What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Going Against The Grain - Who You Got? (1 Viewer)

I did two drafts on Yahoo over the weekend and I can’t believe how far down the QB rankings Purdy still is on there. Some of the guys that were above him I’d feel way more comfortable with Purdy than them. I think his floor is QB15 and I would not at all be surprised if he’s a back-end QB1 this season

Very few understand the numbers he put up in 7/8 games...his stats were top 5 in that run....then the elbow twanged in the NFCCG. People have been laughing and downplaying ever since.

The kid has "it", and he is surrounded by arguably the best supporting caste on O and an elite D.

I did two drafts on Yahoo over the weekend and I can’t believe how far down the QB rankings Purdy still is on there. Some of the guys that were above him I’d feel way more comfortable with Purdy than them. I think his floor is QB15 and I would not at all be surprised if he’s a back-end QB1 this season.
The kid went 12-12 the other day in training camp. I know it's camp and make no difference...but the dude has moxy.

DeAndre Hopkins
It's funny - I loved him last year because I thought he was still a 'that dude' type of guy and you could get him real cheap because of the 6-game suspension. When he came back, he really was a WR1 although more at the bottom of that spectrum.

And I think you're right...he's being overlooked again. He's certainly lost some speed, but he feels like a Larry Fitzgerald who can crafty the hell out of the end of his career and still be productive. Good call out.
I miss Larry Fitzgerald. :'( He was on the very first fantasy football team I ever played in when I was 13 years old.

He's the reason I got into football obsessively and became an Arizona Cardinals fan. It was an absolute privilege to watch that guy play. I still feel awful about that SB against Pittsburgh.

Kurt and Larry deserved a ring. If it wasn't for J Harrison 99 yard pick 6 a ******** S Holmes miracle toe drag in the corner of the end zone. 16 year old me was crushed.
I remember watching that game, when he took off and scored. I remember thinking I've never seen a WR run that fast. Nobody was going to catch him. Nobody in NFL history, in their prime, would have stopped him from scoring. At that moment, that's how it looked to me. And I was in my late-30s, so it wasn't through a kid's lenses. That's how impressed I was.

We hear so much about pro players playing for the money, and how college is a more pure game. It just felt like, on that play, Fitzgerald was simply doing what he was born to do, he WANTED that touchdown, and good luck trying to catch him.

Not a fan of either team, but I won't forget that play. That's the magic of the playoffs, and the Super Bowl, I guess.

I think I'm going against the grain in thinking Kyler is still an elite fantasy asset when healthy, and that the idea of him sitting so that the cards can tank is likely bunk. I've added him in 2 dynasty leagues and a couple redrafts this offseason.

A week ago I would have also said Raheem Mostert, but now that Wilson is on IR he's too mainstream.

In fact he's the only player in the NFL over the past 4 years to have at least 70 rec, 1000 yards, and 8 TDS. In the entire history of the NFL only 8 WRs have ever done the same thing across four consecutive seasons.
Crazy, I thought this couldn’t be right - that Mike Evans must have also done it. But nope, Evans was 3 receptions short in 2019 and still made the pro bowl over Lockett. 🤔

Nico Collins - Big bodied receiver for Stroud who's pretty solid when it comes to ball placement. Houston offense could be better than anticipated and you can get him for basically free. Feel like he could be this year's Christian Kirk fantasy-wise.

Nico Collins - Big bodied receiver for Stroud who's pretty solid when it comes to ball placement. Houston offense could be better than anticipated and you can get him for basically free. Feel like he could be this year's Christian Kirk fantasy-wise.

A trendy WR sleeper pick though...not really "against the grain"

Mike Williams​

ECRBESTWORSTADP

I'm smitten with him for like the last 3 years. Always the earliest to go and get him. I see him as the break out WR1 and hope he gets the treatment this year. I'm always in the trap chasing the upside. Got him at pick 52 as my first WR since I went heavy RB/RB/TE/QB. I know they got a new OC and it sounds like Mike will be in slot more often and I think that is great for his YAC and to possibly avoid the contested grabs where he was left vulnerable to injury.

For me, it's Aaron Rodgers. I want no part of him. If he stays healthy (which I doubt) I think his INTs will continue to increase as his athletic mind can't accept what his athletic body can and cannot do anymore.

Tough division, he's 39 and he hasn't been known for blazing fast starts recently. As a football fan, I'd love to see him succeed and revitalize the Jets. But I don't see it at this stage of his career and with this team.

Here are my guys for each of the first few rounds. I do a lot of underdog and ffpc so going by their adps.

Round 1 - Diggs, he seems to be the forgotten guy in the first round.

Round 2 - Adams, his season over unders are as high as anyone else, yet he goes behind all the first round receivers. Take the discount.

Round 3 - Taylor, he has been dropping to the mid 3rd or even 4th round. Is there risk? Yeah, but if you start your draft with this 3 players you could be starting 3 first round picks against everyone else.

Round 4 - There are so many players I like in round 4, I will go Mixon. His floor feels like rb 15.

Round 5 - Drake London. I know the Falcons run a lot, but I expect their passing game to be very concentrated on London and Pitts.

Round 6 - Waller. I expect him to have a big year and be the Giants best passing game target.

Round 7 - David Montgomery, I don't expect him to have 18 touchdowns line Williams last year, but 10 touchdowns and over 1k total yards seems very attainable.

Honorable mentions.

Russell Wilson, Rashad Penny, Higbee, Ridder, Warren, Hodgins, and Renfrow.
You aren’t getting Waller in the 6th today.

Here are my guys for each of the first few rounds. I do a lot of underdog and ffpc so going by their adps.

Round 1 - Diggs, he seems to be the forgotten guy in the first round.

Round 2 - Adams, his season over unders are as high as anyone else, yet he goes behind all the first round receivers. Take the discount.

Round 3 - Taylor, he has been dropping to the mid 3rd or even 4th round. Is there risk? Yeah, but if you start your draft with this 3 players you could be starting 3 first round picks against everyone else.

Round 4 - There are so many players I like in round 4, I will go Mixon. His floor feels like rb 15.

Round 5 - Drake London. I know the Falcons run a lot, but I expect their passing game to be very concentrated on London and Pitts.

Round 6 - Waller. I expect him to have a big year and be the Giants best passing game target.

Round 7 - David Montgomery, I don't expect him to have 18 touchdowns line Williams last year, but 10 touchdowns and over 1k total yards seems very attainable.

Honorable mentions.

Russell Wilson, Rashad Penny, Higbee, Ridder, Warren, Hodgins, and Renfrow.
You aren’t getting Waller in the 6th today.

Very true. You were a few weeks ago now he is going off the board as tight end 3 or 4 in the 4th or 5th round.

I think people are overlooking AJ Dillon a bit. He had 220 opportunities last year and I can't imagine them using the RBs less in the post Rodgers era.

Jones is the better back for sure but Dillon still gets solid usage and, if I'm reading the roster correctly the only other RB on the roster is Emanuel Wilson, an undrafted rookie who Denver already released this off-season.

Dillon has stand alone value, at the very least as a bye week fill in, and obvious additional value if Jones misses time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread