What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Huge Disparity in Average Auction Value (1 Viewer)

J Perusse

Footballguy
Can someone explain to me further why I am seeing such a large difference in the AAVs on Yahoo/ESPN and MFL?

I know that MFL is for the more diehard fans so these values are more representative of the true value of the players, but why on Earth are people consistently bidding over $70 for AP on Yahoo?

I also know that the default rankings have a lot of influence on how the auctions go, but come on now.

This is my first year in auction so I may be missing out on something that is a widely held belief, but what is the cause of these significant disparities?

Because there is no way to accurately predict these things.

It only takes a couple few people overpaying and a couple people hording money to throw it all off.

I'll say it again.. the ONLY way to prepare for these things is to practice. Do mocks on the site you will be using for the auction, the people in your draft will likely at least subconsciously use the values given by the software as a guide.

There is a lot of "feel" to auctions.. the best part about it imo.

Users who are viewing this thread