What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hernandez convicted of first-degree murder; found deceased in his cell. (1 Viewer)

The Patriots had to know that he was SOL prior to the arrest and just waiting for the arrest as a formality correct? My buddy is saying the Pats would only have known as much as the media... this is not so right?
NFL teams have security teams. If their security team didn't have an inkling they need a new one.
They had a guy on the radio talking about NFL security. He said they are ex FBI and while they might not have had all the details they were for such in the loop on what was going on.

Sometimes, with a murder case, overwhelming circumstantial evidence is enough. Unless the defense is able to muster some semblance of a plausible story, the prosecution doesn't need the gun or forensic evidence. Video says your with the guy, text messages say your with the guy, they have you picking him up, returning with weapons. The only time they can't account for is the 5 minutes where you killed him. Did Superman fly in and do it? Did he trip and shoot himself in the back of his head? Was someone already at the site that did it? With OJ and others, there are big gaps that can be used to create a counter story to sell the jury as reasonable doubt, I don't see how you're making a counter story here unless a lot of this evidence isn't allowed.

If what we know plays at trial, they don't need hard evidence, they're all going away. Yet, with the intelligence of these guys, I'd bet they have plenty of hard evidence.

little late to the party here....so I may not be aware of some details....but one of the first things I was thinking is that AH wouldn't be the one actually pulling the trigger, he would have one of his boys do it....the eventual connection from the victim to AH would be pretty easy.....so you know he is going to be questioned...they were out in public together, etc....you would think that one of his buddies would be the trigger man since AH is the money maker/gravy train of the "operation"......

"yo Aaron...I got this man....I'll do this for you...you just keep ballin".....

now I know him being there still puts him in some deep ####, and he will get some charges for obstruction, etc....but if he didn't do it and his boys back up a story of he didn't want us to do it and tried to stop it....he could get some lesser charges that get him out of prison and back on a field pretty quick.....where he then "takes care of his boys" as best as he can while they are in prison....
If it's "his boys" as you say he could still get charged for conspiracy, possibly solictation, possibly aiding and abetting, and even possibly a murder charge as a principle nonetheless.

little late to the party here....so I may not be aware of some details....but one of the first things I was thinking is that AH wouldn't be the one actually pulling the trigger, he would have one of his boys do it....the eventual connection from the victim to AH would be pretty easy.....so you know he is going to be questioned...they were out in public together, etc....you would think that one of his buddies would be the trigger man since AH is the money maker/gravy train of the "operation"......

now I know him being there still puts him in some deep ####, and he will get some charges for obstruction, etc....but if he didn't do it and his boys back up a story of he didn't want us to do it and tried to stop it....he could get some lesser charges that get him out of prison and back on a field pretty quick.....where he then "takes care of his boys" as best as he can while they are in prison....
They have intent, Aaron was driving. They have fear in the text messages. It doesn't matter who pulled the trigger, they're all getting the same charge in the eyes of the law.

The Patriots had to know that he was SOL prior to the arrest and just waiting for the arrest as a formality correct? My buddy is saying the Pats would only have known as much as the media... this is not so right?
NFL teams have security teams. If their security team didn't have an inkling they need a new one.
They had a guy on the radio talking about NFL security. He said they are ex FBI and while they might not have had all the details they were for such in the loop on what was going on.
Thanks.

They have intent, Aaron was driving. They have fear in the text messages. It doesn't matter who pulled the trigger, they're all getting the same charge in the eyes of the law.
I've seen this a couple times already. What is this "fear" you speak of?

Its a inference drawn from two texts he sent:

(Might be Paraphrasing)

1. I'm with NFL

2. Just so you know

The inference being - if I don't show up tomorrow, you know who killed me.

An attorney on local tv said that it didn't matter which guy actually pulled the trigger. In a case of premeditated murder one with multiple participants conspiring, all of them could be charged and tried for the murder ever if they did not actually pull the trigger. That was one of the reasons they felt the other two guys would roll over and finger AH if he was the main guy and the shooter, as they might plead to a lesser charge.

(Might be Paraphrasing)

1. I'm with NFL

2. Just so you know

That's not how I read it. Hey, I'm with a star football player, just so you know... As in, yeah, this is cool.

The victim was picked up by Hernandez from his sisters house in the rental car. While in the car, at 3:22AM, the victim texted his sister and said "did you see who I was with", then said "NFL", then "just so you know". Imagine his sister testifying, talking about how Hernandez was mad at her brother. It's pretty clear he was making damn sure someone know who was about to kill him, likely as a desperate attempt at "don't kill me, they'll know it was you".

(Might be Paraphrasing)

1. I'm with NFL

2. Just so you know

That's not how I read it. Hey, I'm with a star football player, just so you know... As in, yeah, this is cool.
Unless there is a previous relationship that would clearly indicate that it would not be cool to be with said player.

(Might be Paraphrasing)

1. I'm with NFL

2. Just so you know

That doesn't really make sense seeing as they were supposed friends and thus were around each other enough that I wouldn't think it's necessary to let your sig other know who you are with at 3 am.

(Might be Paraphrasing)

1. I'm with NFL

2. Just so you know

You read it wrong, this guy was with Hernandez all the time.

(Might be Paraphrasing)

1. I'm with NFL

2. Just so you know

but they were supposedly friends so it wouldn't be a big deal...enough of one to text someone at 3:30am about...

Last edited by a moderator:

(Might be Paraphrasing)

1. I'm with NFL

2. Just so you know

Thats not what it means at 3 in the morning

(Might be Paraphrasing)

1. I'm with NFL

2. Just so you know

Please stop. Really, is that how you read it? And that is why you have lost credibility in your posting on this specific subject.

guess I was just thinking if guy X and guy Y point the finger at guy Z, that guy Z is going to get in more trouble since he is the one that actually killed somebody.....especially if the other two guys say they didn't want it to happen, tried to stop it, didn't want it to ever go that far and guy Z just snapped or some crap.....again I realize being there comes with its own issues, but I would have to think it is still different than actually pulling the trigger....especially if you are able to prove you had no intentions of things ever going in that direction....

(Might be Paraphrasing)

1. I'm with NFL

2. Just so you know

Thats not what it means at 3 in the morning
when entering an industrial parking lot with 2 guys in the backseat...

The victim was picked up by Hernandez from his sisters house in the rental car. While in the car, at 3:22AM, the victim texted his sister and said "did you see who I was with", then said "NFL", then "just so you know". Imagine his sister testifying, talking about how Hernandez was mad at her brother. It's pretty clear he was making damn sure someone know who was about to kill him, likely as a desperate attempt at "don't kill me, they'll know it was you".
I still don't see how it's clear.

I can definitely see your side of it now, reading it that way. But I can still read it as just so you know, I'm hanging out with an NFL player.

If it was said out of fear, then why would he be in the car with them, unless he was forced. Which means the other two guys will be facing the same charges.

What I do find weird with the texting is if you are about to kill a guy, why are you letting him text in the back seat?

Just another reason I guess that adds to Ahern and crew not being very good killers.

What I do find weird with the texting is if you are about to kill a guy, why are you letting him text in the back seat?

Just another reason I guess that adds to Ahern and crew not being very good killers.
That's what I was thinking, too. The guy probably could have recorded the whole thing on his phone, because they just left the phone on him, too.

(Might be Paraphrasing)

1. I'm with NFL

2. Just so you know

Please stop. Really, is that how you read it? And that is why you have lost credibility in your posting on this specific subject.
You really are an idiot. Stop stalking me and move on.

(Might be Paraphrasing)

1. I'm with NFL

2. Just so you know

but they were supposedly friends so it wouldn't be a big deal...enough of one to text someone at 3:30am about...
Yes, I forgot this part. Ok, I get it now.

That's what I was thinking, too. The guy probably could have recorded the whole thing on his phone, because they just left the phone on him, too.
Seeing that they were out at a club earlier, perhaps they were impaired and made all these mistakes?

maybe when he's in jail he can write a step by step account on how not to commit a murder and throw your life away for absolutely no reason. From the ridiculous motive he essentially did everything he could incorrectly. Quite amazing actually...well I guess he could've recorded it and put it on youtube or something but outside of that he really f'd up.

Now he's going to sit and think every day until he dies about why the hell he did what he did.....really unbelievable.
:goodposting:

Just this afternoon, I figured the better way to do this would have been to turn off his own security system early Sunday, have your out-of-town boyz to pick up the victim, and drive him to an undisclosed location, far from your house, where you are waiting for him, without your cell phone. Kill him, and then dispose of the body elsewhere, and weapon somewhere else. Have one of your boys take you from the scene in the back of a van to your car, which was parked in a wooded area, drive home, clean up, turn the security system back on.

Or, just reach out to your gangster friends in Bristol, and shoot the guy anywhere.

Turns out I was giving him way too much credit in destroying the phone/security system.

I can definitely see your side of it now, reading it that way. But I can still read it as just so you know, I'm hanging out with an NFL player.

If it was said out of fear, then why would he be in the car with them, unless he was forced. Which means the other two guys will be facing the same charges.
Question: does anyone know where the victim was in the car? Front seat, back seat or.... in the back-back (trunk/rear)?

"look at me! i'm hanging out with a NFL football player! whee! I've only known this guy for at least a year and, coincidentally, he's the father of your nephew! Horray for me at 3:00AM!" probably takes too long to thumb type, huh?

I was thinking the same thing. You can make a nice long list with all the things Hernandez messed up with on this. A one mile drive? seriously? Thats just lazy

guess I was just thinking if guy X and guy Y point the finger at guy Z, that guy Z is going to get in more trouble since he is the one that actually killed somebody.....especially if the other two guys say they didn't want it to happen, tried to stop it, didn't want it to ever go that far and guy Z just snapped or some crap.....again I realize being there comes with its own issues, but I would have to think it is still different than actually pulling the trigger....especially if you are able to prove you had no intentions of things ever going in that direction....
As I pointed out a few posts ago, apparently in Mass (and maybe other places), if there are multiple participants in what was a pre-conceived plan and all 3 guys were in on it, it doesn't matter who actually pulled the trigger. Given that it sounds like AH went after this guy 48 hours after an initial episode in a bar, all three guys had guns, they were there willingly, they did nothing to stop it, and they all went to AH's house afterwards to clean up, I'm guessing that would meet the legal criteria to charge all 3 guys with murder.

yeah, I was thinking the same thing, but I imagine they hadn't shown their hand yet and everybody was bro'in it up in the car.

Any chance he could plead insanity? The comments about him feeling he couldn't trust anyone anymore sounds like paranoia to me. Schizophrenia typically has an onset in the late teens/early 20s. Also, reports indicated he came to feel he was above the law after getting his contract extension. Stressors aren't always negative things. The huge contract and resulting change of life could have been a major stressor capable of triggering mental disorder. Could also be an alternative to significantly substandard IQ in terms of explaining the poorly executed execution. Could also explain his lack of emotion/blowing a kiss in court, etc.

An attorney on local tv said that it didn't matter which guy actually pulled the trigger. In a case of premeditated murder one with multiple participants conspiring, all of them could be charged and tried for the murder ever if they did not actually pull the trigger. That was one of the reasons they felt the other two guys would roll over and finger AH if he was the main guy and the shooter, as they might plead to a lesser charge.
if they can prove they were maybe just going to go out there and rough him up a little and then dude Z snapped and took it to a whole new level by pulling out a gun and shooting him or something....I think they can maybe get rid of the premeditated thing....

guess I can just see some scenerios where yeah they may have been packing heat (which they may have done frequently)...but at the time the intent out there was not to kill the guy......maybe just beat him up and leave him there.... and then dude Z may have just snapped and pulled the gun and pulled the trigger....

The_Man said:
Dr. Octopus said:
Tom Hagen said:
Sean Kelly/Staff @SeanKellyTV

Shell casing found under driver's seat in AH rental car. #Hernandez #wcvb
Worst criminal ever.
No joke. What else could AH have possibly done to link himself with the crime? I guess have the dead guy's blood in his house - so hiring the Monday cleaning crew was about the only thing he did right.
That was stupid too. He should have went down to Home Depot and hired all the guys there and not leave a paper trail.
Correct. Or clean it yourself even and eliminate others knowing anything

Pretty sure cleaning contractors don't sign confidentiality disclosures.

Probably won't take long for them to be questioned and I am guessing a cleaner isn't committing perjury to save AHern

This is just so odd. I have so many emotions about it: Shock, disbelief, disgust, sadness, relief (that they're all going away), curiosity, etc. I just can't wrap my head around why, what would possess him to do this, the reality of this situation is mind boggling. What's he feeling, what's the whole story behind the motive, how ####### sick is he?

I feel dirty.

Any chance he could plead insanity? The comments about him feeling he couldn't trust anyone anymore sounds like paranoia to me. Schizophrenia typically has an onset in the late teens/early 20s. Also, reports indicated he came to feel he was above the law after getting his contract extension. Stressors aren't always negative things. The huge contract and resulting change of life could have been a major stressor capable of triggering mental disorder. Could also be an alternative to significantly substandard IQ in terms of explaining the poorly executed execution. Could also explain his lack of emotion/blowing a kiss in court, etc.
I doubt he could pull this off given his past. Honestly, it's remarkable to me that he hasn't been arrested before now. As I said earlier in the thread, I think AH got sloppy and lazy due to a sense of entitlement. As you said, he was behaving like he was above the law. I'm pretty sure he's been involved in serious crimes before now but savvy enough to get away with them. I mean, who participates in execution style murder as their 1st real crime? It's strikes me as unlikely.

But he didn't say "an NFL player". He said "NFL". I know this is text language and all, but just saying "NFL" indicates to me that they referred to Hernandez as "NFL". If he wanted to communicate that he was hanging with an NFL player, I'd think he'd say more than "NFL", even given the fact that it was a text.

BusterTBronco said:
If he would murder an associate just for talking to the wrong people, one has to wonder if this isn't the first time Mr. Hernandez has done this.
That's what I was thinking while watching the arraignment.

AH says, "I just can't trust anybody anymore." Then proceeds to kill a guy with 2 other people. Damn, boy don't learn does he?

if they can prove they were maybe just going to go out there and rough him up a little and then dude Z snapped and took it to a whole new level by pulling out a gun and shooting him or something....I think they can maybe get rid of the premeditated thing....

guess I can just see some scenerios where yeah they may have been packing heat (which they may have done frequently)...but at the time the intent out there was not to kill the guy......maybe just beat him up and leave him there.... and then dude Z may have just snapped and pulled the gun and pulled the trigger....
Why would they all have guns if they were only planning on roughing him up? IMO, one the guns came out, that opened things up for worse charges to be filed. Just like if you rob a bank, if you bring a gun the inference is that you were planning on using it, so they consider that armed robbery (which carries a stiffer sentence).

And if the other 2 guys weren't actively involved in the shooting, it gives them even more incentive to rat out the actual shooter rather than be charged with murder.

BusterTBronco said:
If he would murder an associate just for talking to the wrong people, one has to wonder if this isn't the first time Mr. Hernandez has done this.
If he got away with murder previously who was investigating? Barney Fife?

-QG

But he didn't say "an NFL player". He said "NFL". I know this is text language and all, but just saying "NFL" indicates to me that they referred to Hernandez as "NFL". If he wanted to communicate that he was hanging with an NFL player, I'd think he'd say more than "NFL", even given the fact that it was a text.
Yeah, I get it now. Forgot they were buds.

BusterTBronco said:
If he got away with murder previously who was investigating? Barney Fife?

-QG
Yeah really. If this is how he has learned to cover up a murder, Mr. Magoo was on the last case.

The required intent in Massachusetts for first degree murder is malice. Basically that there is a strong likelihood that your actions or that of an accomplice could cause death. So I think it is reasonable to extend this state of mind to Hernandez based upon his alleged actions and taking an individual out to abandoned area.

In cases like these, the prosecution would not be required to show that Hernandez pulled the trigger as long as they can show he was there. Even if it is proven that another individual pulled the trigger, Hernandez can still be convicted under joint venture. Furthermore Hernandez would not even have to be present at the scene of the crime if aided as an accomplice and knew of the intent of the individuals who committed the crime.

In short... Hernandez probably is not going to get off by saying they just wanted to beat him up and then someone shot him.

DA in Aaron Hernandez case: We will not comment further

By Ryan Wilson | CBSSports.com

About 90 minutes after former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez was charged with the murder of Odin Lloyd, Bristol County (Mass.) District Attorney C. Samuel Sutter addressed the media.

"For those of you in the courtroom and heard the presentation by first assistant William McCauley, he detailed the facts that we assert concerning this investigation in the case against Mr. Hernandez," Sutter began. "That is now a matter of public record.

"I, however, can not comment further about what was said in court," Sutter continued. "I can not comment, for example, about the nature of the case against Mr. Hernandez. I am precluded from doing this now by three compelling reasons. First, is the order which Judge O'Shea just delivered. It applies to this case while it is pending in Attleboro District Court. Second, the judge's order was essentially that neither side -- prosecution or defense -- can publicly comment about the case at this time. The rules of professional responsibility are clear about the limitations about me as the District Attorney, any prosecutor affiliated with my office, about our ability to comment on a pending case in any way, which would materially affect the fairness of the proceeding.

"And finally, another strong reason why I'm constrained: The reality is, that this case is still an ongoing investigation, and invariably, it is in the best interest of an ongoing investigation for the District Attorney's office not to comment."

Hernandez's attorney, Michael Fee, who requested the gag order during Wednesday's arraignment, issued a statement Monday night ripping the media for a flood of false reports. He spoke briefly with the media on Wednesday outside the Attleboro Courthouse after Hernandez had been charged.

"Out of respect to that process, the defense team can not comment today on this case," Fee said. "We will be pursuing it in court. But we look forward to our day in court."

When asked how Hernandez was doing, Fee responded: "Aaron's fine."

Ten months ago, the Patriots signed Hernandez to a $40-million contract extension, including $16 million in guaranteed money. CBS NFL Insider Jason La Canfora reports the Patriots can try to recoup the signing bonus and other money that they have already paid Hernandez, pending what happens to him legally. Regarding the salary cap, because it's post-June 1, Hernandez still counts roughly $4 million against the Patriots' cap, but the organization could get cap credits in the future.

Here's what Hernandez said last August about the organization's faith in him.

"This is a place that, not only did it change my future from them paying me, but it changed me as a person," Hernandez told Comcast Sportsnet, "because you can't come [to the Patriots] and act reckless and do your own stuff. That was one of the reasons that I came here -- might've acted the way I wanted to act. But you get changed by Bill Belichick's way. And you get changed by the Patriots way. And now that I'm a Patriot, I have to start living like one and making the right decisions for them."

On Wednesday, the Patriots released Hernandez, who now faces a murder charge.

Why would they all have guns if they were only planning on roughing him up? IMO, one the guns came out, that opened things up for worse charges to be filed. Just like if you rob a bank, if you bring a gun the inference is that you were planning on using it, so they consider that armed robbery (which carries a stiffer sentence).

And if the other 2 guys weren't actively involved in the shooting, it gives them even more incentive to rat out the actual shooter rather than be charged with murder.
would not surprise me if carrying guns was the norm for AH and his crew.....

guess I'm just scrambling trying to put myself in the non shooters shoes.....I'd be coming up with a story (hopefully similiar to the other non shooter's) which they have had a few day to do....that is something along the lines of

"we never intended it to go this far, we were maybe just going to beat him up to teach him a lesson, and then dude Z just snapped and pulled the trigger, once he pulled the gun we tried to stop him, but it was too late".....if dude Z agrees and takes the fall, the two non shooters could maybe get less time/charges.....I don't know... :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread