What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GOP = the Party of Trump (1 Viewer)

tommyGunZ

Footballguy
Sounds so great I had to type it.  Over the last 10 years or so many of us have been suggesting that a significant part of the Republican Party base was crazy, politically ignorant, and borderline racist. This was met by resident conservatives crying foul, and many suggesting that both sides are equally crazy.

Chickens have come home.  You spend a generation blowing dog whistles, worshipping the rich, and blaming government for all of our ills, and Donald Trump is he monster you created.  

The Party of Trump.  Congrats conservatives.  

If Trump were a member of the FFA he'd love this: 

"Right now there are 4 threads about me on the first page alone! Not to mention the others on the next few pages. One thread about Hillary. And there's one about Little Marco, but who's posting in it? Nobody. What a loser." 

Sounds so great I had to type it.  Over the last 10 years or so many of us have been suggesting that a significant part of the Republican Party base was crazy, politically ignorant, and borderline racist. This was met by resident conservatives crying foul, and many suggesting that both sides are equally crazy.

Chickens have come home.  You spend a generation blowing dog whistles, worshipping the rich, and blaming government for all of our ills, and Donald Trump is he monster you created.  

Well, this really sucks. I thought this was going to be the year tommy loved the GOP contender. 

If the Democrats wouldn't have completely ignored working class America for the last 24 years, perhaps we would have had a different result...Tommy.

Sounds so great I had to type it.  Over the last 10 years or so many of us have been suggesting that a significant part of the Republican Party base was crazy, politically ignorant, and borderline racist.
The worst part about this for me was discovering just how many of my loved ones had this side of them.  They used to keep it hidden, but Trump has empowered them to now speak it openly.  I didn't want to know.  :(

DO WE NEED ANOTHER TRUMP THREAD????  :wall: :wall:   :wall:   :wall:  

i blame Trump on Obama

Name the 2 republican candidates feared and derided most by Democrats and the year there were presidential candidates over the last 40 years?

1980 Ronald Reagan

2004 George W Bush

Both got elected. 

2012 Romney, 2008 McCain, 1996 Dole & 1992 GHW Bush had left wing fear mongering turned down a notch

1976 Ford was no chance and almost patronized by the left.

1984 Reagan was a known deal by that point and demonizing him any further just wasnt going to work.

1988 GHW Bush was a continuance of the 8 Reagan years

2000 George W Bush was seen with optimism from the right and the fear factor was turned down from the left.

2016 Trump is more closely aligned to the 1980 Reagan and 2004 Bush. If the left keeps up the scaremongering and unhinged nonsense that cost it winnable elections in 1980 and 2004, then history will repeat itself again.

About 80 percent of the electorate are low-information voters.  Many of those are attracted to sound-byte machines like Trump and sparkly paint on bass boats.

I'll give it to Trump, he's found the loophole and he's gaming the system.  He's got a rock solid 30% of the GOP vote (which means there's 70% that he doesn't), but the remaining 70% is divided amongst "real candidates" who are bickering and clawing like a pail full of crabs.  If the people that have zero chance of getting the nomination would get out (I'm looking at you Carson) there might be a chance at preventing him from getting the nomination.  If Carson/Kasich/et.al. stay bitterly in the race, they will wind up handing the nomination to Trump.  It speaks to a larger issue of a leadership void at the RNC.

I have ZERO doubt that if Trump wins the nomination a third party candidate (Rick Perry most probably) would have legs as a "Conservative" alternative.  The theory behind that is it would keep conservative voters from sitting home and killing the down-ticket Republicans.  Perry, Romney, Gingrich...there are all kinds of possibilities there.  Thank God Palin already endorsed Trump or else she might have given it a thought.  The downside of course is that it means at least 4 years of Hillary and a tilt of the Supreme Court with 5 hard core liberal justices.  

A brokered convention is also a possibility, but then you run the risk of pissing off the Trump voters (and they would have a legitimate beef).

The final possibility is that the GOP embraces Trump and he actually freaking wins the nomination (and potentially the Presidency).  Hillary is a terrible candidate and is beatable.  But that's a huge risk given Trump's insanely high negative poll numbers.  There are a lot of people that don't like/trust Hillary, but there is a large swath of the population that HATES Trump and would be energized to vote against him.

About 80 percent of the electorate are low-information voters.  Many of those are attracted to sound-byte machines like Trump and sparkly paint on bass boats.

I'll give it to Trump, he's found the loophole and he's gaming the system.  He's got a rock solid 30% of the GOP vote (which means there's 70% that he doesn't), but the remaining 70% is divided amongst "real candidates" who are bickering and clawing like a pail full of crabs.  If the people that have zero chance of getting the nomination would get out (I'm looking at you Carson) there might be a chance at preventing him from getting the nomination.  If Carson/Kasich/et.al. stay bitterly in the race, they will wind up handing the nomination to Trump.  It speaks to a larger issue of a leadership void at the RNC.

I have ZERO doubt that if Trump wins the nomination a third party candidate (Rick Perry most probably) would have legs as a "Conservative" alternative.  The theory behind that is it would keep conservative voters from sitting home and killing the down-ticket Republicans.  Perry, Romney, Gingrich...there are all kinds of possibilities there.  Thank God Palin already endorsed Trump or else she might have given it a thought.  The downside of course is that it means at least 4 years of Hillary and a tilt of the Supreme Court with 5 hard core liberal justices.  

A brokered convention is also a possibility, but then you run the risk of pissing off the Trump voters (and they would have a legitimate beef).

The final possibility is that the GOP embraces Trump and he actually freaking wins the nomination (and potentially the Presidency).  Hillary is a terrible candidate and is beatable.  But that's a huge risk given Trump's insanely high negative poll numbers.  There are a lot of people that don't like/trust Hillary, but there is a large swath of the population that HATES Trump and would be energized to vote against him.
Pretty solid analysis right here.  If the Dems had a better candidate, they'd really be praying for Trump to win the nomination.  Could have set back the Republicans quite a bit.  As it is, a non-landslide Hillary win won't seem like that big of a deal.

Finally a Trump thread where the Left can chime in.

All kidding aside, good for TGunz, probably should be heading the anti-Trump horn if he wasn't already the President of that organization. 

Democratic Party = Party of Lunatic Progressives

Republican Party = Party of Moderate Democrats

Trump Party = Party of the enlightened 

:no:  There's three reasons Perry won't run again - oops, I forgot what they are. There have been stories that the GOP is giving kid Rubio one more chance, which should fail as he degrades his discussion of the issues down to the color of spray tans, twitter typos and the size of appendages. When Rubio fails, its on to Romney where talks are already underway and he has already entered the party pulling a Harry on Trump around taxes.  Seems everyone is late to the party except Trump, and Biden decided not to go to it. Trump is going to start getting the underdog title as he fights both the dems and GOP. 

Last edited by a moderator:
tommyGunZ said:

Electing Trump is beyond crazy, it's truly unimaginable.  I think both Bernie and Trump are Independents who knew they had to select a party to align with to have any chance.  I'm not sure if that means our 2-party system is working or broken.  I think if Biden were still in the race there's a chance we'd see Trump v. Sanders and that would be remarkable.

Users who are viewing this thread