What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How high do you have All-Day Peterson? (1 Viewer)

Portis is older, not as talented, has a lot more ware on his tires, and runs behind a worse OL than Peterson. Hopefully that answers your question.

Last edited:
I have Peterson second, Portis sixth in redrafts, and Peterson first and Portis, well, probably slightly lower than sixth in dynasty.

I'd take Portis in a redraft because he is more consistent. I cant afford to lose games every time my stud get under 5. Portis isnt as flashy but he wont lose me as many games as AP will. Not to mention that Childress is one of the worst HCs in the league. I had Chester a few years ago, and the playcalling drove me crazy. Portis is one of the few non-rbbc backs left. He will get tons of yards just because of the volume of touches he will get. In dynasty, I'm only counting on Portis for 2 more years.

I'd take Portis in a redraft because he is more consistent. I cant afford to lose games every time my stud get under 5.
:thumbup: Go for the supermodel every time.

She may have a headache now and then... but once she wants to perform for you, it's earth-shattering.
ya'll can fight over the supermodels. I'll take the girls next door every time.
That's easy to type. I want to see a video of you at your draft taking Portis when AP is on the board.

I'd take Portis in a redraft because he is more consistent. I cant afford to lose games every time my stud get under 5. Portis isnt as flashy but he wont lose me as many games as AP will.
Let's be fair - ADP was a rookie. He had a few bad games, but I really don't think he's going to be this huge "hit big or whiff completely" player week-in / week-out. I'd take him over Portis in any format.

AD is 23.

Portis is 26.

People seem to think Portis is older than he actually is.

I have AD @1 dynasty & redraft, CP a little lower. :goodposting:

I'd take Portis in a redraft because he is more consistent. I cant afford to lose games every time my stud get under 5. Portis isnt as flashy but he wont lose me as many games as AP will. Not to mention that Childress is one of the worst HCs in the league. I had Chester a few years ago, and the playcalling drove me crazy. Portis is one of the few non-rbbc backs left. He will get tons of yards just because of the volume of touches he will get. In dynasty, I'm only counting on Portis for 2 more years.
playing not to lose is a great way to finish midpack every year.

AD is 23.Portis is 26.People seem to think Portis is older than he actually is.I have AD @1 dynasty & redraft, CP a little lower. :)
AD just turned 23. Portis turns 27 before the season starts. Their wear & tear is a bit different.But I'm happy to own both of them.

It's interesting to see how close Portis is to ADP in some of your rankings. I'm in a two-keeper league with LT and Portis. The ADP owner will probably shop him, but I just don't think ADP is so much better than Portis that it warrants giving up Portis and a high draft pick for him. It might be worth it to take the hit this year and suggest a trade, so that the future is locked up. I'm partial to Portis becasue when he is healthy he can be an uber-stud. I'm thinking this year might be different without the rbbc that the skins had last year.

AD is 23.Portis is 26.People seem to think Portis is older than he actually is.I have AD @1 dynasty & redraft, CP a little lower. :cry:
AD just turned 23. Portis turns 27 before the season starts. Their wear & tear is a bit different.But I'm happy to own both of them.
do not forget about ADP's injury history. he has been hurt his last 2 years(last year at OU and rookie year in NFL) playing football(maybe 3 years, was he hurt his soph. year at OU)

It's interesting to see how close Portis is to ADP in some of your rankings. I'm in a two-keeper league with LT and Portis. The ADP owner will probably shop him, but I just don't think ADP is so much better than Portis that it warrants giving up Portis and a high draft pick for him. It might be worth it to take the hit this year and suggest a trade, so that the future is locked up. I'm partial to Portis becasue when he is healthy he can be an uber-stud. I'm thinking this year might be different without the rbbc that the skins had last year.
:cry:
Code:
Player	Att  Yds  Yds/Att  TD   Portis	325  1262  3.9	 11   Betts	  93   335  3.6	  1
ap has more talent, a better situation, and has much less wear and tear.

Last edited by a moderator:
I worry about ADP injury history too... history shows, if the guy can not stay healthy in college... he will not stay healthy in the pros. ADP is going to be one of those Elite Talents that will drive you nutz w/ injury reports.

CP, you know what your getting... a top 5 too 10 Back each hes healthy... and I see Portis having 2 more "Good" yrs left.

hmm, and yet my strategy has lead me to lead the league in scoring 3 out of the 5 years I've played and top 4 the other 2 years. the beauty of fantasy sports is that there are many ways to succeed and to assume that yours is the only way is rather arrogant.I avaoid ALL players that are hit and miss, aka Vick types. The reason is that I build teams around consistency. If every player I have puts up his average, then my team will do very well. And until Minnesota does something to force teams not to stack the box, AP can be shut down as proved late last year. On the plus side, he does score alot and he gets to play 4 games a year against Detroit and Chicago. But thats not enough for me to annoint him as FF god like so many others are doing.And as far as needing a video of me passing on AP, I didnt bid a single $1 on him last year, and I dont anticipate bidding at all for him come this years draft either.

I worry about ADP injury history too... history shows, if the guy can not stay healthy in college... he will not stay healthy in the pros. ADP is going to be one of those Elite Talents that will drive you nutz w/ injury reports.CP, you know what your getting... a top 5 too 10 Back each hes healthy... and I see Portis having 2 more "Good" yrs left.
I think that ADP will be similar to P Holmes, in that he will give you great stats n the overall. But you know going in that you will be without him for a few games every year.

Clinton Portis at his best can rush for 1500+ yards a season.

Adrian Peterson at his best can rush for 1800+ yards in a season.

That's the difference between the 2 backs.

hmm, and yet my strategy has lead me to lead the league in scoring 3 out of the 5 years I've played and top 4 the other 2 years. the beauty of fantasy sports is that there are many ways to succeed and to assume that yours is the only way is rather arrogant.I avaoid ALL players that are hit and miss, aka Vick types. The reason is that I build teams around consistency. If every player I have puts up his average, then my team will do very well. And until Minnesota does something to force teams not to stack the box, AP can be shut down as proved late last year. On the plus side, he does score alot and he gets to play 4 games a year against Detroit and Chicago. But thats not enough for me to annoint him as FF god like so many others are doing.And as far as needing a video of me passing on AP, I didnt bid a single $1 on him last year, and I dont anticipate bidding at all for him come this years draft either.
:goodposting: As a Skins' homer he will definitely be incorporated into the passing game a lot more than in the past after snagging 47 receptions this past year. Keep in mind he put up fairly good numbers last year with the entire right side of the line decimated after week 2. If that o-line stays healthy I look for Portis to put up some great numbers this year.

I worry about ADP injury history too... history shows, if the guy can not stay healthy in college... he will not stay healthy in the pros. ADP is going to be one of those Elite Talents that will drive you nutz w/ injury reports.CP, you know what your getting... a top 5 too 10 Back each hes healthy... and I see Portis having 2 more "Good" yrs left.
And we all know that Portis has no injury history at all :link:

And we all know that Portis has no injury history at all :goodposting:
CP finished last yr w/ out missing one game

And until Minnesota does something to force teams not to stack the box, AP can be shut down as proved late last year.
Offseason News
I picked up Berrian, but he still needs a QB to throw it to him. Jackson just doesnt impress me at all.
Jackson had a better statistical rookie season than Donovan McNabb, running the same offense.Patience, grasshopper.
I dont only look at stats, I watch games and he looked horrible more often than not. And having patience doesnt help AP not face stacked boxes. I think that NFL coaches are killing teams by trying to grab the next Big Ben instead of giving QBs the time they need to learn the NFL. Just look at the number of young QBs that are struggling and doing their teams more harm than good.And Childress is still an idiot.

And until Minnesota does something to force teams not to stack the box, AP can be shut down as proved late last year.
Offseason News
I picked up Berrian, but he still needs a QB to throw it to him. Jackson just doesnt impress me at all.
Jackson had a better statistical rookie season than Donovan McNabb, running the same offense.Patience, grasshopper.
I dont only look at stats, I watch games and he looked horrible more often than not. And having patience doesnt help AP not face stacked boxes. I think that NFL coaches are killing teams by trying to grab the next Big Ben instead of giving QBs the time they need to learn the NFL. Just look at the number of young QBs that are struggling and doing their teams more harm than good.
Man, you are tough on the kid.Jackson had GARBAGE at wideout before Rice came into his own late in the season. Defenses had zero reason NOT to put 8 in the box against AP. Berrian is one of the best deep threats in the league. There's no way you can cheat and leave him 1-on-1, as you could with Minny's receivers last season. I already own Peterson in a dynasty league. My plan is to reach a bit for Berrian (who nobody has rostered -- each owner can only keep three players)... maybe taking him a round before he should go, so that whether Minnesota scores via land -or- air, I will figure to benefit from it.

Offseason News
I dont only look at stats, I watch games and he looked horrible more often than not. And having patience doesnt help AP not face stacked boxes. I think that NFL coaches are killing teams by trying to grab the next Big Ben instead of giving QBs the time they need to learn the NFL. Just look at the number of young QBs that are struggling and doing their teams more harm than good.
Man, you are tough on the kid.Jackson had GARBAGE at wideout before Rice came into his own late in the season. Defenses had zero reason NOT to put 8 in the box against AP. Berrian is one of the best deep threats in the league. There's no way you can cheat and leave him 1-on-1, as you could with Minny's receivers last season. I already own Peterson in a dynasty league. My plan is to reach a bit for Berrian (who nobody has rostered -- each owner can only keep three players)... maybe taking him a round before he should go, so that whether Minnesota scores via land -or- air, I will figure to benefit from it.
I dont think its his fault that he looked horrible. IIRC, he was considered to be a project when he joined the Vikings, but they didnt make a project out of him, they threw him to the lions with no good mentor to help him. I did grab Berrian and I hope that the Vikings and Texans come up with a plan to trade Sage and give TJ some much needed time to grow.

Offseason News
I dont think its his fault that he looked horrible. IIRC, he was considered to be a project when he joined the Vikings, but they didnt make a project out of him, they threw him to the lions with no good mentor to help him. I did grab Berrian and I hope that the Vikings and Texans come up with a plan to trade Sage and give TJ some much needed time to grow.
Don't get your hopes up. Kubiak is intent on keeping all three of his capable QBs. At least that is the company line. I agree that Rosenfels would thrive in Minnesota, however.

Offseason News
Basing your fantasy team's performance off of a real NFL teams performance, the Vikings in this case, more often then not leads to failure. I know first hand drafting Marc Bulger, Steven Jackson, and Randy McMichael last year. That went swell.

:confused:

Offseason News
Basing your fantasy team's performance off of a real NFL teams performance, the Vikings in this case, more often then not leads to failure. I know first hand drafting Marc Bulger, Steven Jackson, and Randy McMichael last year. That went swell.
Not true. There is no hard-and-fast rule of thumb on that strategy. You only see it as a negative because the fact that it didn't work out for you is fresh in your memory. I won a championship a few years back with the cornerstones of my team being Hasselbeck and Alexander. They both tore it up down the stretch, and I rolled to the title. I LOVE having a QB/RB combo from the same team. If they throw for a TD, you get points. If they run for the TD (and SA set the record that year), you get points. And if they score on a screen pass or swing pass to the RB, you are :confused: ....

Ned said:
Calling something "a no-brainer" is a great way to get threads bumped.

Raider Nation said:
Funbags said:
Raider Nation said:
King of the Wolfies said:
Raider Nation said:
Raider Nation said:
Offseason News
Not true. There is no hard-and-fast rule of thumb on that strategy. You only see it as a negative because the fact that it didn't work out for you is fresh in your memory. I won a championship a few years back with the cornerstones of my team being Hasselbeck and Alexander. They both tore it up down the stretch, and I rolled to the title. I LOVE having a QB/RB combo from the same team. If they throw for a TD, you get points. If they run for the TD (and SA set the record that year), you get points. And if they score on a screen pass or swing pass to the RB, you are :P ....
If you're smart there's no "hard and fast" rules period when drafting, whether it's in regards tp drafting players on the same team or "boom/bust" guys vs. "consistent" players. Each draft is it's own, and there's just too many variables within each one to pigeonhole yourself into a certain strategy.That said, there's no way I'd take Portis ahead of ADP in any draft. His durability is a concern (enough so that I'd still take LT2 at 1.01), but that talent behind that line? Easy choice.

Users who are viewing this thread