What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How long is your leash entering week 3? (1 Viewer)

KentGraham10

Footballguy
How long do you give your starters to show up before you replace them with productive bench players? Personally I'm at the point right now where my bench was outscoring my starters in my main IDP dynasty league entering Sunday night's game. Are other 0-2 owners like myself giving guys like Percy Harvin, DeAngelo Williams, and Michael Turner another week to perform or are you ready to start some promising bench players for week three?

Michael Turner
Michael Turner started off great yesterday until he hurt his groin. The week before that he was running against the Steel Curtain. If he is healthy next game I would play him.
You can probably throw MJD in this conversation as well, however I think that its too early to bench any of the three RBs, unless you have a very good option behind them. As noted above, Turner was running well prior to tweaking his groin, and he could have returned if the game wasn't a blow out. He should be fine. Williams and MJD are a little more problematic because their lack of performance is symptomatic of overall team offensive woes. I'd stick with both for a couple more weeks but I would be apprehensive.Harvin is also suffering from some offensive problems, but I think some of his issues come from playing at a different position from last year. I haven't watched a lot of the Minny games but I understand he's playing on the outside, whereas he was primarily a slot receiver last year. Until he learns the nuances of the new position change and Minny's offense shows signs of improving I would probably bench him. I believe his hip might be slowing him as well. I'd bench him if other options were available.

As a long time Panther fan, and a DWill owner, I am apalled at what I am seeing from my Panthers. I can't figure what the hell Fox and Co. are trying to do right now. 2 weeks in a row I have witnessed situations where in years past would have been a no-brainer for pound the rock left, pound the rock right, but ended up seeing Moore doing his B. Favre impersonation.

I'd hate to think that coaches would be phoning it in - but it almost feels like Fox knows that he will be somewhere else next year and is trying to leave some nice draft picks as a welcoming gift for the next HC to be.

I am so pissed right now. Unfortunately - I have to roll with DWill until I can find a suitable replacement.

I've had enough of Harvin, he's going to the bench.
:lmao: At some point, they will figure out how to get him involved and he will have some big games. I'm just not willing to keep running him out there for 3 pts a week in the mean time.

Exactly, he keeps posting the lowest totals in my lineup. I'm sure he'll blow up next week, but I just need see some more consistency right now. I've sat players like Eddie Royal who have out-produced Harvin in 2 games so far and I really need the points.

Exactly, he keeps posting the lowest totals in my lineup. I'm sure he'll blow up next week, but I just need see some more consistency right now. I've sat players like Eddie Royal who have out-produced Harvin in 2 games so far and I really need the points.
Harvin is playing the Lions week 3 though. I'm kind of in the mindset that if I'm not playing him against the Lions I might as well just trade him for peanuts.

Steve Smith, NYG is starting to irk me and I've got some other guys who are producing twice his total points for two weeks now on the bench.....one more week of 4-5 catches, less than 50 yds and no TD's = the bench for Dez Bryant or Jacoby Jones (we get return yard points).

MJD hasn't been good, but no way do I miss out on the 200 total yards and 3 TD's that he can put up on any given week. Plus "bad" for him is still points, so I'll never sit him.

Flacco--yea, ur a #1 fantasy qb all right

Charles--not ur fault ur coach is a mental midget

Harvin--what was i thinking drafting this dumb panzy?

Harvin is playing the Lions week 3 though. I'm kind of in the mindset that if I'm not playing him against the Lions I might as well just trade him for peanuts.
It's a cake matchup but if he's limited in practice again this week he sits. I liked how aggressive the Vikings were in getting him the ball early but if he can't be trusted to play the whole game I can't take the risk of starting him no matter how appealing the matchup is.

Brothers Mayhem said:
As a long time Panther fan, and a DWill owner, I am apalled at what I am seeing from my Panthers. I can't figure what the hell Fox and Co. are trying to do right now. 2 weeks in a row I have witnessed situations where in years past would have been a no-brainer for pound the rock left, pound the rock right, but ended up seeing Moore doing his B. Favre impersonation.I'd hate to think that coaches would be phoning it in - but it almost feels like Fox knows that he will be somewhere else next year and is trying to leave some nice draft picks as a welcoming gift for the next HC to be. I am so pissed right now. Unfortunately - I have to roll with DWill until I can find a suitable replacement.
It either feels like Fox wants to punch his ticket out of town ... or he wants to sandbag early then finish 8-8 winning his last 6 and getting another year of pay.

If you're benching Deangelo or Turner, you better be in a league where you can start 2 RB's only.

Especially Turner. No excuse for benching him. He could easily lead the league in rushing this year. That OL blew holes threw Arizona and Turner was on fire before his injury.

If healthy, he's a must start.

And if Clausen takes over, Fox will have to rely more on his running game...right?

Regardless, you can't draft guys in the first and second rounds, and then bench them after two games.

If you bench Deangelo, you miss the inevitable explosive game that he has coming very soon.

Steve Smith, NYG is starting to irk me and I've got some other guys who are producing twice his total points for two weeks now on the bench.....one more week of 4-5 catches, less than 50 yds and no TD's = the bench for Dez Bryant or Jacoby Jones (we get return yard points).MJD hasn't been good, but no way do I miss out on the 200 total yards and 3 TD's that he can put up on any given week. Plus "bad" for him is still points, so I'll never sit him.
:goodposting: Benching Smith for Dez Bryant starting next week.

What about D. Bowe? This guy looks horrible!
He's on my bench for the foreseeable future, if not permanently. I'd trade him but he has zero value.I'm trying to move McFadden for a real WR2 (to replace Bowe), but if I can't, I think he's going in over Charles for a little bit too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have Best in 5 of 7 Leagues. He has been my rb2/flex in 4 of 5, but the 5th only starts two rbs. MJD fell a little when people were worried about his knee and I got SJax in the 2nd, Best in 5th. Had the Be(a)st on the bench the past two wks, unless he gets hurt, he will not be there again!

Users who are viewing this thread