What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

H-values and auctions (1 Viewer)

Terpfan

Footballguy
I recently saw mention of an H-value by Maurile Tremblay, based on conversation from Dan Hindery, and I am wondering if it has any value when analyzing regular auctions rather than DFS. It seems you would take the Points / Auction value and then multiply it by (Points * 1.73) to get the H-value. How would I use this H-value if trying to determine an optimal lineup for my auction? Could this be used to generate a better auction value per player?

On a side note, it would seem the auction value generated by DD would have a consistent value when VBD / Auction value, since the value is the point rate * the VBD. However, I can see the #6 and #7 QBs with the same VBD having a difference of $1.28. The auctions.csv file has 1 for every position/rank, weekly weights are all 1 and no use of strength of schedule. I thought the auction value was consistently applied, so I did not understand if the H-value would be of any use, but it seems the auction values in DD are different, so the H-value may be able to tell me better "values".

Users who are viewing this thread