What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Harrington to be cut? (1 Viewer)

P Boy

Footballguy
The Harrington to be cut rumor is being circulated today pretty heavily on the sports talk shows (okay, heavily is admittedly a stretch when it comes to someone like Harrington).

Confession - I have Harrington on my dynasty roster because I though the Lions' O was going to be a whole lot better & I was able top consolidate Garcia, Harrington, & Orlovsky as a group on my roster as a #2 QB (what a disaster that turned out to be, but at least I didn't have to start any of them much).

Having seen Harrington play more than I'd like, I am fairly assured that he isn't starting NFL QB material for all but the most woefully QB-undermanned teams.

Is there any redeeming factor about this guy that would make anyone think that he can actually be a decent NFL QB? I need some significant convincing...

The Harrington to be cut rumor is being circulated today pretty heavily on the sports talk shows (okay, heavily is admittedly a stretch when it comes to someone like Harrington).

Confession - I have Harrington on my dynasty roster because I though the Lions' O was going to be a whole lot better & I was able top consolidate Garcia, Harrington, & Orlovsky as a group on my roster as a #2 QB (what a disaster that turned out to be, but at least I didn't have to start any of them much).

Having seen Harrington play more than I'd like, I am fairly assured that he isn't starting NFL QB material for all but the most woefully QB-undermanned teams.

Is there any redeeming factor about this guy that would make anyone think that he can actually be a decent NFL QB? I need some significant convincing...
At least you only traded me J.P. Losman and Kelly Holcomb for him.

Is there any redeeming factor about this guy that would make anyone think that he can actually be a decent NFL QB?  I need some significant convincing...
LOL. I'm still trying to figure out who got screwed more in that deal. :lmao:

Is there any redeeming factor about this guy that would make anyone think that he can actually be a decent NFL QB?  I need some significant convincing...
LOL. I'm still trying to figure out who got screwed more in that deal. :lmao:
I was wondering that same thing. :unsure:

There are so many other better prospects including even any of the top rookies QB's that will be drafted that I find it hard to imagine a situation where he could land that would tempt me into having him on my roster in even a larger dynasty league.But I do know that some people might trade you JJ Arrington for him.

But I do know that some people might trade you JJ Arrington for him.
:X That #### ain't funny. ;) Geez, I'm not sure which player has less upside, Harrington or Arrington.

He'll land somewhere next year for sure. Hell if Ryan Leaf got a second chance then Harrington definitely will. IMO he'll be a career backup and not worth keeping unless you hold the starter for whatever team he's on and you want the injury insurance.

When he snapped and started spewing the nobody likes me crap he went from a guy that might benefit from a new team and turn it around while he is still young to a guy that will never be trusted to run a team. No coach is going to trust his team to a crybaby.

Last edited by a moderator:
He'll land somewhere next year for sure. Hell if Ryan Leaf got a second chance then Harrington definitely will. IMO he'll be a career backup and not worth keeping unless you hold the starter for whatever team he's on and you want the injury insurance.
Yep, I think you about nailed it. He'd have to land with a team who screws the pooch on their top QB (injury, suspension, TO-like demeanor) or drafts a guy who is projected highly at QB and ends up being a turd to have any real value.

Yep, I think you about nailed it. He'd have to land with a team who screws the pooch on their top QB (injury, suspension, TO-like demeanor) or drafts a guy who is projected highly at QB and ends up being a turd to have any real value.
Hey wait. Maybe the Lion will.. Oh nevermind.

He'll land somewhere next year for sure.  Hell if Ryan Leaf got a second chance then Harrington definitely will.  IMO he'll be a career backup and not worth keeping unless you hold the starter for whatever team he's on and you want the injury insurance.
Nope. Leaf was an immature jerk with the press and with the fans. That is forgivable in the world of sport by ones team mates.Harrington cried that nobody loves him. He will never have the respect of his team mates. He can never lead men now. He is done. Too bad too as he had a rough road in Detroit. He was young and may have had the tools to perform under the right circumstances. Now he is emotionally damaged and new team mates will never trust him. In our society the emotionally fragile are always suspect and shunned. No where is that more true than in sport. New team mates can accept a guy who committed a felony, tore his team apart over contract issues, or wasted a season over drugs or woman problems. They just cannot abide a percieved weakling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though the Lions are rid of him and I don't have to hold out hope, I still think Harrington has some potential. He can throw the ball down the field accurately when given time. His big weakness is that he's horrible at handling pressure and is too quick to dump the ball off. I think if he goes to a team with a good line, he could be decent.

Kansas City would be a good situation for him if they are still interested. If he can establish himself as a solid backup now, he could take over for Trent Green in a couple years.

Sing us a song, you're the piano man

Sing us a song tonight

Well, we're all in the mood for a melody

And you've got us feelin' alright

Now Joey at the bar is a friend of mine

He gets me my drinks for free

And he's quick with a joke or to light up your smoke

But there's someplace that he'd rather be

He says, "bill, I believe this is killing me."

As the smile ran away from his face

"Well I'm sure that I could be a Football star

If I could get out of this place"