What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Greatest League in Existence Has Spots Available ($100) (1 Viewer)

jek187

Footballguy
Hey guys,

We have an opening in what's probably the most fun redraft experience you can have. We have a great group, with a unique setup that's very enjoyable.

Quick look at the league setup:

12 teams

PPR

Start: 2QB/4RB/6WR/2TE/ +1RB/WR/TE Flex. NO kickers or defense. 30 man rosters.

4 point passing TDs, 6 point rushing/receiving TD

.05/passing yard, .1/rushing or receiving yard

Hosted on Yahoo.

$100 buy-in, payouts:

1st: $600

2nd: $360

3rd: $240

All payments should be via PayPal, unless other arrangements are made.

The draft is Monday, August the 29th at 7PM PDT/10PM EDT.

Most of us know each other in real life. This year we have a couple openings. It's a great group of people, and if you really want to test how deep your player pool knowledge goes, this league will be a ton of fun for you.

If you're interested, PM me here or send an email to jason.rcsd at gmail dot com.

From our league's forum, here's a post describing how I commish:

My philosophy with commishing a league is to do as little as possible.

Trades:

I do not police stupidity. The only thing I police is collusion. I think I've at least met everyone in this league, and I know most of you very well. I would be very surprised if anyone tried anything collusive (stupid on the other hand...well I more or less expect that to happen). That being said, trades are setup for commissioner approval. Feel free to bring up any concerns you have with me about any deal. If someone does try and cheat, their team will be locked, and I will set its lineup for the remainder of the year, except in weeks where it plays me where I'll have Chris (Ape####) dictate a lineup to me. Not only will their team be locked, they'll lose their buy-in, and if they're local, the rest of the league will also go kick their ###. Seriously. Although, just so nobody freaks out, I've commished lots of leagues (maybe 20, maybe more) and I've never once vetoed a deal for collusion.

Trade approval process:

95% of the trades that get done, I approve in < 12hrs. Most of the time, it's done in <2hrs. Yeah, I'm on the computer a bit. There are three potential reasons for a delay:

1) Something very odd has happened, and I don't have internet access for an extended period of time.

2) I've become suspicious of a trade, or am investigating a complaint

3) Or it's <12hrs prior to the kick-off of a game and there's at least one player involved in the trade who's currently in someone's starting lineup. The only exception to this is if both parties email, text, or call me prior to the game and give me the green light. In that case I'll put it through as soon as I can, once I've heard from both parties. Keep in mind that it's possible this may lead to an approval 5 min prior to kick-off, so be prepared if you do contact me!

Commisioner moves for another team:

There are only three reasons I'll ever modify another team. They are:

1) Collusion, as mentioned above

2) A maliciously abandoned team (as below)

3) If I receive a phone call, txt, or email from someone who can't make the move themselves, I'll make an effort to make the move for you. I offer no guarantees that I'll be able to do it, but if I receive direct contact from you, I will try to make a lineup adjustment for you.

Abandoned Teams:

First off, everyone is expected to follow their teams the whole year. Even if you're 0-12, you should be putting your best foot forward. This commitment is also part of your entry fee. This means you don't start players who are on bye or injured (unless it's intentional, it can occasionally happen with 12 teams) and you're cognizant of potential starters that can be picked up from the free agent pool.

However, should a team become abandoned, besides the owner getting 86'd from our league permanently, their lineup will be left as-is. Yes, some teams at the end of the year will get an edge by getting a game against the abandoned team, but keep in mind it's fair. It's just as likely to benefit you as it is me.

Now, if someone maliciously abandons their team (say by benching all their players or cutting a bunch of their players) I will take whatever steps are necessary to return their lineup to its original state, and then treat it as an abandoned team.

As a final note, I'm always going to choose the fairest, least intrusive solution that I can to any dispute. Most of you know me well enough to know that without me saying it, but I'm not going to ruin my reputation over a $900 prize.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still have a couple spots. Contact me soon, get your spot before some other undeserving peasant takes it!

Could have a full league right now, but some who have expressed interest are being slow to pay and join. If you can move fast, you're in!

Yahoo. I do mention that in the post, but I've had a couple emails asking the hosting site. I'll edit the OP to make it more obvious.

Got some interest to fill this up, but we're running this on a first come/pay, first serve basis. So you can still get in and close out those waffling guys!

Users who are viewing this thread