What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How are the Colts so heavily favored? (1 Viewer)

SengerCJ

Footballguy
so the Colts are the most favored team this weekend in Seattle with a line of -13.0. I can't bring myself to pick Indy in my confidence poll, let alone putting that many points on them. But real question, is there something I'm missing here? Maybe not as true as it once was but the Seahawks can be very good at home, especially after coming off a loss. Colts have a very inexperienced QB with a terrible run game. I know the Colts have had a good run D but what else is there? Didn't they barely speak out a win against Cleveland at home last week. 

i don't closely pay attention to the odds from week to week so maybe I'm not getting how they work. 

SengerCJ said:
so the Colts are the most favored team this weekend in Seattle with a line of -13.0. I can't bring myself to pick Indy in my confidence poll, let alone putting that many points on them. But real question, is there something I'm missing here? Maybe not as true as it once was but the Seahawks can be very good at home, especially after coming off a loss. Colts have a very inexperienced QB with a terrible run game. I know the Colts have had a good run D but what else is there? Didn't they barely speak out a win against Cleveland at home last week. 

i don't closely pay attention to the odds from week to week so maybe I'm not getting how they work. 
It's a classic "trap" game. Bet your 401k on this one.

Maybe the bigger surprise is the "41.5" after Indianapolis. I don't know a whole lot about "sport" but I'm pretty sure the Colts will score less than 42 points. Hammer that moneyline before it starts to drift down. Free money!

Now I'm remembering how odds work and everything makes more sense. But still, who's putting money on the colts?

SengerCJ said:

There's something missing all right.

Now I'm remembering how odds work and everything makes more sense. But still, who's putting money on the colts?
It might be the same people that won money by betting on SF in SEA two weeks ago. 

Early in the season, actually all the time but ESPECIALLY early in the season, we(the public) all think we know more than we actually do. I can't remember the last time I've seen a team that was 26th in scoring favored by almost 2 TD's. On top of everything else it seems like half the SEA offense is dealing with injuries. Keep in mind SEA is favored by 13 and they weren't even able to score 13 points against that SF defense that just got carved up by the vaunted Rams offense to the tune of 40+ points. 

I'm certainly not an INDY fan, or even saying that they will cover. But these are the types of games/lines I stay far away from. Typically I also stay away from teasers but the only way I would gamble on this one is to tease the point spread up to a point where I don't think SEA can score that many points. Right now the SEA offense is scoring 16pt/gm against some pretty mediocre defenses so even if INDY can just score a few FG's..... 

SengerCJ said:

I think you are onto something....

I agree. With Peyton Manning as QB and Marvin Harrison running routes....no way the Colts lose this game.

SengerCJ said:

Because, this.

My man betting on any colts games this weekend?

I was hoping for some SengerCJ analysis on who is favored and who we should take this week.  

But since I didn't get my first wish.  All in on Peyton returning to Indy this weekend.  Bet the farm.

Users who are viewing this thread