What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Green Bay at Minnesota (1 Viewer)

I think I will suggest a rule change in my league next year that a team can symbolically execute a player where they are "dead" for the season since Green Bay has successfully killed Eddie Lacy's fantasy value. 

Diggs is the man.
Diggs looked great, but he won't get to go against Randall every week.  That said, I hope the kid does well, I love when late rounders get it done on merit as opposed to Adams and Randall on the Packers who are only playing because of their draft position.

Good Game Vikings D.  Bradford looked excellent.  Packers offensive line is as bad as last year.  Adams and Randall are not good enough for big roles.  Glad the NFL is back on though! 

He was open though just a badly thrown ball there.
I assure you that throughout the course of this game that GB could have tried to focus on a far greater mismatch than Adams vs Waynes.  Adams is not the kind of player you want to count on to beat an opponent.  Yes--that ball could have been thrown better--but Adams also doesn't do much to make the life of his qb easier.  

When the Vikings used to have great offensive lines in the past it seemed like we always heard how great they graded out each week. The last number of years not so much. Oof. 

I think I will suggest a rule change in my league next year that a team can symbolically execute a player where they are "dead" for the season since Green Bay has successfully killed Eddie Lacy's fantasy value. 
It makes no sense. It's like they don't want to utilize a power back that has had a number of good runs tonight. They've gotten way too cute on O.

Haha!  Oh man, that sounds epic.  I might implement that rule, too. Pretty much any Mike Shanahan running back qualifies automatically,  right?

Vikings should be 0-2 hopefully they don't get too big of heads.

Rodgers needs to explain what has happened because he is definitely not throwing it accurately this season.

PS - yes I know they are 2-0 I am specifically saying I am surprised they have not lost both games.

Last edited by a moderator:
I assure you that throughout the course of this game that GB could have tried to focus on a far greater mismatch than Adams vs Waynes.  Adams is not the kind of player you want to count on to beat an opponent.  Yes--that ball could have been thrown better--but Adams also doesn't do much to make the life of his qb easier.  
I agree but in that particular instance it was just a ####ty throw.

Oh and you're preaching to the choir here about their play calling.  I'm done with McCarthy...Rodgers has made him look like a much better coach than he really is.

If the Vikings had committed a false start right there would the officials have run 10 seconds off of the clock, officially ending the game or does the rule only apply if you are behind in points?

So much season left.  That was a pretty poorly played game by almost everyone but Bradford surprisingly.  It will be interesting to see where these teams are in a few months.    

Last edited by a moderator:
That Vikes defense is scary. Bradford/Diggs looked sharp. OL is a concern, but the team we saw tonight looked like one that could make a run.

how about an untimed down after a grounding?
Fouls by offense that can result in an untimed down at request of the defense:

(1) illegal touching of a kick;   Note: The period may also be extended for a “first touching” violation.   (2) fair-catch interference;   (3) a palpably unfair act;   (4) a personal foul or unsportsmanlike conduct foul committed prior to an interception of a forward pass, the recovery of a backward pass or fumble, or offensive team failing to reach the line to gain on fourth down; or  (5) a foul by the kicking team prior to a player of the receiving team securing possession of the ball during a down in which there is a safety kick, a scrimmage kick, or a free kick.

If the Vikings had committed a false start right there would the officials have run 10 seconds off of the clock, officially ending the game or does the rule only apply if you are behind in points?
From the rules:

The defense always has the option to decline the 10second runoff and have the yardage penalty enforced, but if the yardage penalty is declined, the 10-second runoff is also declined.

Vikings should be 0-2 hopefully they don't get too big of heads.

Rodgers needs to explain what has happened because he is definitely not throwing it accurately this season.

PS - yes I know they are 2-0 I am specifically saying I am surprised they have not lost both games.
Ok?  

Ok I will answer my own question.

The following situations result in a 10-second game clock runoff if the team in possession of the ball is trailing or the game is tied and the team in possession of the ball has no timeouts remaining in that half. If there are 10 seconds or less left in the half or game, the half or game is ended by such runoff.

That Vikes defense is scary. Bradford/Diggs looked sharp. OL is a concern, but the team we saw tonight looked like one that could make a run.
I don't think they have the offense to compete with AZ or CAR.  They need to get their running game going 

I don't think they have the offense to compete with AZ or CAR.  They need to get their running game going 
Yeah this team will have to 'win ugly' for a few more weeks till Sam and company get totally on the same page, but...

today was an excellent ####### start. To be that ready basically in 2 weeks?

Oh and you're preaching to the choir here about their play calling.  I'm done with McCarthy...Rodgers has made him look like a much better coach than he really is.
Ive defended him...but there is no defending this now this year and going back into last year.  Rodgers has made him look good...but now even Rodgers isn't looking great.

Yeah this team will have to 'win ugly' for a few more weeks till Sam and company get totally on the same page, but...

today was an excellent ####### start. To be that ready basically in 2 weeks?
Next week at CAR will be an interesting measuring stick  

Anyone know if that was actually classified as a blocked punt? It's not showing up on any scoring, a friend told me because it went forward it wouldn't be classified as that. My game hinges on it! Lol

Ive defended him...but there is no defending this now this year and going back into last year.  Rodgers has made him look good...but now even Rodgers isn't looking great.
Yeah that's a huge problem right now.  It's early and they have time to correct things but it's not that start I was hoping for.

Anyone know if that was actually classified as a blocked punt? It's not showing up on any scoring, a friend told me because it went forward it wouldn't be classified as that. My game hinges on it! Lol
Had this issue come up in my league a few years ago. IIRC, it's only a blocked punt (or FG) if it doesn't cross the line of scrimmage. Otherwise it's only a "tipped" kick

Hats off to the Vikings. Who'dve thunk a QB on a team for a week and a half, with AP going down would take out Rodgers. He looked like poop all night. And McCarthy was dumb going for it on 4th down at the 20. If you're going to do that, give it to Lacy, not Starks. Good for Bradford, Diggs et al. 

I'm still shocked the Vikings didn't give away the game at the end.  This is rare so I'll enjoy it for the week.  Kalil is still a liability.

I'm still shocked the Vikings didn't give away the game at the end.  This is rare so I'll enjoy it for the week.  Kalil is still a liability.
Really bad. I almost feel optimistic about Clemmings or anyone else getting a shot at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread