What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How many years will trump be president (1 Viewer)

How many years

• Less than one

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • More than one but less than four

Votes: 53 30.5%
  • Four

Votes: 81 46.6%
  • More than four but less than eight

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Eight

Votes: 27 15.5%
  • More than eight

Votes: 11 6.3%

• Total voters
If his health holds out he'll make it four. Our flabby orange leader doesn't look so great though.
Someone should tell him staying up all night at 70 years old isn't advisable. He really looks like #### and he hasn't even taken office yet.

I don't think the stress will eat him up the way it does most presidents. That is the upside to being oblivious.
True. But something is going on. He already looks like it is taking a toll on him. Maybe he won't have the traditional stress that Presidents do. It may be more in the realm of losing his mind and staying up until all hours reading what people post about him on Twitter and say on SNL. 

4 - more than 50% we hit a big recession in the next 4 years, it won't be 2007-2009 bad, but it'll be ugly. Think that'll impact his key demographic and he'll lose that support in 2020.

Is Trump a hard worker?  I'm being sincere - does he have a reputation as being a workoholic?  
I've heard he is. Certainly the last 6 months of the campaign should prove that. 

As far as I'm concerned, and this includes both Trump and Hillary, any person who makes it all the way to the end of a modern Presidential campaign has to have energy and stamina beyond my imagination. All of those speeches and events and rallies and you constantly have to be "up" and energized-it boggles the mind. 

He's not going to want to go through this again at 74. I bet early on he claims to take one for the team and only do one term so he can focus on pushing his agenda and not re-election. 

Well the wisdom of the FFA has him leading either 2 years, 4 years or forever 

Nixon was impeached in his second term as was Clinton.  

I went with more than one and less than four, but after thinking a bit, four is the more probable outcome.  I just think Trump has a much higher probability than most other presidents of not even making it to the next election because of the possibility of impeachment.

I went with more than one and less than four, but after thinking a bit, four is the more probable outcome.  I just think Trump has a much higher probability than most other presidents of not even making it to the next election because of the possibility of impeachment.
What circumstances will cause a Republican Congress to investigate, impeach, and remove Donald Trump? I'm having trouble thinking of a reasonable scenario here. 

Doesn't having his own party in charge diminish the likelihood of impeachment?  Something like 23 republicans would have to vote for impeachment.

What circumstances will cause a Republican Congress to investigate, impeach, and remove Donald Trump? I'm having trouble thinking of a reasonable scenario here. 
Is it totally out of the realm of possibility that the republicans would impeach trump if he does enough stuff to piss them off just to get pence behind the wheel?

Maybe this is just me being naive, but I would like to think that when it becomes obvious that Trump is using the office as a way of personally enriching himself, it will be egregious enough to force the GOP's hand.  Or maybe you're right and it will become a party-line vote like the Clinton impeachment was for Democrats.  

Knowing Trump, this probably will not remain a hypothetical discussion for long.  I do fully expect that Republicans will be put to the test at some point.

I say four, but once he realizes its not all tweets and false news, he wont run for reelection.  however, he is having rallies still, so you never know.

I'm going to go with 'too many'.

I voted more than one but less than four. I think there's a >0% chance he resigns in a couple of years.

I don't think he'll be impeached, but I question if he's mentally healthy enough to last 4 years. 

Liberals still crying and making new threads?
Liberals and conservatives are making predictions on the length of his presidency.  Trump is the Patron Saint of crybabies, so I don't get your obsession with liberals allegedly doing it. 

I voted <1 which, granted, is wishful thinking. He doesn't really want the job and his buffoonery is getting him into trouble already. I just don't think he can make it a year without either being forced out or walking away into some other reality tour.

:lmao:  With who?
For starters, and least concerning are his tweets about SNL. Less than presidential and somewhat pathetic as that lady tweeted. But more concerning are his missteps with Pakistan, China and Taiwan. Seems like an unwise move to anger those folks but I believe he did it unintentionally. He doesn't know what he doesn't know. He is a buffoon.

I went with more than 8. Not sure if we'll still be calling it/him "president" by then rather than some other title like Dear Leader or something, but that's really more of a technicality.

Went with less than 4 years. I've got a gut feeling he'll piss off someone/somebody enough that he'll get assassinated before his first term is half-way through.

I've heard he is. Certainly the last 6 months of the campaign should prove that. 

As far as I'm concerned, and this includes both Trump and Hillary, any person who makes it all the way to the end of a modern Presidential campaign has to have energy and stamina beyond my imagination. All of those speeches and events and rallies and you constantly have to be "up" and energized-it boggles the mind. 
Or some of the best drugs money can buy!

Odds are on 8.  For a President not to be reelected takes pretty major circumstances.  Last time it happened was 1992.  And President can be a mostly part time job if you want it to be.  So I doubt health/age will be an issue.

Odds are on 8.  For a President not to be reelected takes pretty major circumstances.  Last time it happened was 1992.  And President can be a mostly part time job if you want it to be.  So I doubt health/age will be an issue.
not sure i've heard it referred to as a part time job in recent history

Users who are viewing this thread