What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Guice Dynasty Value? (1 Viewer)

TheKillerBrees

Footballguy
Following my "Should I trade down" post.

As I said, I HAD planned to draft Guice 3rd overall. That ain't happening now, BUT for a team that is in a bit of a rebuild anyway, is he still worth an early 2nd (8 team league, I have both 9th and 11th pick) or should I try holding till pick 19 and if he goes just let it happen and grab someone not injured instead? I don't mind sitting on a guy for a year, but what's he worth (For example, in a full Dynasty would you take Hynes over Guice now? Maybe one of the WR's - I suspect most if not ALL of the WR's will still be around in the 2nd)

??

FWIW, I was chatting with Bloom and Adam Harstad on Twitter and they were saying they would easily draft them top 5 in dynasty rookie drafts and maybe even still top 2.  The argument is they don't expect any rookie RB other than Barkley to make an immediate impact to be starter worthy so if you believed in his talent before, an ACL tear isn't what it used to be and he should still be very much the same player coming in to be the starter next year.

So especially if your team is in "a bit of a rebuild" you can argue to still take him at 1.03 but beyond that, the question to ask yourself is why would you draft who you think is an inferior talent for the benefit of one year of (probably) limited (probably) not starter worthy production when you are rebuilding anyway?

Is there any advantage for keeper purposes (salary cap hit, round hit) etc in getting him later?  In my league first & 2nd round picks have a salary of $10 (out of $260) and it drops to $7 for 3-5  round picks.  It is a full IDP and we only keep 15 players year to year so there are a lot of quality veterans available.  I have pick 1.06, 2.01, 3.01 and am wondering when to pull the trigger.  I am fairly certain he won't be taken in the first couple rounds but it just takes one guy to decide its worth it and he is gone. 

For you, if there is no advantage to getting him in a later round and you are rebuilding I would go ahead and pull the trigger with your 9th or 11th pick.  I probably wouldn't use the 1.03  pick as there are a few RB's I think are in solid positions that I would rather get to use right away.  If you are able to get him with the 9th pick after also getting a guy at 1.03 you will be well  on the rebuild path. 

Gally said:
Is there any advantage for keeper purposes (salary cap hit, round hit) etc in getting him later?  In my league first & 2nd round picks have a salary of $10 (out of $260) and it drops to $7 for 3-5  round picks.  It is a full IDP and we only keep 15 players year to year so there are a lot of quality veterans available.  I have pick 1.06, 2.01, 3.01 and am wondering when to pull the trigger.  I am fairly certain he won't be taken in the first couple rounds but it just takes one guy to decide its worth it and he is gone. 

For you, if there is no advantage to getting him in a later round and you are rebuilding I would go ahead and pull the trigger with your 9th or 11th pick.  I probably wouldn't use the 1.03  pick as there are a few RB's I think are in solid positions that I would rather get to use right away.  If you are able to get him with the 9th pick after also getting a guy at 1.03 you will be well  on the rebuild path. 
Straight up Dynasty, we keep everyone at no penalty, no salary cap.

I might try to trade my 3rd over all down a couple picks then. If I can grab him at 5-7, then still have 9 and 11 too ..... + whatever I get in the tarde down .... hmmm.

(gtudor - I know my league, they will be all over the QB's and will even start grabbing the top WR's before they take an injured RB - If I'm willing ot sit a year - which I am, I am rebuilding right now - I should easily get him late 1st even early 2nd)

Users who are viewing this thread