What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Have you ever skipped watching a Super Bowl? (1 Viewer)

Yes, this one. Will be playing golf, then poker as i have no interest in watching two teams i hate
Hate?
You're right, i dont particularly hate the Steelers organization. They're built on loyalty, toughness, and hard work. Its the Steelers fans that i hate. Bunch of do nothing, low class, loud mouth, jerkarses who think that they are kings on earth because they have a good football team. Generally speaking of course

Yes, this one. Will be playing golf, then poker as i have no interest in watching two teams i hate
Hate?
You're right, i dont particularly hate the Steelers organization. They're built on loyalty, toughness, and hard work. Its the Steelers fans that i hate. Bunch of do nothing, low class, loud mouth, jerkarses who think that they are kings on earth because they have a good football team. Generally speaking of course
Thats funny.....I was thinking the exact same thing about Eagles fans. Generally speaking of course............ :)

BuddyKnuckles said:
Hate?
Of course.

Never skipped, but I did watch the Rams-Titans Super Bowl a few hours after it was played. I went to Six Flags Magic Mountain that day, and there were no lines at all on any rides. It was pretty cool and I'd do it again. (And we actually avoided hearing anything about the game until we got home and watched it.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I signed up to join the Navy in August of 1990. I told my recruiter that I wanted my first day to be the Monday after the Superbowl.

The papers were signed and I was scheduled to leave for bootcamp on the last monday in January.

Too bad I didn't know before I went to sign up that the NFL had decided to go to a 17 week season that year, thus moving the Superbowl back a week. :pickle:

I was on my sixth day of Boot Camp and missed the Redskins-Bills Superbowl with "wide right". :useless:

I signed up to join the Navy in August of 1990. I told my recruiter that I wanted my first day to be the Monday after the Superbowl.

The papers were signed and I was scheduled to leave for bootcamp on the last monday in January.

Too bad I didn't know before I went to sign up that the NFL had decided to go to a 17 week season that year, thus moving the Superbowl back a week. :lmao:

I was on my sixth day of Boot Camp and missed the Redskins-Bills Superbowl with "wide right". :confused:
You mean Giants / Bills?

Last edited by a moderator:
Began watching the Super Bowl in '84 (9ers/Dolphins). Rabid football fan since '88. I missed the Desmond Howard Bowl while in boot camp in '97. Started drinking too early and fell asleep during halftime of the Rams/Titans, but woke up for the last 10 (game clock) minutes. Was working during the Pats/Cats bowl, but had the game (with no sound) on a monitor off to the side to try and keep tabs, but missed more than I saw.

First Super Bowl I remember watching was XIII Steelers/Cowboys. After the game I spent an hour outside in the dark (and snow) practicing my Lynn Swann catch (and wanted to be a WR ever since).

I almost missed last year's game after realizing I would be in South America for Carnaval. But we were able to find a gringo bar ahead of time and watched the game there.

Users who are viewing this thread