What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

HOT>>> FPC draft board from July 6th! (1 Viewer)

Alex - FFPC

Footballguy
Fresh Footballguys Players Championship draft board from last night. Dig in!

http://boards.myffpc.com/topic/4918-fpc-draft-board-from-july-6th/

Want to get in on the bargains before the ADP shakes out? Register and draft your $300,000 team today: http://myffpc.com/FootballGuys.aspx

11713858_1150694768280693_1717001496155611744_o.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Da Gildz said:
Wow look at that team with D Thomas. Love it.
Really? He has zero RB2....what is he going to do in flex weeks? Also, Floyd, Watkins, Cooper and Davante Adams will be very inconsistent given Adams is the 3rd option, Cooper is a rookie, Watkins has crap at QB and Floyd was inconsistent as hell even last year - good luck trying to figure out who to start week from week. Finally, Kelce better play up to his hype....yes, he has had a full year without an injury, but if he does not take the next step, this team will struggle to make the playoffs.

Jesus Spiller up to 2.12. Not a fan of #1 picks team whatsoever. Frankly I think he blew it about as much as one possibly could drafting #1.

Teams 6-11 I think all did a pretty nice job. Team #3 also looks real solid.

Thanks for posting.

Da Gildz said:
Really? He has zero RB2....what is he going to do in flex weeks? Also, Floyd, Watkins, Cooper and Davante Adams will be very inconsistent given Adams is the 3rd option, Cooper is a rookie, Watkins has crap at QB and Floyd was inconsistent as hell even last year - good luck trying to figure out who to start week from week. Finally, Kelce better play up to his hype....yes, he has had a full year without an injury, but if he does not take the next step, this team will struggle to make the playoffs.
No rb2?? He's got 3 guys in Coleman/Johnson/Ajay who all will have decent roles on their teams. Coleman could be the lead back in ATL. Is Davonta Freeman a stud or something ??

Flexes should be a non issue also. Cooper should catch 80+ passes. Hes an easy flex option. Matt Cassell assuming he starts is a good thing for Sammy. EJ is that bad. But I see 4 solid WR's, top-3 TE and Shady McCoy leading the backfield. Couldn't disagree more, this team is stacked. If the complaint is not much at RB2, I'm fine with that. This is a PPR-gold team.

Da Gildz said:
No rb2?? He's got 3 guys in Coleman/Johnson/Ajay who all will have decent roles on their teams. Coleman could be the lead back in ATL. Is Davonta Freeman a stud or something ??

Flexes should be a non issue also. Cooper should catch 80+ passes. Hes an easy flex option. Matt Cassell assuming he starts is a good thing for Sammy. EJ is that bad. But I see 4 solid WR's, top-3 TE and Shady McCoy leading the backfield. Couldn't disagree more, this team is stacked. If the complaint is not much at RB2, I'm fine with that. This is a PPR-gold team.
Lets be fair....you do tend to love WR heavy teams.

Da Gildz said:

I agree with sweetness on this one. I am not high on Cooper or Sammy and the RBs are thin at best...

Da Gildz said:
No rb2?? He's got 3 guys in Coleman/Johnson/Ajay who all will have decent roles on their teams. Coleman could be the lead back in ATL. Is Davonta Freeman a stud or something ??Flexes should be a non issue also. Cooper should catch 80+ passes. Hes an easy flex option. Matt Cassell assuming he starts is a good thing for Sammy. EJ is that bad. But I see 4 solid WR's, top-3 TE and Shady McCoy leading the backfield. Couldn't disagree more, this team is stacked. If the complaint is not much at RB2, I'm fine with that. This is a PPR-gold team.
I agree with sweetness on this one. I am not high on Cooper or Sammy and the RBs are thin at best...
Well we can disagree there. Both are special talents and id much prefer those options as 'flexes' vs a RB who doesn't catch balls. Even with horrific QB play Sammy ended up with 65/982/6 in his rookie season. Those #'s aren't bad. A horse like Shady McCoy, also with addition of Harvin could open up the passing game. As a 2nd flex, I like his upside.

Amari - what's not to like? He'a by far the most pro-ready rookie WR stepping into a situation where he'll get a rediculous amt of targets. Also like what I saw from Carr in his rookie campaign. 70/1,000/6 is a fair projection. May even be conservative. 200+ Pts from a flex option is solid. (12.5 ppg)

By comparison, Ingram had his best year as a pro last year. 1,100+ total yds, 9 td's and even caught 29 passes. Yet those #'s still totaled less then the 70/1,000/6 line I just projected for Amari. (PPR)

Gildz - it is about consistent production. Looking at year end production is not going to help you win if you bench the player when he goes off and vice versa. Sammy/ Cooper/Davante Adams will all have terrible games at least 3-5 times .... You better guess right to bench them when they do. On the flop side, Ingram will get all goal line touches and get at least 15 carries every game.

Gildz - it is about consistent production. Looking at year end production is not going to help you win if you bench the player when he goes off and vice versa. Sammy/ Cooper/Davante Adams will all have terrible games at least 3-5 times .... You better guess right to bench them when they do. On the flop side, Ingram will get all goal line touches and get at least 15 carries every game.
I don't mind boom/bust plays from my flex options. Sure they can score 6 Pts vs Ingrams 12-13 but they also will put up 30+ some weeks. And it's not just about consistent production. There are 2 tickets to the postseason based purely on total Pts scored.

I don't mind boom/bust plays from my flex options. Sure they can score 6 Pts vs Ingrams 12-13 but they also will put up 30+ some weeks. And it's not just about consistent production. There are 2 tickets to the postseason based purely on total Pts scored.
I know there are 2 tickets based on total pts scored. But if you bench a player because he went for 5 and 6 points in 2 weeks and then he explodes for 30 when you have him on your bench, you are screwed. Davante Adams will have some monster games just like James Jones used to for GB (for eg I remember one game he had 3 TDs). But how the hell are you going to predict that stuff???? Same with Sammy Watkins. Bench points do not count anywhere except they put you "on tilt" and you start chasing those points the next week and you get further screwed.

I know there are 2 tickets based on total pts scored. But if you bench a player because he went for 5 and 6 points in 2 weeks and then he explodes for 30 when you have him on your bench, you are screwed. Davante Adams will have some monster games just like James Jones used to for GB (for eg I remember one game he had 3 TDs). But how the hell are you going to predict that stuff???? Same with Sammy Watkins. Bench points do not count anywhere except they put you "on tilt" and you start chasing those points the next week and you get further screwed.
If I'm high on a player I don't bench him week to week. Whether he puts up 2 Pts or not, he's in my lineup. Again barring special circumstance a la a Revis matchup or a late game with an injury concern, he's in my lineup. So I'm getting the blowup games just the same. Again I'm fine with boom/bust flexes. Pts are Pts in the end.

Want to get in on the bargains before the ADP shakes out? Register and draft your $300,000 team today: http://myffpc.com/FootballGuys.aspx

Hey Alex let's post some more of these, eh?
Looks like he tried. When you hit quote on his post the image of a draft is in it. When you post it ... its gone. Anyways....they post tons of drafts on facebook and twitter.

Hey Alex let's post some more of these, eh?
Looks like he tried. When you hit quote on his post the image of a draft is in it. When you post it ... its gone. Anyways....they post tons of drafts on facebook and twitter.
That's correct. This board doesn't allow you to post images and I'm not sure how to post attachments either. I will post drafts occasionally on the FFPC board and link them here. But anyone who wants more of these should follow us on Twitter and Facebook.

If I'm high on a player I don't bench him week to week. Whether he puts up 2 Pts or not, he's in my lineup. Again barring special circumstance a la a Revis matchup or a late game with an injury concern, he's in my lineup. So I'm getting the blowup games just the same. Again I'm fine with boom/bust flexes. Pts are Pts in the end.
So out of Cooper/Sammy/Davante - who do u bench every week?

So out of Cooper/Sammy/Davante - who do u bench every week?

Think that's pretty easy, Adams is on the bench. People quickly forget how talented Sammy Watkins is. The QB position is horrible but even still, im sure they'll find enough ways to get him the ball and let him make plays. Adams is still the 3rd passing option at best. Hard to play him on any week with the big 2 healthy. Barring a crazy bye week and some incredible matchup I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread