What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Grab Dixon ASAP! (1 Viewer)

gbill2004

Footballguy
It starts already...

Brian Westbrook was held out of 49ers practice with an ankle injury Wednesday.It wouldn't make sense for the Niners to push their brittle 31-year-old running back on a short week, but this is also a reminder that Westbrook is a poor bet to hold up in the final five games, particularly on workloads like the one he received Monday night. It would come as no surprise if rookie Anthony Dixon ends up as the better fantasy option down the stretch. Source: David White on Twitter

Westbrook already injured

Brian Westbrook, RB SF

News: 49ers RB Brian Westbrook did not practice Wednesday because of an ankle injury

Analysis: It didn't take long for Westbrook to go from a 100-yard game to being injured. The 49ers talked about being cautious with the oft-injured veteran. Perhaps this is just a rest day for Westbrook, but if the injury lingers, then he could be in trouble.

Here's the full twitter feed from bydavidwhite...paints a bit of a different picture on the report than what you're getting from Rotoworld:

(That's when they practiced hard in little rest, then complained later they never recovered from the Monday night game.

about 1 hour ago via web .

Westbrook and Nedney are more safety precautions in a short week off a Monday nighter. Sing taking it easy on guys after NO-KC disaster

about 1 hour ago via web .

Injury report: C David Baas (concussion), WR Brian Westbrook (ankle), K Joe Nedney (knee) jump out as those who didn't practice but ...

about 1 hour ago via web

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't care what the spin is, myself I added Dixon based on the injury history of Westy.

Mediocre RB + mediocre line + medicore play calling + mediocre schedule = meh!
You realize most of the people in here are desperate for RB depth at this point in the season right?
Of course, I am scouring the waiver wire myself with all the injuries. A few backs out there that have better schedules and more talent IMO. If Dixon's schedule was better I would be on the train. A lot of potential backs but everything is a little cloudy. Choose wisely because some of the fog may lift this weekend and it could be too late.

well I grabbed Dixon from FA... while some paid much on waivers to get Westbrook... I feel better... thanks for the update

I've been kicking around the idea of adding Dixon just about every week in my dynasty league. I figured this week it was now or never on him. I like the kid's talent. I'm drinking the Dixon cider.

Niners are only averaging 110 rushing with 7 TDs through 11 games. Home vs SEA looks like the only slam dunk game for rushing. GB is not great against it but that game is at Lambeau. Chargers and Rams are better against the run and both games are on the road.

I thought targeting Dixon over Westbrook on waivers this week, knowing Westbrook's history, was the shark move anyway? :shrug:

Wait...

are people in here really expecting a 31 year old RB who is line for a Lions share of the carries to not have (be given) an excuse to miss practice on a WEDNESDAY in December?

Dear lord.

Wait... are people in here really expecting a 31 year old RB who is line for a Lions share of the carries to not have (be given) an excuse to miss practice on a WEDNESDAY in December?Dear lord.
...AND he just ran for over a hundred yards after hardly playing a lick up to that point...id call it game soreness ...not and injury.

The league isn't exactly littered with 31 year old backs with concussion issues that are workhorses. I'm thinking he won't last more than a game or two. Most thought he was going to retire this offseason.

Wait... are people in here really expecting a 31 year old RB who is line for a Lions share of the carries to not have (be given) an excuse to miss practice on a WEDNESDAY in December?Dear lord.
...AND he just ran for over a hundred yards after hardly playing a lick up to that point...id call it game soreness ...not and injury.
yes your right, why would they want a 31 yo rb who has not been with the team but 1 year and has sat out much of the last couple seasons with injuries, and why would they want to install the package for this weeks game with him around anyways?C'mon people, justify it however you want, you act like he was already declared starter....which he hasn't yet.

I've been kicking around the idea of adding Dixon just about every week in my dynasty league. I figured this week it was now or never on him. I like the kid's talent. I'm drinking the Dixon cider.
You mean he isn't already on a roster or PS in your dynasty leagues ? :yucky: Can I join ? :)

install the package for this weeks game
Talk to me on Thursday. If he misses tomorrow, Ill agree.Do people not really understand that Wenesdays are not typically indicitive of playing on Sunday in the NFL?
Most waivers don't process after the games start on Thursday. You have to be ahead of the curve in situations like this. I think the shark move is to zig here while others zag.

You mean he isn't already on a roster or PS in your dynasty leagues ? :yucky: Can I join ? :)
We have an owner leaving. You want a PM? It is a 10 man league, start 2QB, with 22 man rosters. I've lobbied for bigger rosters but the others owners fear change I guess.

Would either guy have much value anyway? The Niners stink and they don't have easy matchups the rest of the way. I don't know if I'd trust either one in the fantasy playoffs. Wouldn't you be better off saving your WW priority for now?

Has it been that long since his days at Philly? Westy may be dinged & miss practice ("we talkin' practice"), but he plays.

Would either guy have much value anyway? The Niners stink and they don't have easy matchups the rest of the way. I don't know if I'd trust either one in the fantasy playoffs. Wouldn't you be better off saving your WW priority for now?
Some owners who lost Frank Gore more than likely need someone now. Also, the playoffs for most leagues start in less than two weeks. There isn't much time to wait around to see if a more attractive RB option comes along on the WW. With all the injuries teams have, I wouldn't worry about matchups. Just like on the offensive side of the ball, no defenses are completely healthy either.

Even if I had Westy, and he was practicing I would not use him this week. I do have Dixon, so I hope Westy WILL play, get injured, then I can use Dixon in the playoffs. Booyah!

via twitter:

SigmundBloom After talking to @jenebramel last night, I am becoming more convinced that Anthony Dixon is worth as much, if not more than Brian Westbrook about 1 hour ago via web

via twitter:

SigmundBloom After talking to @jenebramel last night, I am becoming more convinced that Anthony Dixon is worth as much, if not more than Brian Westbrook about 1 hour ago via web
This will vary greatly on the scoring system. In a PPR, I really don't see how Dixon would be more valuable, unless you are sure that Westbrook is missing games.

I wouldn't trust either of these guys the rest of the way unless you are desperate. Definitely not worth starting in a 10 team league like mine.

via twitter:

This will vary greatly on the scoring system. In a PPR, I really don't see how Dixon would be more valuable, unless you are sure that Westbrook is missing games.
Not sure what Sigmund meant without elaboration. Perhaps they are thinking that the time share might be shifting more into Dixon's favor.

Playing in 20 degree weather in Green Bay is only going to give Westbrook's ankle more trouble and allow Dixon a shot when it counts, home against SEA in week 14 and in the dome at STL in week 16 :)

You realize most of the people in here are desperate for RB depth at this point in the season right?
Of course, I am scouring the waiver wire myself with all the injuries. A few backs out there that have better schedules and more talent IMO. If Dixon's schedule was better I would be on the train. A lot of potential backs but everything is a little cloudy. Choose wisely because some of the fog may lift this weekend and it could be too late.
You forgot about opportunity. I'd really like to know some who have better schedules, talent, AND opportunity who are available on the waiver wire. I'm being serious. I really need one.

You forgot about opportunity. I'd really like to know some who have better schedules, talent, AND opportunity who are available on the waiver wire. I'm being serious. I really need one.
I've been loading up my roster with RB's with potential, just picked up Pierre Thomas after he was cut by his original owner. Picked up Anthony Dixon. Still sitting on Torain hoping he can make a comeback this season. Sitting on Goodson, Ivory, and Gerhart as well.

grabbed dixon off waivers today. westy went fast this week to the top pick. glad i was able to ninja this

replaced crappy aaron hernandez

How would you rank the following for rest of season:

Goodson

Dixon

J. Davis

Gerhart

Is Dixon the best of the 2nd fiddles?

I've been loading up my roster with RB's with potential, just picked up Pierre Thomas after he was cut by his original owner. Picked up Anthony Dixon. Still sitting on Torain hoping he can make a comeback this season. Sitting on Goodson, Ivory, and Gerhart as well.
Holy cow...do you actually have any good RBs? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread