What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Harbaugh's ego (1 Viewer)

Schefter tweet:

One NFL source convinced Raiders are the favorite to trade for HC Jim Harbaugh, but Jets also known to be keeping a close eye on situation.

Harbaugh agreed to the Michigan job last time before backing out for the 49ers job. A large part of the backing out, depending on who you ask, was the presence of former Michigan AD Dave Brandon. Brandon was basically the AD version of Harbaugh. Not a good match in terms of personalities. This time around, Michigan's interim AD in place is a good friend of Jim's dad.

I tend to think Harbaugh stays in the NFL, but I disagree with ego being used as a positive only for the NFL. He knows he is wanted desperately at Michigan. If he turned that program around to winning championships again, there would be statues of Harbaugh, streets and buildings named after him, etc.

Will be very interesting to see how it plays out.

Would Harbaugh "retire" if the 49er's traded him?

The 49er's brass and Harbaugh are already on bad terms, I am pretty sure that he feels like he deserves to pick where he can go to coach because of the success he has had, and he is probably going to want more control over player personnel decisions and trading him would cost a draft pick or two and take away assets right as he is coming in. He also has the college angle, the 49ers trade him and he just says nope I am taking the job at Michigan, or Florida or whatever high profile job he wants.

Is any of this possible?

The 49er's brass and Harbaugh are already on bad terms, I am pretty sure that he feels like he deserves to pick where he can go to coach because of the success he has had, and he is probably going to want more control over player personnel decisions and trading him would cost a draft pick or two and take away assets right as he is coming in. He also has the college angle, the 49ers trade him and he just says nope I am taking the job at Michigan, or Florida or whatever high profile job he wants.

Is any of this possible?
Yes, he'd have to be on board. Any coaching receiving him would want him to be on board anyways. Doubt he'd want to go to Oakland although they'd 100% give him full control over personnel which he probably wants, plus his wife is rumored to want to stay in California.

Is any of this possible?
Yes, he'd have to be on board. Any coaching receiving him would want him to be on board anyways. Doubt he'd want to go to Oakland although they'd 100% give him full control over personnel which he probably wants, plus his wife is rumored to want to stay in California.
I don't see him getting traded then. The 49er's would grant him permission to talk to other teams to work out a long term deal and he would probably just say to which ever team he picked "lets wait it out and not lose a draft pick, there is no way in hell they are bringing me back to coach next year" For Harbaugh, it would be a way to give the 49ers the middle finger for letting him go after all the success he has had.

Is any of this possible?
I don't see him getting traded then. The 49er's would grant him permission to talk to other teams to work out a long term deal and he would probably just say to which ever team he picked "lets wait it out and not lose a draft pick, there is no way in hell they are bringing me back to coach next year" For Harbaugh, it would be a way to give the 49ers the middle finger for letting him go after all the success he has had.
Totally agree with you. There's a reason coaches are rarely traded in the NFL, and at a much slower clip than players (even factoring in that there are only 32 HC's and 64 coordinators).

Drummer, have you ever, in you life, admitted you were wrong? Ever? Cause Kaep looks lost. I think you are wrong.
Again, in starting in less than two seasons, he has now a 4-2 post season record. The two losses are a few plays short of making two comebacks.

I give him credit for being more of a project QB than a polished Pro Ready QB for at least achieving that.
This is scarily similar to the things people said about Sanchez.
You got Sanchez out of that?
Wow. Butt fumble is legitimately better than Kaep right now. Team wants Harbaugh gone. Wow.

Drummer, have you ever, in you life, admitted you were wrong? Ever? Cause Kaep looks lost. I think you are wrong.
Again, in starting in less than two seasons, he has now a 4-2 post season record. The two losses are a few plays short of making two comebacks.

I give him credit for being more of a project QB than a polished Pro Ready QB for at least achieving that.
This is scarily similar to the things people said about Sanchez.
You got Sanchez out of that?
Wow. Butt fumble is legitimately better than Kaep right now. Team wants Harbaugh gone. Wow.
How you logged into a football site is beyond me.

No, no he isn't. Not even the best coach at his family reunion.
Wrong.
Scoreboard
:lmao:

Basing it on one game? Nice sample size.

Jim brought Stanford from nothing to a national power. Then he brought the 49ers from nothing into a perennial title contender. John was a special teams coach who lucked into a gig coaching a ready-to-win defense led by Suggs, Lewis and Reed. Know your history.
When Jim wins the Super Bowl, Sabertool will bump this to make a point and rub it in your face.

Yes, I said when Jim wins the Super Bowl.
I bumped it early. Congrats you were right all along. No wait, the other thing.

Do you still think he's going to win a Super Bowl ever? He's a blowhard. He revolutionized the game so much that it passed HIM by.

Problem isn't Harbaugh, it's Kaep.
It's the FO. Harbaugh has done more with Kaep than Mooch had with Garcia. Garcia is the last QB in SF to post great numbers. Who did he have? Jerry Rice and Terrell Owens at one point.

Show me two 49er WR's who match them on this current team.

Do you still think he's going to win a Super Bowl ever? He's a blowhard. He revolutionized the game so much that it passed HIM by.
He's been to three straight NFC Championship games and nearly won a Super Bowl in his first three years. Pretty sure you are overreacting just a little bit here.

He's been to three straight NFC Championship games and nearly won a Super Bowl in his first three years. Pretty sure you are overreacting just a little bit here.
He's a Packer fan. You ever see Packer fans arrive at an airport? It's like they carry extra luggage in their stretch pants.

In 2005, the 49ers were 30th in points scored. Mike McCarthy was the OC. His QBs? Tim Rattay and Alex Smith.

It's the FO. Harbaugh has done more with Kaep than Mooch had with Garcia. Garcia is the last QB in SF to post great numbers. Who did he have? Jerry Rice and Terrell Owens at one point.

So the 49ers don't have 2 of the best WRs of all time on their team? Ok, show me any team in the NFL right now who has two WRs who match them on their current team...

So the 49ers don't have 2 of the best WRs of all time on their team? Ok, show me any team in the NFL right now who has two WRs who match them on their current team...
You forget that the 49ers used the same basic scheme since Bill Walsh then, but go on.

Uh, yeah.... as a Raider fan, I'll take that kind of "moral victory" every GD year, thank you.
Still think Harbaugh is better than McCarthy?
100%.

How do you figure each of them would do if they were forced to swap QBs?
The QB isn't the issue in SF. I keep harping on that, but then again, Raiderfan and who runs the Raider FO over the past futile seasons seem to have a disconnect.

Uh, yeah.... as a Raider fan, I'll take that kind of "moral victory" every GD year, thank you.
100%.How do you figure each of them would do if they were forced to swap QBs?
The QB isn't the issue in SF. I keep harping on that, but then again, Raiderfan and who runs the Raider FO over the past futile seasons seem to have a disconnect.

If Al Davis were still alive, he'd covet Kaepernick. Hell, he drafted a K in the first round. Some still say that was a genius move. Ask Raider Mort.

100%.

You are delusional.

roboto is so drunk on an SF loss to where the L on his forehead is so bright that drivers are flashing their headlights at him.

100%.

You are delusional.
Go to bed hornet.

roboto is so drunk on an SF loss to where the L on his forehead is so bright that drivers are flashing their headlights at him.
This is embarrassing. Go to bed.

Users who are viewing this thread