What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

HBO Hard Knocks 2023 - Miami Dolphins to be featured on HBO's 'Hard Knocks In Season' (1 Viewer)

Yeah, if Rodgers goes to the Jets I would think they'll be the selection. Combination of a BIG story plus a team with several young, charismatic stars (Sauce, Wilson). Plenty of other stories they could feature as well (Hall's rehab, Becton's health, possibly Q Williams contract negotiations...although hopefully we dont get there)

As a television watcher, it would be obviously be fun for me to watch (assuming it doesn't devolve into a total trainwreck). But as a fan of the team hopefully winning, I'd obviously be against it.

Teams tend to have a lot of editorial sway with hard knocks right? If they choose the Jets it might be a test pattern for 6 episodes given how much Rodgers loves to control the narrative.

-QG

Whichever one has the most charismatic coach. That's what made the show watchable last season.
HBO should still be paying Dan Campbell for what he did for their ratings last year.

Lions are a tough act to follow. If I was the NFL/HBO, I would be looking for some kind of loophole to allow them to go back to Detroit again.
The Lions should be paying HBO, and Campbell, for how many new Lions fans they generated.

I bleed Silver and Black but Dan Campbell made me a big Lions fan last year and I'm rooting for them to make the SB this year...and lose 1 billion to 2 to my Raiders.

Where did up-downs come from? Since I was a kid they’ve always been down-ups.
I’ve heard both but up-downs is the most common name I’ve experienced
But it doesn't make sense! The event is 1) down, then 2) back up. If the event were up then down, it could theoretically start days/weeks/months earlier for your initial "up". Then on your last up-down, you would end up walking around town in the up position.

"Hey Bob, you ever going to finish that up-down you got going there?"

Baffling!

But it doesn't make sense! The event is 1) down, then 2) back up. If the event were up then down, it could theoretically start days/weeks/months earlier for your initial "up". Then on your last up-down, you would end up walking around town in the up position.

But you start in an up position and then move to a down position?

But you start in an up position and then move to a down position?
Then you’re stuck on the ground indefinitely?

Baffling!
Is it? Which position do you start from?

I can't say I have @Ilov80s experience but I lived in Michigan for three years and I have heard many bizarre things like calling something "pop" when it's clearly and inarguably "soda" (FACT! get over it). But I have never heard this particular calisthenic called a "down-up". Unless you're a snake, or a slug or have witnessed a mass sea sponge migration you start in the up position. Ergo, it's an up-down.

If you want to make it complicated then each session would have to be individually named by the number of reps. "Okay everyone let's do up-down-up-down-up-down-up-down-up-down-up-down-up-down-up-down-up-down-up-down-up-down-WATER!!"

Baffling!

I can't say I have @Ilov80s experience but I lived in Michigan for three years and I have heard many bizarre things like calling something "pop" when it's clearly and inarguably "soda" (FACT! get over it). But I have never heard this particular calisthenic called a "down-up". Unless you're a snake, or a slug or have witnessed a mass sea sponge migration you start in the up position. Ergo, it's an up-down.

If you want to make it complicated then each session would have to be individually named by the number of reps. "Okay everyone let's do up-down-up-down-up-down-up-down-up-down-up-down-up-down-up-down-up-down-up-down-up-down-WATER!!"

And it is indeed "pop", though I won't die on that hill like I will down-up.

Baffling!

The operative point is you would end up dying on each hill.

Soda>Pop
Up-Down>Down-Up

Those are facts, sorry. You're a good person, I hope you choose to live.

Baffling!

The operative point is you would end up dying on each hill.

Soda>Pop
Up-Down>Down-Up

Those are facts, sorry. You're a good person, I hope you choose to live.

I'm going with pop and up-downs.

Jets- for the diva Rogers show
Bears- because they are Da' Bearss
Washington- I do not know why
Saints- Who is on that team anyway?

Whoever it is will not live up to the Lions season.

@NFL_DovKleiman

Report: NFL Films reached out to the #Lions to do 'Hard Knocks' for the second consecutive season, per @detroitnews

The NFL is apparently struggling to find a team willing to do Hard Knocks this season.They can force the #Jets, , #Commanders or #Bears to do it but they're facing resistance from those teams.

FWIW the Lions team president said they had no interest in doing it a second year in a row (TC or in-season.) While overall it was a very positive experience for the franchise in 2022, it is a bit of a distraction and they'd prefer to not deal with it during a season they expect to be competing for a division title.

@NFL_DovKleiman

Report: NFL Films reached out to the #Lions to do 'Hard Knocks' for the second consecutive season, per @detroitnews

The NFL is apparently struggling to find a team willing to do Hard Knocks this season.They can force the #Jets, , #Commanders or #Bears to do it but they're facing resistance from those teams.
Wonder why the Saints can't be forced to? As a Saints fan I wouldn't necessarily mind seeing them on it, just for the extra Saints content it would provide but I get that they would probably be uninteresting or underwhelming to the majority of NFL fans.

Jets would certainly be the most interesting. I saw a report the Hard Knocks producers wanted to cove the Lions again this year- don't blame them.

Packers CEO Mark Murphy thinks it is the Jets: https://www.packers.com/news/mt5-training-camp-is-special-time-of-year-in-green-bay

A question from Tom
I don't have a question today, just a comment. No "Hard Knocks" … ever, never, ever. Fight it tooth and nail, I don't want to see this travesty in Green Bay. If asked, it's a hard "no." No compromise. No, "Yes we'll do it in exchange for … " Never, ever, never.
Let me get this straight, Tom, you don't think we should ever appear on "Hard Knocks"? "Hard Knocks" is a great show and gives fans an inside look at a team's training camp. It also provides good publicity for the team. The downside is that it can be a distraction and teams are concerned that other teams can learn information from the show. The best thing to do if you don't want to be on "Hard Knocks" is to make the playoffs every year. The league (and HBO) can only require a team to appear on "Hard Knocks" if they have failed to make the playoffs two years in a row. I'm anxious to see the Jets and the many ex-Packers on "Hard Knocks" this summer – should be very entertaining.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports the Jets will be the latest team featured on Hard Knocks this offseason.
Aaron Rodgers’ first training camp with the Jets will be documented for all to see, as the team was announced on Wednesday as the latest participant in HBO’s series Hard Knocks. Head coach Robert Saleh requested his team not be featured earlier this offseason, but with only a limited number of qualified/interesting teams, the Jets were somewhat of a no-brainer. The Jets were last featured on the show in 2010 when head coach Rex Ryan and quarterback Mark Sanchez were the face of the team. Ryan’s performance on the series was one of the more memorable ones we’ve seen from a coach in the show’s 18-year history, setting the bar high for Saleh and Rodgers this season.

Users who are viewing this thread