What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hello, my name is BassNBrew and (1 Viewer)

BassNBrew

Footballguy
I'm accepting bandwagon invitations to any team that that plays decent football. You don't necessarily have to play championship caliber ball, just provide some entertainment and some ray of hope that the ownership/coaches have a clue. Please remove yourself from consideration if your team meets any of the following criteria:

1) Your team signs the human sack magnet as your backup QB.

2) Your team reaches for the yellow pages and finds an upgrade at QB under the retirement home heading. There they find a QB that you used to bust on Chase about being over the hill back in the Cheetsheet.net days.

3) Your team burns a draft pick on a kick returner and ends up starting a fullback slower than yours truly as your return man.

4) Your team banks on a guy who gets a concussion when the wind exceeds 5 mph as your starting middle LB.

5) Your punter is your best player.

6) Your team goes out of it's way to keep the ball away from the most explosive player in the league and leaves the second most explosive player on the team on the bench.

7) Your team's best pass rusher hasn't even touch the opposing QB this year.

8) Your team hired it's offensive coordinator from a juggernaut offense like the 06 Browns.

9) Your team's defensive coordinator would be the perfect candiate to run a pro-bowl defense.

10) Your team never wins a home game.

At least Beason looks like the real deal. Morgan will have a hard time getting his MLB spot back if/when he returns. He's probably better off on the weak side LB spot anyways.

6) Your team goes out of it's way to keep the ball away from the most explosive player in the league and leaves the second most explosive player on the team on the bench.
BNB,There's always room for more Tar Heels on the Dallas Cowboys bandwagon.

BTW, who is the guy you mention in #6 (see highlighted portion above)?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand this thread at all. Laugh all you want at the Panthers and Vinnie, but they are in first place in the NFC South? Why the Haterade? :wolf:

I agree with your comments, especially #2. I think it's a very foolish to have as your starting QB an old timer with bad knees who has less mobility in the pocket than I would.

That's why I would recommend to you the Arizona Cardinals...

Here's an invite to hop on the Charger bandwagon! They could be the 4th best team in the AFC at some point this season, AND you get to bash Norv. Fun!!!

ETA: Also, Charger girls - all teh hotness, none of the jail time!

Wow this hurts cuz it's true.

Still a fan (sitting here with #89 on), but hurtin'. Hard to have much optimism with Jake gone...

Gr00vus said:
Here's an invite to hop on the Charger bandwagon! They could be the 4th best team in the AFC at some point this season, AND you get to bash Norv. Fun!!!ETA: Also, Charger girls - all teh hotness, none of the jail time!
Sorry, the Chargers don't qualify.
9) Your team's defensive coordinator would be the perfect candiate to run a pro-bowl defense

9) Your team's defensive coordinator would be the perfect candiate to run a pro-bowl defense
:goodposting: There's no way Ted is a candidate for running a pro-bowl defense. He's not even a candidate to run an electric football defense where all the opposing offense's bases are busted. KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE WALT!

Plenty of coach seats are available on the Jaguars bandwagon. However, I'm not sure you'd be too happy with a wagon that has steering problems and routinely finds the bumpiest ride available.

You guys that cheer for teams that allowed you to get to the numbers of things he didn't want in a team are lucky. I couldn't even get past the introduction paragraph, where he says "the ownership/coaches have a clue".

But there's tons of room on the Lions badnwagon. Just know that Matt Millen is driving it, and to be honest, I don't think he could drive his finger up his own ###, so proceed with caution (many sharp turns ahead --- trust me)

BnB ..... Warning: Do not become a hawks fan....they are very old and on the decline. At least join an up and coming bandwagon.

No pity from this former Tobacco Road junkie now living in basketball starved San Diego. North Carolinians don't deserve good football - you live in the college basketball mecca.

Move the Panthers to LA and the Bobcats to Vegas already....

You guys that cheer for teams that allowed you to get to the numbers of things he didn't want in a team are lucky. I couldn't even get past the introduction paragraph, where he says "the ownership/coaches have a clue".

But there's tons of room on the Lions badnwagon. Just know that Matt Millen is driving it, and to be honest, I don't think he could drive his finger up his own ###, so proceed with caution (many sharp turns ahead --- trust me)
GOLD!

simey said:
Gr00vus said:
ETA: Also, Charger girls - all teh hotness, none of the jail time!
I think Bass got turned on by the girl on girl sexcapade and cat fight that transpired with a couple former Top Cats.
Who do you think masterminded : topcat : :thumbdown: ?

Gr00vus said:
Here's an invite to hop on the Charger bandwagon! They could be the 4th best team in the AFC at some point this season, AND you get to bash Norv. Fun!!!ETA: Also, Charger girls - all teh hotness, none of the jail time!
They were my AFC team in the Fouts and Muncie era.

laughinboy_2000 said:
I don't understand this thread at all. Laugh all you want at the Panthers and Vinnie, but they are in first place in the NFC South? Why the Haterade? :thumbdown:
Last Sunday was a freaking joke. That effort deserved an L. Now top that off with the addition of Vinny and we're the laughingstock of the league. Even the Lions and Browns fans are making fun of us.I don't have a schedule handy, when's the next home blowout slated for?

Just root for the Patriots.
Strange post....BnB not good enough for the Cowboys?!?BnB, step into the light; Coach Belichick is your friend. Don't believe everything you hear. I realize that's a tall order, I'm just sayin...Note: Patriots fans get access to Brady's sloppy seconds, so that's a plus. And Randy's always got some good green, if that's your bag.Plus there's the whole logical progression thing; Patriots beat the Panthers in the Superbowl, so it makes perfect sense to smell the glove.All kidding aside, a coaching turnover would probably be a good thing; after all, the Jags ran Coughlin off years ago. Bout time for some new blood in Carolina. Don't jump ship yet; hang in there.

:boxing: There's no way Ted is a candidate for running a pro-bowl defense. He's not even a candidate to run an electric football defense where all the opposing offense's bases are busted. KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE WALT!
The point being that the only way the coordinator could be successful is if he had all-pros at every position. I think Cottrell qualifies here.

Gr00vus said:
They were my AFC team in the Fouts and Muncie era.
Sounds like a short jump then. Climb aboard! (Now is a good time to do so, while all the rats are scurrying away.)

:drive: There's no way Ted is a candidate for running a pro-bowl defense. He's not even a candidate to run an electric football defense where all the opposing offense's bases are busted. KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE WALT!
The point being that the only way the coordinator could be successful is if he had all-pros at every position. I think Cottrell qualifies here.
My point being Cottrell could not be successful even if he had all-pros at every position and the opposing offense consisted of the UCLA second unit with Paul Hackett as the OC. Therefore he doesn't qualify. :lmao:

I will die a 'phin fan no matter what that team does, so I can't, in good conscience, cheer for any AFC team.

But I bandwagon a different team each year in the NFC - and especially this year since I have virtually nothing to cheer for with the 'phins (besides two shots at making sure NE does not run the table).

Though Dallas is the sexy and easy pick this year, I have a soft spot for the Pack - it is simply impossible to like football and men with character and to dislike Brett Favre and Donald Driver. Plus, they are the underdogs/black sheep in the NFC. Wanna join me in rooting for the Pack this year, BnB?

BTW, in years when the phins suck (read: @ least the last five years), my FF love grows tremendously. Love the team you drafted instead of the one you root for every year.

I'm accepting bandwagon invitations to any team that that plays decent football. You don't necessarily have to play championship caliber ball, just provide some entertainment and some ray of hope that the ownership/coaches have a clue. Please remove yourself from consideration if your team meets any of the following criteria:

1) Your team signs the human sack magnet as your backup QB. Matt Schaub :lmao:

2) Your team reaches for the yellow pages and finds an upgrade at QB under the retirement home heading. There they find a QB that you used to bust on Chase about being over the hill back in the Cheetsheet.net days. Sage Rosenfels :lmao:

3) Your team burns a draft pick on a kick returner and ends up starting a fullback slower than yours truly as your return man. Jerome Mathis and Jacoby Jones :lmao:

4) Your team banks on a guy who gets a concussion when the wind exceeds 5 mph as your starting middle LB. Demeco Ryans :thumbup:

5) Your punter is your best player. Matt Turk :mellow:

6) Your team goes out of it's way to keep the ball away from the most explosive player in the league and leaves the second most explosive player on the team on the bench. Andre Johnson maybe over utilized. :thumbup:

7) Your team's best pass rusher hasn't even touch the opposing QB this year. Mario Williams + Amobi Akoye :thumbup:

8) Your team hired it's offensive coordinator from a juggernaut offense like the 06 Browns. Gary Kubiak and Mike Sherman from the Broncos and Packers

9) Your team's defensive coordinator would be the perfect candiate to run a pro-bowl defense. Richard Smith :unsure:

10) Your team never wins a home game. 2-1 at home this year. 4-4 in '06. :unsure:
BassNBrew say hello to the Houston Texans!

Users who are viewing this thread