What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How 'bout them Reds! (3 Viewers)

Rough series....bring on the Tribe :boxing: In 1994 the Reds went into Fulton County Stadium and preceeded to beat the Braves...16-0 (Reggie Sanders hit 2 HR's....GS for one)14-412-4Not sure of the second score but in each game they scored more than 10 runs of Maddux, Glavine and Smoltz (Or Avery......cannot exactly remember)In 1998 or 1999 the Orioles went into the new ATL stadium and beat them 3 straight and scored 10 runs or more in those 3 games.It happens even to the best pitching staffs........NO the Reds are not the Braves obviously but these guys have alot more heart and guts then you want to give them credit for. I do not think they will have that much trauma once they leave here.The will recover.....not enough to win any divison.....but enough to at least keep it close.I do not know what that will mean to the FO....but to us it means not having to spend another miserable summer trying to enjoy our Reds.-fe

It happens even to the best pitching staffs........NO the Reds are not the Braves obviously but these guys have alot more heart and guts then you want to give them credit for.
Who's saying they don't have heart and guts?

Yes, the Reds pitching still sucks, and they're losing games, but amazingly, I remain a Reds fan.PS: Griffey is still a stud.PS2: I graduated from high school with his wife, Missy Gay (maiden name). However, I hear she goes by Melissa now.

Dunn, Griffey and Pujols are tied for the MLB lead with 17 HRs and Casey has the top BA. Juan Castro is batting almost .300, Larkin is over .290.....this is all with Austin Kearns doing nothing. If Kearns can come back and be productive now, I think the Reds can stay in first for the rest of the season.**Disclaimer**If the Reds pitching goes into the crapper, all bets are off.
true......true"Hi, my name is waterford and I'm a Reds fan." :JoeT:

**Disclaimer**

If the Reds pitching goes into the crapper, all bets are off.
Same could be said of injuries. If guys like Castro, Lopez and Pena are forced to start on a regular basis, all bets are off as well.
Pitching went into the crapper AND Lopez and Pena starting. No wonder they've lost 7 in a row.

Any Reds' fans have a problem with Griffey sitting out last night with the team struggling so much and playing a potential wild card contender?

Any Reds' fans have a problem with Griffey sitting out last night with the team struggling so much and playing a potential wild card contender?
If Griff can play 130+ games, I'll be pleased but surprised. So I figure he's got a few more days off coming to him.

I hope it wasn't to save 500 for the home crowd.

I hope that mother####ing piece of #### breaks his ####### arm and is stuck on 499 for ####### ever. That ####### #####.OK, so I made a special trip to the game only to realize I'd be watching some white boy play CF for the Reds.

Despite 5 and 7 game losing streaks, despite having projected starters Austin Kearns and Brandon Larson on the DL for most of the season, and despite having a 40 year at shortstop, the team that was chosen by many as the worst team in baseball going into the 2004 season is on a pace to win 91 games this year. I am fully aware that the bubble could burst with this collection of players at anytime, but it is fun while it continues! :D

Despite 5 and 7 game losing streaks, despite having projected starters Austin Kearns and Brandon Larson on the DL for most of the season, and despite having a 40 year at shortstop, the team that was chosen by many as the worst team in baseball going into the 2004 season is on a pace to win 91 games this year. I am fully aware that the bubble could burst with this collection of players at anytime, but it is fun while it continues! :D
This weekend should go a long way towards seeing just how good the Reds are. :lol:

The Reds have been a fun team to watch this year.From Sean Casey's hitting to seeing Dave Kingman reborn in Adam Dunn, and Jr. back on track, and Paul Wilson reclaiming his career--they have been good for baseball.Unfortunately they are in a division that is loaded with talent. If they were in the NL West or the American League Central their story would be even better.

The hottest team in baseball just keeps on going! :yes: ....and going..... :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't look now, but Houston could put together a nice little run before the break. Carlos Beltran is on fire. 2 more bombs today, all 4 Houston RBIs. Score is now 4-4.

Don't look now, but Houston could put together a nice little run before the break. Carlos Beltran is on fire. 2 more bombs today, all 4 Houston RBIs. Score is now 4-4.
short run. lasted what, 35 minutes? :cubswin!cubswin!:

Looks like the bet comes down to Sunday's Reds-Brewers titanic struggle to see who wins this bet.

Looks like the bet comes down to Sunday's Reds-Brewers titanic struggle to see who wins this bet.
:boxing: Just in time, the ultimate kiss of death to Ken Griffey Jr. The dreaded hammy.I hate to see it, but, I'm just sayin'.

Update - bottom of the 1st.

Milwaukee Inning Summary    -S. Podsednik reached on bunt single to second  -S. Podsednik to second on passed ball  -C. Counsell singled to left, S. Podsednik to third  -G. Jenkins singled to right center, S. Podsednik scored, C. Counsell to second  -L. Overbay singled to left, C. Counsell to third, G. Jenkins to second  -K. Ginter singled to third, C. Counsell scored, G. Jenkins to third, L. Overbay to second  -B. Clark walked, G. Jenkins scored, L. Overbay to third, K. Ginter to second  -W. Helms hit sacrifice fly to deep center, L. Overbay scored, K. Ginter to third  -G. Bennett hit sacrifice fly to left, K. Ginter scored, B. Clark to second
5-0 Harvey's Wallbangers after 1. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Update - bottom of the 1st.

Milwaukee Inning Summary    -S. Podsednik reached on bunt single to second  -S. Podsednik to second on passed ball  -C. Counsell singled to left, S. Podsednik to third  -G. Jenkins singled to right center, S. Podsednik scored, C. Counsell to second  -L. Overbay singled to left, C. Counsell to third, G. Jenkins to second  -K. Ginter singled to third, C. Counsell scored, G. Jenkins to third, L. Overbay to second  -B. Clark walked, G. Jenkins scored, L. Overbay to third, K. Ginter to second  -W. Helms hit sacrifice fly to deep center, L. Overbay scored, K. Ginter to third  -G. Bennett hit sacrifice fly to left, K. Ginter scored, B. Clark to second
5-0 Harvey's Wallbangers after 1. :thumbup:
[LL] Don't call it a comeback... [/LL]
Code:
NL        AT MILWAUKEE - MID INNING UPDATE          PLAY: W Pena homered to center, A Dunn scored.           SITUATION: 2 RUNS IN,  NONE ON,  2 OUT          CURRENT SCORE:   CINCINNATI       6                           MILWAUKEE        5    TOP, 7TH          DUE UP FOR CINCINNATI: T HUMMEL (.244, 0-FOR-3)

Tommygunz:eddie_and_christel@charter.net for my paypal :DAt worst, 3rd in the central, possibly 2nd in the NL Central and w/i 2 games for the Wild Card. Great comeback win today with Casey, Jr, and Kearns all out. Along with Freel.Is this team poised for the World Series? Hardly, but this team has more heart and drive than anyother team out there. :thumbup: Regardless of how they finish, this has been a fun team to watch. As a baseball fan, that's what I want. Guys that will not quit and give it their all, day-in and -day out. What the front office does or doesn't do to help the team isn't their fault/concern. They give it their all, and I'm having fun watching them play!!! :thumbup: -fe

tgunz makes a gutsy call and barely misses.

The Reds are doing it with smoke and mirrors. Their run differential is -41. No other team over .500 has anywhere near such a negative differential.

Is this team poised for the World Series? Hardly, but this team has more heart and drive than anyother team out there. :thumbup:
The Phils have 29 come from behind wins this year - tops in the NL - this would lead me to believe they have as much if not more heart then the Reds - and an actual chance at making the postseason. you want heart? check out the boxscore from friday's game against the Braves.

Users who are viewing this thread