What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How good do we feel about Vereen being activated? (1 Viewer)

Looked like he's been in the offense all year. He was on the field a ton, including with the game on the line. He made what, 3, 4 first downs? He's a guy they will lean on when they need a play and he looks primed for it. Thrilled I held on to him.

Pietaster2 said:
Raider Nation said:
Led the team in catches and yards. He is basically a WR who is eligible at RB in fantasy.
Vereen is basically their WR1 now.

Wish the league I owned him in was PPR. I'd call Gronk the Pats WR1, but he is something else entirely.
Vereen will get range of 5-8 carries against your average to sub-par front 7s going forward, which they play plenty of rest of season.

You have to remember too that all the Pats offensive players took a bit of a hit tonight because Carolina is so effective at Time of possession, you can see why they lead the league in TOP because they milk the clock on everyplay. They really didn't stop the Pats often but the Pats really didn't run that many plays because Carolina's offense was on the field so much.

Next week against Denver you can be sure the Broncos will move the ball faster vs NE and their weak secondary and the Pats will have to pass most of the game to keep up. Next weeks game really sets up nicely for Vereen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed, I own him in one league and liked last night. I didn't see much rust at all. All the targets, the first downs and Ridley fumbling again make him a nice flex starter or a starter if ADP misses this week. I sat him for Rice knowing Rice had a supreme matchup, but I would have been happy getting 14 PPR points in the first game back. The sentiment above is spot on about Denver, he will probably get a big snap percentage. NE's D isn't good enough to stop Denver, so Ridley won't be that effective and won't be used as much. Carolina does milk the clock quite a bit, although with Brady and Cam not throwing a lot of incompletions, the game seemed like it never really stopped. Manning isn't going to play that way.

I am expecting a shoot out, maybe not on the Dallas level, but Vereen, Gronk, Brady and the entire Denver O should all have good FF games.

Given the fact that he was just activated before the game, that they were playing a ridiculous defense, they didn't have nearly the number of plays the ordinarily would I think his resulting touches/targets were very impressive. Definite flex play from here on out and if he happens to find the end zone once in a while he'll be money.

Users who are viewing this thread