What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hernandez AND Gronkowski owners (1 Viewer)

kerpow

Footballguy
Apologies for another thread about these guys, I just haven't seen any regarding ownership and strategy of both players. As of right now, in many scoring systems, they are the #1 and #2 TEs in the league. Quite incredible that two guys on the same team could achieve this.

So, if you drafted both (like me), or simply ended up with both through trades how are you using them or plan to use them? Are you rolling with one over the other, attempting to play match-ups or starting both? How about trading one?

Thanks in advance

I haven't looked at the numbers in a while, but I believe that last year, when one had a great game, the other wasn't involved much (think some people analyzed this as a factor of man or zone defense faced?). Clearly we're not seeing that sort of distinction this year so far, so I see no reason why if you have both, and your lineup allows it, you shouldn't start both.

Last edited by a moderator:
In a league with 1.5ppr for TE (1ppr every other position) and an 2nd flex spot for TE/WR, I ended up with Gates, Gronk and Hernandez. Have been starting Gates and Hernandez so far, seriously thinking about selling off Gates and rolling with both of the New England guys for the whole season.

Really having a hard time deciding if this type of usage is going to remain consistent or if at some point NE will revert back to last year where it was one or the other going off.

I've got both in a PPR league that doesn't require a TE, but you can start up to 4, if you want (WR/TE slots and flex).

I haven't started both in a week yet, but I will be on many weeks coming up.

i have both in a play 3 WR/TEs league and started both (along with nicks) after lloyd missed practice all week. after today (and 23 combined TDs in last 8 games) they'll both be in my lineup (over harvin and lloyd and some garbage) until further notice.

i'd hate to have to make a weekly decision if i could only play one... well, it's one of those good decisions

Not sure how serious an issue this is, but Hernandez dinged his knee and missed the last 12 minutes or so of the game yesterday. He was seen limping pretty heavily afterwards. He did talk to the media, which normally would be a good sign as the Pats don't usually let guys with serious injuries anywhere near the press.

Not sure how serious an issue this is, but Hernandez dinged his knee and missed the last 12 minutes or so of the game yesterday. He was seen limping pretty heavily afterwards. He did talk to the media, which normally would be a good sign as the Pats don't usually let guys with serious injuries anywhere near the press.
Yeah, saw that. I'm assuming he'll be fine until we hear/see otherwise. Definitely worth noting though.

I'm thinking of starting them both moving forward as I have no obvious player to start in the Flex position. My concern will be as Week 7 approaches, the week when NE are on bye. I would really struggle to find the space for a WW pickup at TE and still be able to keep both.

I have both in a non-TE required league. I'm yet to start either of them, but that'll be hard to do that going forward. If I had to start 1, it'd be Gronk due to the TDs.

I've been thinking that if 1 gets banged up, the other would be a top-10 among WRs & TEs. That may happen now with Gronk.

Assuming they continue to be healthy they will continue to put up big numbers. Hernandez is used more as of a wr than a traditional te and at the moment he is the best wide wr in the most potent offense on the planet.

In a 1.5TE PPR I have Finley, Gronk, and Hernandez. I can flex two TEs, so for the first two weeks I've been starting Finley, Gronk, and Hernandez. It's payed off big time. Loosing Charles this week really hurt me but I have the league high score this week and MSW left to go. Along with Brady, they may just save my season.

Have a look. http://www22.myfantasyleague.com/2011/home/31713#0

My team is Pale Force.

Last edited by a moderator:
In a 1.5TE PPR I have Finley, Gronk, and Hernandez. I can flex two TEs, so for the first two weeks I've been starting Finley, Gronk, and Hernandez. It's payed off big time. Loosing Charles this week really hurt me but I have the league high score this week and MSW left to go. Along with Brady, they may just save my season.

My team is Pale Force.
The link isn't working for me. Would you post the scoring settings and the rosters for all teams in the league.

My team is Pale Force.
The link isn't working for me. Would you post the scoring settings and the rosters for all teams in the league.
:shrug: it's working here.. is this shtick?

Users who are viewing this thread