What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Head-to-Head game already won (1 Viewer)

What say you?

• Yes, play the player and win going away.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, no bench him. One in the hand is worth two in the bush.

• Depends (explain below)

• Total voters

Harry Beanbag

Sausage King of Chicago
This is not a cleverly disguised WDIS thread. This is trying to gauge what is the shark play here.

If your team is on the winning end of a head-to-head match up heading into MNF and you have a player or players yet to play, do you bench them in case they get negative points and essentially lose the game for you? The odds that someone will register one catch, fumble the ball and not return to the game are pretty slim but with your game already in hand, do you even risk it?

There should be a rule in your league to penalize people who don't start players at all positions (either automatic L or $$). If, however, you league specifically decided to not have that rule...

If you don't have a reason to get points on Monday night (i.e. there is no reward for total points, weekly points, etc) then sit your players.

I guess if it's a H2H league, and it's close and you can get negative points, and can instead generate a zero, it makes some sense.

I'd think the potential positives from scoring more like tie-breaks, and weekly prizes, high score for year, etc. would out weigh the negatives.

If total points is significant, and can result in prizes or playoff berths regardless of record (ike a WC spot), no way I bench someone.

playing your roster "as is" would be good form

if total points is not as issue and you are just barely clinging to a win (by 1 or 2 points) then I guess you could play it safe and bench them...but that's no fun for anyone

what happens then if one of your or their players gets a late "scoring adjustment" and because you sit a player or two you LOSE by a point?????

PLAY 'EM!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread