What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"Guns, Drugs, Forgery, Shoplifting and Wifebeating" The OFFICIAL Dallas Cowboys Offseason Thread - f/ Dak, Elliott, WIlson, Tucker, Carroll, Lewis, Wh (1 Viewer)

And the hits just keep coming for the Cowboys this offseason! 

COWBOYS WR LUCKY WHITEHEAD ARRESTED FOR SHOPLIFTING

Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Lucky Whitehead was arrested in Virginia in June for shoplifting -- and now a warrant has been issued for his arrest ... TMZ Sports has learned. 

The 25-year-old was busted in Prince William County, VA on June 22 for shoplifting/petit larceny under $200. We're told Whitehead allegedly took stuff from a convenience store. 

He was ordered to appear in court on July 6, but according to court records he didn't show up -- so a warrant was issued for his arrest. He's since been charged for failure to appear. 

We reached out to Whitehead's rep -- so far, no word back. 

FYI, Whitehead was undrafted but signed a 3-year $1.5 million contract with the team in 2015. 

Whitehead isn't the first Cowboys player to be accused of shoplifting -- ex-Dallas running back Joseph Randle was busted stealing cologne and mens underwear from a Texas department store in 2014. 
He wasn't making this team this year. But yeah..idiot

And the hits just keep coming for the Cowboys this offseason! 

COWBOYS WR LUCKY WHITEHEAD ARRESTED FOR SHOPLIFTING

Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Lucky Whitehead was arrested in Virginia in June for shoplifting -- and now a warrant has been issued for his arrest ... TMZ Sports has learned. 

The 25-year-old was busted in Prince William County, VA on June 22 for shoplifting/petit larceny under $200. We're told Whitehead allegedly took stuff from a convenience store. 

He was ordered to appear in court on July 6, but according to court records he didn't show up -- so a warrant was issued for his arrest. He's since been charged for failure to appear. 

We reached out to Whitehead's rep -- so far, no word back. 

FYI, Whitehead was undrafted but signed a 3-year $1.5 million contract with the team in 2015. 

Whitehead isn't the first Cowboys player to be accused of shoplifting -- ex-Dallas running back Joseph Randle was busted stealing cologne and mens underwear from a Texas department store in 2014. 
Fake news ^

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20154184/prince-william-county-police-confirm-lucky-whitehead-was-misidentified

Retraction @[icon]?

GroveDiesel said:
And yet the Cowboys still cut him and said that they cut him because of all of his constant distractions...like missing one team meeting back in December.

Meanwhile, Elliot isn't a distraction I guess.
They cut him because (among other things) there was a warrant out for his arrest. Missing a meeting :lol:

Anyway, barring injuries I think he was getting cut anyway. It's probably better for him that it happened when it did, he'll have a chance to catch on somewhere else

They cut him because (among other things) there was a warrant out for his arrest. Missing a meeting :lol:

Anyway, barring injuries I think he was getting cut anyway. It's probably better for him that it happened when it did, he'll have a chance to catch on somewhere else
Well, no, there wasn't actually. A couple of phone calls would have showed that.

Well, no, there wasn't actually. A couple of phone calls would have showed that.
They cut him because of a lot more than missing a meeting... 

Missed meetings, late to meetings, more than once because of an alleged car accident, his dog allegedly getting stolen by his GF and sold off to people who held him for ransom, late to to the Giants playoff game, this latest incident that while it wasn't him, his name and SS# were given to police. 

The number one reason he was cut is because he just isn't that good to be worth the drama. 

Elliot led the league in rushing, he's worth the drama.

Last edited by a moderator:

Missed meetings, late to meetings, more than once because of an alleged car accident, his dog allegedly getting stolen by his GF and sold off to people who held him for ransom, late to to the Giants playoff game, this latest incident that while it wasn't him, his name and SS# were given to police. 

The number one reason he was cut is because he just isn't that good to be worth the drama. 

All this and Switzer was going to take his roster spot anyway

Elliot sexually assaulted a woman, allegedly abused another woman and punched a guy in the face and sent him to the hospital. 

But yeah, being late to a few meetings is definitely the same thing.

GroveDiesel said:
Elliot sexually assaulted a woman, allegedly abused another woman and punched a guy in the face and sent him to the hospital. 

But yeah, being late to a few meetings is definitely the same thing.
WOW! It's amazing that he wasn't even charged in any of those instances. 

Im sorry the boys roughed up ol Jim Kelly and Thurman 100 years ago. Let it go Grove, let it go. 

So how is Elliot going to fare on his appeal? Mostly just asking to see if there are still any Cowboy fans who care any more on this board. It's boring without you guys.

So how is Elliot going to fare on his appeal? Mostly just asking to see if there are still any Cowboy fans who care any more on this board. It's boring without you guys.
I don't think the NFL takes months looking into Elliot without having a lot of concrete info. Could be ugly for him going for an appeal.

My question to Cowboys fans is how much is enough for you? this has been a trend for a long time, and I know in the shark pool there was discontent about Greg Hardy. you guys ok with 50% of your team being a bunch of terrible citizens or is there a point where it becomes too much. Obviously for the general public there isn't and there won't be, but wondering about some of the Cowboys fans in here if the obvious dismissal of the front office to all of this cool and fine, or will it be something you can no longer tolerate?

I don't think the NFL takes months looking into Elliot without having a lot of concrete info. Could be ugly for him going for an appeal.

My question to Cowboys fans is how much is enough for you? this has been a trend for a long time, and I know in the shark pool there was discontent about Greg Hardy. you guys ok with 50% of your team being a bunch of terrible citizens or is there a point where it becomes too much. Obviously for the general public there isn't and there won't be, but wondering about some of the Cowboys fans in here if the obvious dismissal of the front office to all of this cool and fine, or will it be something you can no longer tolerate?
Could ask you the same question.   http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/11217514/wendell-smallwood-west-virginia-mountaineers-arrested-witness-tampering-charge

What were your thoughts on Eagles signing Micheal Vick after all his history?  Every team has its screw ups.  Dallas figured they were one player away when they signed Hardy they took a risk and it failed miserably.

It seems all the Cowboys smoke weed which in the next 5-10 years will likely be legal and is much safer vs narcotic medications for pain control.  The NFL's archaic policy has robbed us of seeing the full potential of Josh Gordon, Martavis Brytant, etc.  I hate reading stories about suspensions for weed, even for rival teams.

The courts cleared Elliot after it was determined that his girlfriend was unreliable and her story kept changing.  Zeke does dumb stuff like speeding tickets and lifting girls shirt but cant say I would not be doing the same stuff if I was given millions of dollars and famous in my 20s.  I defer judgement to courts or video evidence before I characterize a player as guilty.

Could ask you the same question.   http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/11217514/wendell-smallwood-west-virginia-mountaineers-arrested-witness-tampering-charge

What were your thoughts on Eagles signing Micheal Vick after all his history?  Every team has its screw ups.  Dallas figured they were one player away when they signed Hardy they took a risk and it failed miserably.

It seems all the Cowboys smoke weed which in the next 5-10 years will likely be legal and is much safer vs narcotic medications for pain control.  The NFL's archaic policy has robbed us of seeing the full potential of Josh Gordon, Martavis Brytant, etc.  I hate reading stories about suspensions for weed, even for rival teams.

The courts cleared Elliot after it was determined that his girlfriend was unreliable and her story kept changing.  Zeke does dumb stuff like speeding tickets and lifting girls shirt but cant say I would not be doing the same stuff if I was given millions of dollars and famous in my 20s.  I defer judgement to courts or video evidence before I characterize a player as guilty.
funny enough, the bolded above was one of the main things i was thinking when i posted in here. I think Vick is a little different cause he did time for his poor choices and gave the impression he was contrite when he came out. That being said, i was definitely a less of a fan of the Eagles when he played for them. wasn't necessarily a conscious thing, but i had a hard time cheering when he scored a TD and honestly lost some interest in the team, and thus NFL overall, during his time with the Eagles. Even with him doing jail time and all of that, it just never really sat ok with me to cheer him on. I was still a big fan with the rest of the team, but the nature of the QB position made it so that i couldn't ignore or overlook him enough.

With Smallwood, i was not happy with it when they drafted him. I have heard people talk about the situation and speak about Smallwood in a postiive light, but still bothers me. it is hard to tell what is actually the case and which isn't because it seems many fans are able to make excuses for their team (speaking of the reports i heard from WVU).

Completely agree with you with the smoking weed thing, and am always annoyed when they group an issue of smoking weed in with the rest of these DV and dog fighting issues. People talked about Josh Gordon coming to Philly before this off-season and i remember discussing this ad nauseum. 

as for Elliot and the court not making anything of it, i dont hold much weight to that. Domestic violence is tricky when it comes to the courts and convictions, but for me all the pictures of his girlfriend were good enough to make me think he has some growing up along with other issues. Really bothers me how he says he is "disappointed" with the NFL after the veridct when those pictures and everything else came out. seems a lot of these guys could use some help understanding how this looks for the public eye. 

But my question is when you have multiple players like this on your team, how much can you overlook. For me, i don't know my own answer, but i did realize with the Vick stuff that i wouldn't be able to simply overlook it and that it did wear on me. i do think there isn't a clear answer for everybody, but i also think every fan should think about it for themselves. If people can overlook all of these issues and having multiple players on the team who seem like crappy citizens, then so be it. But i also think people should take an honest look at themselves and this and really think about what they stand for and if it fine with them to cheer and encourage people who suck at being a citizen. 

Sorry but.... :lmao:

I assume you're an eagles fan?

funny enough, the bolded above was one of the main things i was thinking when i posted in here. I think Vick is a little different cause he did time for his poor choices and gave the impression he was contrite when he came out. That being said, i was definitely a less of a fan of the Eagles when he played for them. wasn't necessarily a conscious thing, but i had a hard time cheering when he scored a TD and honestly lost some interest in the team, and thus NFL overall, during his time with the Eagles. Even with him doing jail time and all of that, it just never really sat ok with me to cheer him on. I was still a big fan with the rest of the team, but the nature of the QB position made it so that i couldn't ignore or overlook him enough.

With Smallwood, i was not happy with it when they drafted him. I have heard people talk about the situation and speak about Smallwood in a postiive light, but still bothers me. it is hard to tell what is actually the case and which isn't because it seems many fans are able to make excuses for their team (speaking of the reports i heard from WVU).

Completely agree with you with the smoking weed thing, and am always annoyed when they group an issue of smoking weed in with the rest of these DV and dog fighting issues. People talked about Josh Gordon coming to Philly before this off-season and i remember discussing this ad nauseum. 

as for Elliot and the court not making anything of it, i dont hold much weight to that. Domestic violence is tricky when it comes to the courts and convictions, but for me all the pictures of his girlfriend were good enough to make me think he has some growing up along with other issues. Really bothers me how he says he is "disappointed" with the NFL after the veridct when those pictures and everything else came out. seems a lot of these guys could use some help understanding how this looks for the public eye. 

But my question is when you have multiple players like this on your team, how much can you overlook. For me, i don't know my own answer, but i did realize with the Vick stuff that i wouldn't be able to simply overlook it and that it did wear on me. i do think there isn't a clear answer for everybody, but i also think every fan should think about it for themselves. If people can overlook all of these issues and having multiple players on the team who seem like crappy citizens, then so be it. But i also think people should take an honest look at themselves and this and really think about what they stand for and if it fine with them to cheer and encourage people who suck at being a citizen. 
To each his own.  Are you in any way swayed that his girlfriend was involved in a bar fight the night before and the bruises could be from that?  Are you just going to disregard her statements that he is black man and she is white woman and no one will believe a word he says or texts to her friends asking them to change their stories? 

Sorry but.... :lmao:

I assume you're an eagles fan?
difference with the Cowboys is that it is a trend. Eagles have had 2 players that stand out as having off-field issues over the last 10 years. It seems like vice versa with the Cowboys having 10 players over 2 years, and i think it is a fair questions every fan should ask themselves regarding if this is something they are fine with and there isn't a line that a team/front office can cross where you would question your allegiance to that team

To each his own.  Are you in any way swayed that his girlfriend was involved in a bar fight the night before and the bruises could be from that?  Are you just going to disregard her statements that he is black man and she is white woman and no one will believe a word he says or texts to her friends asking them to change their stories? 
Zeke is one player, Cowboys have multiple. and if you think the bruises she showed are from a bar fight then we won't go far with this. I am not saying he is guilty or not, but why is that the Cowboys have multiple players who need adults to follow them around so they don't get into trouble and pretty much no other team needs that? i would say it comes from the top down, and good old Jerry Jones could care less how many of his players beat women because it is fine with him, as long as they can play. 

Zeke is one player, Cowboys have multiple. and if you think the bruises she showed are from a bar fight then we won't go far with this. I am not saying he is guilty or not, but why is that the Cowboys have multiple players who need adults to follow them around so they don't get into trouble and pretty much no other team needs that? i would say it comes from the top down, and good old Jerry Jones could care less how many of his players beat women because it is fine with him, as long as they can play. 
Jourdan Lewis was found not guilty, same with Zeke.  Hardy was given second chance and Joseph Randle was cut despite talent he showed on field when he was found guilty.  Am I missing any other cases?

Jourdan Lewis was found not guilty, same with Zeke.  Hardy was given second chance and Joseph Randle was cut despite talent he showed on field when he was found guilty.  Am I missing any other cases?
i honestly don't know, but i think this thread lists some. just think it is fair to ask fans to take an honest look and see if there is a line. it looks like Cowboys' fans in here don't feel like they are close to it, and i guess so be it. i thought i could overlook Vick's off-field and i found i couldn't completely disregard

i honestly don't know, but i think this thread lists some. just think it is fair to ask fans to take an honest look and see if there is a line. it looks like Cowboys' fans in here don't feel like they are close to it, and i guess so be it. i thought i could overlook Vick's off-field and i found i couldn't completely disregard
I missed the Damien Wilson arrest.  If he is convicted of brandishing weapon and and intimidating a woman I am sure he will be disciplined appropriately both by the league and cowboys.  The Zeke bar fight was sensationalism reporting,after the facts came out multiple bystanders confirmed he was not the assaulter.  Did you want my opinion on Dak fake autograph thing to?  Honestly this thread was a troll attempt at cowboys hence Torrin Tucker article.  He played for 2 years early in his career (2003-2005) and then for Bucs, Raiders, and Arena football league and somehow this falls on Cowboys team?  

difference with the Cowboys is that it is a trend. Eagles have had 2 players that stand out as having off-field issues over the last 10 years. It seems like vice versa with the Cowboys having 10 players over 2 years, and i think it is a fair questions every fan should ask themselves regarding if this is something they are fine with and there isn't a line that a team/front office can cross where you would question your allegiance to that team
"Over 50% of the team" ???

Cmon man....

"data collected by reddit"  that is some sweet research there
My question to Eagles fans is how much is enough for you? this has been a trend for a long time, and I know in the shark pool there was discontent about Michael VIck. you guys ok with 50% of your team being a bunch of terrible citizens or is there a point where it becomes too much. Obviously for the general public there isn't and there won't be, but wondering about some of the Eagles fans in here if the obvious dismissal of the front office to all of this cool and fine, or will it be something you can no longer tolerate?

My question to Eagles fans is how much is enough for you? this has been a trend for a long time, and I know in the shark pool there was discontent about Michael VIck. you guys ok with 50% of your team being a bunch of terrible citizens or is there a point where it becomes too much. Obviously for the general public there isn't and there won't be, but wondering about some of the Eagles fans in here if the obvious dismissal of the front office to all of this cool and fine, or will it be something you can no longer tolerate?
i think the article you found points the whole point of this thread. You don't see other teams scrambling to find a way to say "look, our team is not as bad as yours". Can we at least agree that reddit is not a reliable source for this data? we could gather it but i have no idea who the players are that are being cited in that article, and it is about the laziest piece of writing i can honestly say i have seen. 

i have owned the Vick and Smallwood thing, and have had to figure out for myself what can i overlook and when it is too much. Seems Cowboys fans are not even close to that and all they want to do is ignore any issues with the team and simply overlook concerns. that is fine, and being a fan is what you want it to be, i guess

i think the article you found points the whole point of this thread. You don't see other teams scrambling to find a way to say "look, our team is not as bad as yours". Can we at least agree that reddit is not a reliable source for this data? we could gather it but i have no idea who the players are that are being cited in that article, and it is about the laziest piece of writing i can honestly say i have seen. 

i have owned the Vick and Smallwood thing, and have had to figure out for myself what can i overlook and when it is too much. Seems Cowboys fans are not even close to that and all they want to do is ignore any issues with the team and simply overlook concerns. that is fine, and being a fan is what you want it to be, i guess
If you have other sources that dispute the Reddit claim by all means show your work.  This story is on the USA Today website so its been vetted/checked.  You said 50% of the Cowboys team are terrible citizens (would love to see how you came to this conclusion), I replied with an article showing the Eagles have had more arrests than the Cowboys.  I dont know what more you want me to say.  I think Hardy signing was a huge mistake but Jerry loves to gamble and ultimately thought a super bowl was within reach.  If a guy is found guilty in the courts by all means kick him off the team or have some sort of plan/punishment in place.  I have shown you examples of cowboys players who have been kicked off the team after convictions. 

If you have other sources that dispute the Reddit claim by all means show your work.  This story is on the USA Today website so its been vetted/checked.  You said 50% of the Cowboys team are terrible citizens (would love to see how you came to this conclusion), I replied with an article showing the Eagles have had more arrests than the Cowboys.  I dont know what more you want me to say.  I think Hardy signing was a huge mistake but Jerry loves to gamble and ultimately thought a super bowl was within reach.  If a guy is found guilty in the courts by all means kick him off the team or have some sort of plan/punishment in place.  I have shown you examples of cowboys players who have been kicked off the team after convictions. 
i honestly don't know where i would say 50% of Cowboys fans are bad people and if i did that is not accurate. think what you will about the Eagles, every fan should take a look and honestly think to themselves how much is too much. seems like Cowboys' fans have no intention to do that and that is fine. would be liberating to just not care

Last edited by a moderator:
Zekes ex sounds lovely.

Among the quoted threats:

▪ After being told Elliott didn’t want her at his house on July 21 and he didn’t want her coming out with him, Thompson responded with: “Ok this is what you want? Ok then, I’m going to ruin your life. You will see. If I was you, I wouldn’t go out tonight.”

▪ After being told she couldn’t come Elliott’s 21st birthday party, Thompson told him “that’s worst decision you made in your life. I’m going to ruin you life now.”

▪ The report also details a text message in which Thompson told Elliott: “You better be smart. And not be a dumb man. B----, keep (messing) with the wrong, b----.”

▪ After not being allowed into the after party, Thompson was heard yelling and screaming that “your career is over” and then proceeded to call the police.

▪  Elliott is also “100 percent certain” that Thompson told him on July 22, “You are a black male athlete. I’m a white girl. They are not going to believe you.”

Per the documents, Friel was unable to give an clear endorsement of Thompson’s credibility because she repeatedly misled investigators.

The above threats were made on July 21 and the early morning of July 22, the date Thompson called police accusing Elliott of assaulting her while they were in a parked vehicle.

Zekes ex sounds lovely.

Among the quoted threats:

▪ After being told Elliott didn’t want her at his house on July 21 and he didn’t want her coming out with him, Thompson responded with: “Ok this is what you want? Ok then, I’m going to ruin your life. You will see. If I was you, I wouldn’t go out tonight.”

▪ After being told she couldn’t come Elliott’s 21st birthday party, Thompson told him “that’s worst decision you made in your life. I’m going to ruin you life now.”

▪ The report also details a text message in which Thompson told Elliott: “You better be smart. And not be a dumb man. B----, keep (messing) with the wrong, b----.”

▪ After not being allowed into the after party, Thompson was heard yelling and screaming that “your career is over” and then proceeded to call the police.

▪  Elliott is also “100 percent certain” that Thompson told him on July 22, “You are a black male athlete. I’m a white girl. They are not going to believe you.”

Per the documents, Friel was unable to give an clear endorsement of Thompson’s credibility because she repeatedly misled investigators.

The above threats were made on July 21 and the early morning of July 22, the date Thompson called police accusing Elliott of assaulting her while they were in a parked vehicle.
just out of curiosity then, why do you think the NFL gave him a 6 game suspension? the NFL has taken loads of heat on their inconsistencies with giving these out, and what did Ray Rice get? I think it was only like 2 games (honestly don't remember), but wondering why the NFL would have taken so long to render a decision and levy it at 6 games if it seems grey as to what occurred

and i have to say, seeing some other Cowboys sites, i am absolutely flabbergasted at how much i see the "black male, white girl" thing brought up. It is like the state of Texas has never seen an inter-racial couple before and is like 60 years behind the other parts of the country where a black male/white girl, or vice vera, isn't something out of the ordinary. Just seems weird to me and i have seen it more then i think i have ever seen it before

just out of curiosity then, why do you think the NFL gave him a 6 game suspension? the NFL has taken loads of heat on their inconsistencies with giving these out, and what did Ray Rice get? I think it was only like 2 games (honestly don't remember), but wondering why the NFL would have taken so long to render a decision and levy it at 6 games if it seems grey as to what occurred

and i have to say, seeing some other Cowboys sites, i am absolutely flabbergasted at how much i see the "black male, white girl" thing brought up. It is like the state of Texas has never seen an inter-racial couple before and is like 60 years behind the other parts of the country where a black male/white girl, or vice vera, isn't something out of the ordinary. Just seems weird to me and i have seen it more then i think i have ever seen it before
Because domestic = 6 games now. That wasn't the case when Rice got in trouble

Users who are viewing this thread