffee:
Those guys are the worst ;)

Carrots are Satans dong

One of the few foods i don't like
one cup of carrots in my hambone soup. Delicious.
What other ingredients did you put into your hambone soup?

Carrots are Satans dong

Celery, white wine, oyster semen, garlic....

Carrots are Satans dong

Please go on.

proninja said:
I've got a ham bone in the freezer currently, would love the recipe you used GM

And yes, I know I'm bringing the interesting level in this thread way down
Now we're talking....

I had a real meaty hambone from the night before. I tried to pick it clean, but there was plenty of meat/fat left on it. Fat's fine, it'll break down, add flavor and you can skim it. I also had a nice cup+ diced ham from the night before, so make sure you have some good ham.

Anyhow, I would use low-sodium chicken stock if I did it again. I also used a cup of white wine because WHY NOT!

And, on top of the spices listed, I added a dash of oregano, paprika, cumin, coriander, onion powder, garlic powder and allspice because really, I just can't sit still. When it was simmering towards the end, I felt a dash of cayenne and two small, dried chili peppers would give it just a small kick, and I was right.

I'll be eating this all week for lunch.

proninja said:

Now we're talking....

I had a real meaty hambone from the night before. I tried to pick it clean, but there was plenty of meat/fat left on it. Fat's fine, it'll break down, add flavor and you can skim it. I also had a nice cup+ diced ham from the night before, so make sure you have some good ham.

Anyhow, I would use low-sodium chicken stock if I did it again. I also used a cup of white wine because WHY NOT!

And, on top of the spices listed, I added a dash of oregano, paprika, cumin, coriander, onion powder, garlic powder and allspice because really, I just can't sit still. When it was simmering towards the end, I felt a dash of cayenne and two small, dried chili peppers would give it just a small kick, and I was right.

Do you mind if I print this out?

Carrots are Satans dong

I think you missed a comma.

Carrots are Satans dong

<Insert gentle mocking that will upset FDAS.>
ZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

:mellow:
Now I understand why people say what they do about you.

proninja said:

Now we're talking....

Mind? I'm blushing!!!!

Although I highly suspect I'm being fished here....there's like 15 ingredients in that soup that would make you convulse.

proninja said:

Now we're talking....I had a real meaty hambone from the night before. I tried to pick it clean, but there was plenty of meat/fat left on it. Fat's fine, it'll break down, add flavor and you can skim it. I also had a nice cup+ diced ham from the night before, so make sure you have some good ham.

Mind? I'm blushing!!!!

Although I highly suspect I'm being fished here....there's like 15 ingredients in that soup that would make you convulse.
:lmao:

Carrots are Satans dongOne of the few foods i don't like
I can deal with them as a flavor agent in soups/stews or in carrot cake, but I'll typically pick past them in anything else

Raw carrots are totally vile though

proninja said:

Now we're talking....

Mind? I'm blushing!!!!

SOunds like you've got a great ham stock there. You should make a split pea or 17 bean soup with that,

Carrots are Satans dongOne of the few foods i don't like
I can deal with them as a flavor agent in soups/stews or in carrot cake, but I'll typically pick past them in anything else

Raw carrots are totally vile though
I don't hate them, but they're really sweet and people usually add too many making the dish too sweet. Just a few in a dish can be okay, but take it easy.

ETA - I'm talking to you Chinese take-out place... esp. you're fried rice

Last edited by a moderator:
proninja said:

Now we're talking....

there's nothing like a hambone to make soup with, only thing close is a cooked chicken carcass.

two favorites, navy bean and split pea.

proninja said:

Now we're talking....

Missing sliced peaches and some apricot preserves, IMO.

proninja said:

Now we're talking....

Missing sliced peaches and some apricot preserves, IMO.
maybe some canteloupe

Peace, guys.

Bump for gunks show purposes.

Mrs. Sac lopped the head off a snake in our driveway last week (not a euphemism). She texted me the play-by-play without mentioning what kind it was. She was less than pleased when I said it was either a very brave or very dumb thing to do, but it seems she left off the part where she checked to make certain it wasn't a rattler. Or she just didn't want to admit the thought never crossed her mind. We've heard them while hiking here, but we've yet to actually encounter one outside a zoo. Not in a big hurry to change that.

Users who are viewing this thread