What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How 'bout them Reds! (3 Viewers)

What an exciting team. Fan base has been waiting a while for a team like this. Hope they are buyers and make the postseason as there seems to be something special about this team.

What an exciting team. Fan base has been waiting a while for a team like this. Hope they are buyers and make the postseason as there seems to be something special about this team.
Expanded playoffs keep more teams in the race longer, so we may not know who the sellers are for another 3-4 weeks. And with the current state of the Reds rotation, who knows if the bats can stay hot enough for that long.

I think starting pitching is going to be pretty expensive to acquire this year.

Man.....I hope ownership doesn't screw this team up.
I have been disappointed, mad, and upset by their decisions in the past. But if they screw this team up, I will literally be heartbroken and walk away forever.

I walked away from the Reds, and baseball, a long time ago. I saw a news clip where the Reds were in first place and looked at the roster. Joey Votto was the only name I recognized on the whole team.

I don't think I'll be back.

I walked away from the Reds, and baseball, a long time ago. I saw a news clip where the Reds were in first place and looked at the roster. Joey Votto was the only name I recognized on the whole team.

After several years of fielding garbage rosters, this team Is really really fun to watch, and I think the pitch clock and elimination. Of the shift has made the games much more watchable.

You’re mussing out. This team is as exciting and as fun as any Reds team I can remember. As fun as the 1990 team for sure!
Holding off on comparing them to the 75-76 teams until they win a playoff series.

This upcoming Brewers series is the most anticipated series I can remember in a long time.
A little nervous about losing momentum over the all star break.

No idea what the reservoir tip on Elly’s bat is about, but pointing to it after the homer was awesome.
Any truth to the rumors MLB is considering suspending Nick Castellanos for this?

What I read on Twitter during the game is that this is to record bat speed, etc. But Elly took the computer chip out of it before the game, which is why he was allowed to put it back on. What did Castellanos do?

No idea what the reservoir tip on Elly’s bat is about, but pointing to it after the homer was awesome.
Any truth to the rumors MLB is considering suspending Nick Castellanos for this?

What I read on Twitter during the game is that this is to record bat speed, etc. But Elly took the computer chip out of it before the game, which is why he was allowed to put it back on. What did Castellanos do?
I was just jokingly referring back to when Castellanos got kicked out or suspended or fined or whatever seemingly every time he showed emotion for the Reds early on the season a couple years ago.

I'm not a Jon India hater, but the more he struggles at the plate, I don't know what they do with the young talent in the infield. (and now the outfield)
He brings so much leadership to the clubhouse.
I was thinking a few weeks ago, maybe he gets moved to 3B or LF but dang it if Will Benson hasn't worked himself into an everyday player.
I have no problem seeing Elly at third and Matty at SS, but I think eventually Elly gets moved to the everyday SS spot for his range and McLain becomes the everyday 2B.
Then what do they do with CES and Marte next year??

It's fun to finally be able to talk about a roster where there are options to move guys around and actually use the word "glut" when describing infield talent.
The future is bright! As long as ownership is willing to pay some of these dudes!!

I'm not a Jon India hater, but the more he struggles at the plate, I don't know what they do with the young talent in the infield. (and now the outfield)

We talking about the guy who's on pace for 26 HR, 130 R, 98 RBI, and 24 steals? As a second basemen?
Depending on what metric you want to consider,
If you just want to double up on his strong start of the season, sure.
Conversely CBS SportsLine projects him for 17 HR, 85 runs, 68 RBI

Next three are huge. If they can't get past the Brewers this week, does that push them one way or the other for being buyers in the trade market?
In the previous six game - two series set with the Brewers, it was hitting that was the biggest problem. I'd hate to see them give up prospects this year for pitching, when they could get Greene and Lodolo back to cure some of what ails them.

Next three are huge. If they can't get past the Brewers this week, does that push them one way or the other for being buyers in the trade market?
In the previous six game - two series set with the Brewers, it was hitting that was the biggest problem. I'd hate to see them give up prospects this year for pitching, when they could get Greene and Lodolo back to cure some of what ails them.
I think India is the guy most likely to be moved for some kind of pitching. Infield looks like a logjam right now, but moving India and phasing out Votto after this year might right-size things.

Probably won’t get what we really want, btu I think that might be the move.

… and I think that ball Elly hit a few minutes ago just landed in Chicago.

I think India is the guy most likely to be moved for some kind of pitching. Infield looks like a logjam right now, but moving India and phasing out Votto after this year might right-size things.

Probably won’t get what we really want, btu I think that might be the move.

… and I think that ball Elly hit a few minutes ago just landed in Chicago.
The scoreboard sign taunting him about his previous at bat ate a plate full of karma.

I have no problem with the Reds not giving up future talent for a rental this season.
I just go back to what my expectations were when the season began and they’ve far exceeded that.
However having the GM do a live in game interview saying they’re happy with who they have while getting throttled by a thousand runs was what I would call “really bad timing”.

😂😂

Feel like this team had like 5 rookie of the year candidates and been a much needed breath of fresh air, but fighting disappointment about what could’ve been with any kind of luck/better investment with aspects of the pitching game.

All but eliminated (tonight’s still in progress thrashing of the Cards notwithstanding), but the way they started I thought we were gonna flirt with another 100 losses.

If sophomore slumps can be minimized and Lodolo and Greene can stay healthy and perform anywhere close to expectations next year could be truly special.

Winning record and the #2 overall pick! Please and thank you!
Any chance or interest in landing Dylan Cease, Tyler Glasnow or Shane Bieber?

I’m ready for baseball and Phil Castellini hasn’t done anything I am aware of recently to hack me off,

Gonna be leery of the pitching until proven otherwise, but I am excited to see if we can build on last year’s exciting offense.

Let’s go already! Who cares if it will still be 40 degrees for the next month?!?

I’m ready for baseball and Phil Castellini hasn’t done anything I am aware of recently to hack me off,

Gonna be leery of the pitching until proven otherwise, but I am excited to see if we can build on last year’s exciting offense.

Let’s go already! Who cares if it will still be 40 degrees for the next month?!?
The starting pitching is beginning to worry me a little. I don't know how much of the misery is due to guys trying new things, but man, they have not looked sharp.
And the cold weather never bodes well for pitching when guys can't stay warm between innings.

Users who are viewing this thread