What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How much of your FAAB are you bidding on Josh Gordon? (1 Viewer)

ankur

Footballguy
For leagues that run waivers before kickoff tomorrow-- what percentage of your budget are you bidding on Gordon?

I have seen people advocating numbers anywhere from 20% to 75%. Obviously, what you would do is highly dependent on your league's structure, but thought it would be instructive to all to see the range of opinions on this point.

EDIT-- my apologies for posting this multiple times; the site was hanging and all I did was hit refresh. Please delete the others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Waivers before kickoff tomorrow are FCFS in my league, but cost 4% of BB dollars. I jumped all over that, but I honestly don't know if I would go much higher. I think there are questions surrounding Gordon even if he is reinstated tomorrow. I am fairly strong at WR though.

Does that mean you are in for 4%? I am not sure that I understand your comment.
Yeah, sorry it's late. It cost 4% of our yearly budget to pickup players before Sunday at 1, but those pickups are first come, first served so no waiver process. I would probably go up to 10%, 15% if I was despirate at WR, but I doubt I would go much higher.

80-90%. Most people throughout the season can be picked up for next to nothing. Around the 2006 or 2007 season, the Broncos announced Mike Bell as their starting running back around this time. I bid about 90% of my total, which people thought was crazy. I ended up trading him to the person that had their previous starter and my #1 RB for Larry Johnson, and ended up winning the league that season. So gambling like this has paid off for me in the past, and if you are looking to gain an edge, this could be it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was lucky enough to get him for free before this entire possible early return really gained momentum. My best advice on how much to bid on him is to be aggressive. There are a couple things to consider here. The first thing is that if does indeed return--you are looking at a potential top 5-10wr when he plays--which is certainly worth the majority of ones free agent budget. Secondly---one also has to weigh the risk of gordon falling to one of their opponents--and how much it is worth to them to eliminate that risk. My advice to be aggressive because it has two potentially positive outcomes--either you land him--or you make sure your opponents don't get him too cheap. At this point--I think 50%+ of a free agent budget is very much in line.

Users who are viewing this thread