What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How much do you tip the guys delivering a fridge and stove (1 Viewer)

Righetti

Footballguy
How much do you tip two guys who deliver a fridge and a stove

Fridge was a pain because they had to remove it from inside a cabinet   One guy had to convince his boss to allow them to move it   

Stove was a pain because there was a small leak and they had to do a small repair  boss negotiator guy did the repair 

(They will charge us for the part and the labor for the repair)

I’m thinking $40 for the boss negotiator/stove leak fixer and $20 for the guy who was trying to convince the first guy to just leave and deal with it tomorrow 

We are also asking them to move the old fridge to the garage.   They have to move it anyway, so not a huge deal but a little extra work. 

Fridge was a pain because they had to remove it from inside a cabinet   One guy had to convince his boss to allow them to move it   

Stove was a pain because there was a small leak and they had to do a small repair  boss negotiator guy did the repair 

I’m thinking $40 for the boss negotiator/stove leak fixer and $20 for the guy who was trying to convince the first guy to just leave and deal with it tomorrow 
I think you're spot on.

Yup. I think I did $20/lifter. That stuff is not fun, especially when you start bringing stairs into the picture. Dudes really don't get enough credit for what they do.

We are also asking them to move the old fridge to the garage.   They have to move it anyway, so not a huge deal but a little extra work. 
I gave both guys $20 when I got a new fridge a few weeks ago. They hauled away my crappy old garage fridge and put the kitchen one in the garage. That wasn’t what they had to do based on the moving terms so I gave them $20 a piece. It was an easy move in (other than switching what they hauled away, straight moves with plenty of space) so I figured that was good.

Standard 20%. More if they are relatively professional and don't scratch up the walls and everything bringing it in.

Users who are viewing this thread