What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How many players do you keep in your dynasty league? (1 Viewer)

:lurker:

Footballguy
I play in a dynasty league that has evolved over the years. Just wondering what other leagues look like looking across the following criteria:

1. Number of keeps

2. Number of teams

3. Starters

4. In season roster size

5. IR or no IR

6. Misc

My league looks like this:

1. 14

2. 10

3. 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1K 1IDP

4. 19

5. No IR

6. Pretty standard otherwise

I pretty much like this set up but could do without the IDP. The pool of players is too large and its pretty much a useless spot. Keeping 14 gives you enough space to stash a couple of real long shots but not so many that there aren't interesting guys still out there for the draft.

Interested to hear the pros/cons of other setups.

I'm in a dynasty league, but our bench isn't as deep as I would prefer. We start 22 total players, 11 on offense, and 11 on defense.

2 QB

3 RB

4 WR

1 TE

1 PK

4 DL

3 LB

4 DB

Our roster is set at 40. We expanded it from 34 this offseason, thank God. I'm hoping next year we add a three-man practice squad for rookies.

12X30 for 3 leagues (non-IDP), 2 have 2 IR spots, 1 has 3, both expand during the off season

I just don't understand how people can play in anything less than that. Seems like you would be forced to drop prospects on the regular because the waiver wire would be so stacked

Last edited by a moderator:
12X30 for 3 leagues (non-IDP), 2 have 2 IR spots, 1 has 3, both expand during the off seasonI just don't understand how people can play in anything less than that. Seems like you would be forced to drop prospects on the regular because the waiver wire would be so stacked
Keeping rosters smaller keeps it more interesting for the owners who are less involved while still giving you room to keep some younger players who have yet to break out.In a perfect world I would love to expand the rosters but it would definitely push guys out of my league.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread