What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gordon suspension upheld (1 Viewer)

hotboyz

Footballguy
Josh Gordon's one-year suspension for violations of the NFL's substance abuse policy has been upheld on appeal.

Bump Austin.

Oh, in before some yahoo jumps in and declares that this news doesn't deserve its own thread, because there's already a thread with his name on it somewhere else, as if this isn't the single most important news item of the preseason.

The NFL / Commish dragging this issue out for 8 months is simply ridiculous. A 1 yr ban starting today locks Gordon out of the entire training camp & preseason.

Ridiculous

The NFL / Commish dragging this issue out for 8 months is simply ridiculous. A 1 yr ban starting today locks Gordon out of the entire training camp & preseason.

Ridiculous
Gordon's the one who appealed. The suspension should have happened months ago, but he asked that it be reconsidered.

Bump Austin.

Oh, in before some yahoo jumps in and declares that this news doesn't deserve its own thread, because there's already a thread with his name on it somewhere else, as if this isn't the single most important news item of the preseason.
Don't bump Austin....I'd bump Cameron and to a lesser extant Hawkins.

Miles Austin - serious hammy issues for what last 3 or more years - 1 year $2M contract

Andrew Hawkins - stuck behind serious talent in CIN, smaller receiver with good skills - 4 year $13.6M contract......

When breaking ties I tend to follow the money.

Ridiculous
Gordon's the one who appealed. The suspension should have happened months ago, but he asked that it be reconsidered.
took them over a month to set the hearing date, which was a month away, followed by 3 weeks to rule. Even with appeal it could have been done before training camp.

Well at least Gordon doesn't have an additional impending DUI hearing or anything. Boy then I'd really be worried.

Bump Austin.

Not only that, but that other thread is just straight up cancer. I'd caution anyone from entering it.

So this isn't terribly surprising. I too like Hawkins over Austin, as the former passed the eyeball test during preseason while the later didn't. Someone aside from Cameron has to catch some balls over in CLE this year.

"I'd like to apologize to my teammates, coaches, the Cleveland Browns organization and our fans," Gordon said in a statement released by the NFL Players Association. "I am very disappointed that the NFL and its hearing office didn't exercise better discretion and judgment in my case. I would like to sincerely thank the people who have been incredibly supportive of me during this challenging time, including my family, my agent, my union, my legal team, and the Cleveland Browns staff."

:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread