What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hernandez convicted of first-degree murder; found deceased in his cell. (1 Viewer)

Yep. He looks guilty as hell, but without the murder weapon or a witness to the actual murder, it could be hard to prove without a reasonable doubt in court. Time will tell.
I just don't buy that. They have Hernandez and the victim in the car, driving to the murder site, they have the sound of gunshots, then they have Hernandez leaving the murder site, and going home with a gun in hand, and with bullet casings in the car. Is the defense that they dropped the victim off, and then someone else happened to murder him four minutes later with a caliber of gun that just so happened to match the bullet casings in the car?
well, it sounds like they have 2 witnesses to the murder, and I wonder if they know where the weapon is.

Impressive set of evidence. But can they pin the shell casings to the gun that was in Hernandez hand? Do they have witnesses who will testify against him? Have they established a clear motive, other than say he was 'upset' with Lloyd?

Impressive set of evidence. But can they pin the shell casings to the gun that was in Hernandez hand? Do they have witnesses who will testify against him? Have they established a clear motive, other than say he was 'upset' with Lloyd?
I'd imagine the text from Lloyd can be used to show he was in fear of what AH would do to him.

I think the smoking gun and other damning evidence will become superfluous once Buddy A or B gets into court.

If you are one of those guys, and you didn't pull the trigger, and the cops tell you what they already have, in nine days of looking, you can't rat fast enough. It';s Let's Make a Deal time.

I would pay to see Welker on the stand as a character witness against Hernandez.

Obviously, there will be no need for that, as the mountain of evidence should speak for itself, but it sure would be awesome to watch.

KCitons said:
I like how some people in this forum think their opinions are better than anyone elses. Or they feel the need to tell people to quit posting.

I have a suggestion, go someplace else.

Do to your complaints, I'm going to turn up my number of posts, just to piss you off.

Just saying.
no need to punish the rest of us for the actions of a few
As if your opinion of me could get any worse Larry. Not really my concern.
do I know you?
Nope, and never will.

I'd imagine the text from Lloyd can be used to show he was in fear of what AH would do to him.
What were the texts?
Don't quote these as I'm not sure of the actual verbiage but;

Guess who I'm with.

NFL

Just so you know

I think the smoking gun and other damning evidence will become superfluous once Buddy A or B gets into court.

If you are one of those guys, and you didn't pull the trigger, and the cops tell you what they already have, in nine days of looking, you can't rat fast enough. It';s Let's Make a Deal time.
Unless they feel person A and person B can be pinned for murder as well. Then they'll take them all.

I have no idea what an open and shut case looks like, but this seems like a nice template. A four minute window?? Dang.
Have you seen any of this evidence. Just because the prosecutor makes the statement doesn't mean all of these things will be admissible in court
You may not believe this, but no, I have not seen the evidence. But I am going to assume it as a .45 caliber that killed him. And I am going to assume that the shell found in his car is going to match one of the shots that killed him. I am going to further ASSUME that video showing AH with the victim driving into the area where he was killed, and leaving 4 freaking minutes later, will make it to court. I am going to further assume that testimony by people in that area that heard the shots makes it to court as well. As a layman, who doesn't know anything about the law, this looks pretty dang bad to me.

A great deal of the wasted posts in here are that "I am just saying, he is innocent until proven guilty".

Well fine. If everyone concedes that there is still a chance that he didn't do this, and maybe a team of ninjas led by Odin's girlfriend snuck in behind AH with an identical gun, can we just move on?

Talk about manning a sinking ship.
That was my point. You bag on everyone for just saying. But you do the exact same thing.

BTW, I agree with everything you posted. But, there are two sides to every argument. Not just your side and the wrong side.

[SIZE=9pt]It seems like they have enough circumstantial evidence to send all three of them away for murder [/SIZE]

I would pay to see Welker on the stand as a character witness against Hernandez.

Obviously, there will be no need for that, as the mountain of evidence should speak for itself, but it sure would be awesome to watch.
Understand this is a joke though character witnesses against a defendant are not allowed unless they open the door.

but then again, how much credence can you give to a couple of guys who are in danger themselves of taking the heat? of course they will rat on him, to save their own hide the defense attorney's will argue. I really think they need to find the smoking gun and place it in Hernandez hand.

but then again, how much credence can you give to a couple of guys who are in danger themselves of taking the heat? of course they will rat on him, to save their own hide the defense attorney's will argue. I really think they need to find the smoking gun and place it in Hernandez hand.
It's been a few days, the gun probably isn't smoking any more.

These guys are likely not going to walk just for talking, but they'll end up with a lesser charge. Now I'm no lawyer, but if you have all the stuff we've already heard about, and you have two guys who have already plead guilty to charges tied to the crime, and you have this third guy out there and no one else...

ghostguy123 said:
Radio said actual murder charges. I have no link.

Would I take a 2014 2nd now??????????? Eh, I traded a decent amount to get him, may as well go down with the ship.
Sorry bud, I have the ability to see the future - you have already gone down with the ship.

From what I've heard so far, the two guys are still involved in joint venture murder, which carries similar penalties. Regardless of who pulled the trigger, the murder charge applies to everyone. Any lawyers confirm this?

ghostguy123 said:
Radio said actual murder charges. I have no link.

Would I take a 2014 2nd now??????????? Eh, I traded a decent amount to get him, may as well go down with the ship.
Sorry bud, I have the ability to see the future - you have already gone down with the ship.
This was in response to whether or not I would take a 2nd rounder like a week ago.

Yes, I would take a 2nd rounder right now. Pretty sure anyone would.

From what I've heard so far, the two guys are still involved in joint venture murder, which carries similar penalties. Regardless of who pulled the trigger, the murder charge applies to everyone. Any lawyers confirm this?
right, so the prosecution let's them plead down to something for testimony in exchange for a stronger case.

the 2 guys don't want to take the murder rap.

at least that's how it works on tv.

Surveillance footage from Hernandez's home shows him leaving earlier with a gun. He also told someone in the house that he was upset and couldn't trust anyone anymore, prosecutors said.

After that conversation, Lloyd texted his sister, "Did you see who I am with," prosecutors said. When his sister asked who, he answered at 3:22 a.m., "NFL," then, a minute later, "Just so you know," prosecutors said.
5 minutes later, he's dead.

With US law, even if Hernandez didn't pull the trigger, they seem to have a pretty clear motive, can place him at the scene, and he'll get the same sentence. He's got good lawyers, but it doesn't look like he's got much of a chance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't let anyone plead down. You only take deals when you don't have evidence, there was no brains behind this execution, they should have all the evidence they need to put away everyone in the vehicle for a long time.

MA Joint Venture has 3 components...

First: That the defendant was present at or near the scene of the crime;
Second: That the defendant aided, assisted or encouraged the commission of the crime, or by agreement stood by willing and available to help with the crime if it became necessary; and
Third: That the defendant did so while sharing the intent required to commit the crime.

In MA the intent for first degree murder would be malice basically meaning you knew there was a strong likelihood of what you were doing would cause death.

You also be charged even if you were not at the scene of the crime if you participated in the crime through aid or assistance with the same intent.

Also, The Commonwealth is not required to prove precisely which defendant actually committed the crime
and which defendant aided and abetted it.

Second: That the defendant aided, assisted or encouraged the commission of the crime, or by agreement stood by willing and available to help with the crime if it became necessary; and
Third: That the defendant did so while sharing the intent required to commit the crime.

In MA the intent for first degree murder would be malice basically meaning you knew there was a strong likelihood of what you were doing would cause death.

You cannot also be charged even if you were not at the scene of the crime if you participated in the crime through aid or assistance with the same intent.

Also, The Commonwealth is not required to prove precisely which defendant actually committed the crime
thanks!

The Patriots had to know that he was SOL prior to the arrest and just waiting for the arrest as a formality correct? My buddy is saying the Pats would only have known as much as the media... this is not so right?

He blew a kiss to someone in the court before he was led away around 3:20 p.m.
I don't really know much about AH as a person but unlike OJ, AH hasn't shown much emotion at all during this investigation. Is he a psychopath?

The Patriots had to know that he was SOL prior to the arrest and just waiting for the arrest as a formality correct? My buddy is saying the Pats would only have known as much as the media... this is not so right?
NFL teams have security teams. If their security team didn't have an inkling they need a new one.

looool dodds deleted that guy
What guy, and how can you tell if someone gets deleted?
well, the post disappears.

dodds made a post earlier in the thread about ahern being some kind of trophy wife, based on watching oz, or doing some time, and some guy who has worked in prisons disputed it.

dodds drove his post out to an industrial park and took care of it.
Ah, good to know. Thanks.

dodds made a post earlier in the thread about ahern being some kind of trophy wife, based on watching oz, or doing some time, and some guy who has worked in prisons disputed it.

Lmao, yeah and it was actually a good post with quality info about some misconceptions in prison that applied to the topic. Unfortunately staff pride is apparently more important than quality sometimes.

Lmao, yeah and it was actually a good post with quality info about some misconceptions in prison that applied to the topic. Unfortunately staff pride is apparently more important than quality sometimes.
btw, guess who I'm with right now

FBG

just so you know

You -----> cannot also be charged even if you were not at the scene of the crime if you participated in the crime through aid or assistance with the same intent.

Did you mean "can" here? :confused:

-QG

:goodposting:

FBG

just so you know
:lol:

FBG

just so you know
RIP

You -----> cannot also be charged even if you were not at the scene of the crime if you participated in the crime through aid or assistance with the same intent.

Did you mean "can" here? :confused:

-QG
I did thanks, typo.

They still have not found the murder weapon right?

I listenend to the arraignment. They basically have full video footage off the 4 guys driving all the way to the industrial site where the muder took place. Overnight workers near site heard 5 gunshots, and shell casings were found at the scene, as well as in the rental car driven by Hernandez. They have video footage after the murder of the men arriving at Hernandez's house with guns clearly visible in hand. They proceed to the basement where the surveillance system is shut off.

The victims last text messages to his sister were, guess who I'm with? she asked who? He responded NFL, then his final text message to her was.......just so you know

I think we havent heard about the other 2 guys with Hernandez because they are probably talking to prosecutors to save their own butts. Still going to be hard to pin murder charge with no weapon, or if no witness throws Hernandez under the bus.
At least you have the right username.

maybe when he's in jail he can write a step by step account on how not to commit a murder and throw your life away for absolutely no reason. From the ridiculous motive he essentially did everything he could incorrectly. Quite amazing actually...well I guess he could've recorded it and put it on youtube or something but outside of that he really f'd up.

Now he's going to sit and think every day until he dies about why the hell he did what he did.....really unbelievable.

little late to the party here....so I may not be aware of some details....but one of the first things I was thinking is that AH wouldn't be the one actually pulling the trigger, he would have one of his boys do it....the eventual connection from the victim to AH would be pretty easy.....so you know he is going to be questioned...they were out in public together, etc....you would think that one of his buddies would be the trigger man since AH is the money maker/gravy train of the "operation"......

"yo Aaron...I got this man....I'll do this for you...you just keep ballin".....

now I know him being there still puts him in some deep ####, and he will get some charges for obstruction, etc....but if he didn't do it and his boys back up a story of he didn't want us to do it and tried to stop it....he could get some lesser charges that get him out of prison and back on a field pretty quick.....where he then "takes care of his boys" as best as he can while they are in prison....

eta: "pretty quick" is a bad choice of words.....basically sooner rather than later....at some point...whatever...

Users who are viewing this thread