What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How much education do you have (poll)? (1 Viewer)

How much education do you have?

• None.

Votes: 4 1.1%
  • GED.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HS Diploma

Votes: 31 8.6%
  • Associates Degree

Votes: 21 5.8%
  • Bachelors Degree

Votes: 139 38.6%
  • Masters Degree

Votes: 104 28.9%
  • Doctorates Degree

Votes: 52 14.4%
  • Trade / Vocational Certification

Votes: 9 2.5%

• Total voters

Eminence

Footballguy
Curious on the demographics of FBG.com forums. Please respond to the poll including your highest form of education. Feel free to post specifics.

Also, I would like to establish the bias that those who actually have an education are more likely to respond to an anonymous poll. So I would chisel about 5% off of the upper-graduate degrees to get a better overall picture.

Your mileage may vary

Thank god for computers, or I would either be a fat fireman, or a fat waiter.

Edit: I have "some college". It's a lot, but it doesn't count for squat in the job world.

Last edited by a moderator:
High school diploma, then got a degree in "computer operations" from one of those ITT-type schools which is now defunct. That got me a job in a datacenter, working in the tape library. Old school stuff before server farms were the norm. From there I moved into a contract position at GE, where I slaved away for 6 years as a low-level cubicle drone. My division moved from CT to GA which allowed me to relocate down here. Moved on to a telecom startup which was later absorbed by a major telecom company where I work to this day, as a project manager. I got my PMP certification in '08.

My boss is pushing me to get an online bachelor's so that I can move to the next level, but I really don't want to, given the time and money that would entail and the relatively minor bump in pay that would result. I'm already at the top end of my salary range just from longevity and getting stellar performance reviews every year.

Lately, whenever I consider my age and what I do and what I'll be doing in 10 years, I kind of hope I get hit by a bus. My wife would get a nice insurance payout at least.

I just finished my masters degree in Janurary. Got my bachelors from Michigan State in 2002, my teaching certificate from Oakland university in 2004, and my masters from Saginaw Valley State. I am considering phd in administration, but I recently had my first child and it is no longer a requirement to have one to continue my goals in my career. Translation, I will probably not pursue it.

I've just finished my doctoral degree (DBA with a concentration in Accounting) ...getting the last sign-offs this week, in fact.

"Readiness for Change and Perceptions of the Learning Organization in Public Accounting Firms" was the dissertation.

BS Computer Engineering

Took a couple of grad CS classes while working at my first engineering job and basically said f-this I don't need a master's.

I've just finished my doctoral degree (DBA with a concentration in Accounting) ...getting the last sign-offs this week, in fact.

"Readiness for Change and Perceptions of the Learning Organization in Public Accounting Firms" was the dissertation.
you should post this somewhere...sounds very interesting (ex Andersen employee).

Also, I would like to establish the bias that those who actually have an education are more likely to respond to an anonymous poll. So I would chisel about 5% off of the upper-graduate degrees to get a better overall picture.

Your mileage may vary
So, how does manipulating the data on a whim establish such a bias?

Bachelor's in Business. Thought about going back after my Master's several times. Really don't think it's hurt my career (Sales Leadership) by not having an MBA though

More than you.

Bachelors in Accounting with some post-graduate work and 13+ years of audit (including government, financial, compliance, forensic, performance and efficiency audits).

HS Diploma...Ive taken enough classes to have an Associate's

Although I will be starting school back soon as my employer gives everyone a credit card with $5,350/year to use for tuition and books...as long as the degree is related to the business in some way they will pay for it....

I have taken some classes that they paid for and have two designations, AIC and INS... Associate in Claims and Associate in General Insurance

We all know what you are trying to do here too. You are trying to show that you are above the audience that you are speaking too in your other thread.

Lets be honest though that the amount of your education or even your ACT/SAT scores doesn't mean you are smarter then others. Here is a good example.

I have a Masters and scored 27 on the ACT. My husband scored 22 on the ACT and dropped out of college. I can honestly say he is smarter then me. He has helped me with my homework before, I have watched him take on projects that he has no clue about and after reading the instructions or watching a youtube video he can usually do the tasks. We just had our first child and it seems like he finds the easier more efficient ways to feed and change her. When we watch movies he usually figures out the endings before I do. If you dropped each one of us on an island and told us to figure out a way to survive, he would survive a lot longer then I would.

We all know what you are trying to do here too. You are trying to show that you are above the audience that you are speaking too in your other thread.

Lets be honest though that the amount of your education or even your ACT/SAT scores doesn't mean you are smarter then others. Here is a good example.

I have a Masters and scored 27 on the ACT. My husband scored 22 on the ACT and dropped out of college. I can honestly say he is smarter then me. He has helped me with my homework before, I have watched him take on projects that he has no clue about and after reading the instructions or watching a youtube video he can usually do the tasks. We just had our first child and it seems like he finds the easier more efficient ways to feed and change her. When we watch movies he usually figures out the endings before I do. If you dropped each one of us on an island and told us to figure out a way to survive, he would survive a lot longer then I would.

Not fair to compare men to women.

I have a high school diploma with a bunch of college. I had the opportunity to take a real job midway through my college career thanks to the Dot Com craze. I always said I'd go back to finish, but now I'm 40 and I have no intention of going back anytime soon.

At my highest point, I was making a little over $150k a year. I'm making a considerable amount less now, but the Great Recession kind of took a toll on a lot of people, so I'm not too worried about that.

Not sure this is the results the OP was looking for. Most people are probably making between $80-130K here based on the degree types.

Users who are viewing this thread