What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I am starting Danario Alexander over ______? (1 Viewer)

lukinrats

Footballguy
I think a lot of us have to decide who to bench in order to get DX in our line ups this week. Personally, I have Reggie Wayne and he has been there all year, except for a recent game. However, there are a lot of reason why I am afraid he will have a bad game this week. Since most of us can't afford a bad game this week, I think we have to at least consider benching someone in order to play a WR that is so HOT

Who are you deciding between?

Everyone. Seriously, against that secondary I don't have a single WR ranked higher this week.
I am not really questioning you here, but I would like to hear what you think is so bad about that secondary. In my league they are listed as only 9th most generous to opposing WR, and against the NFL average given to WR, they are -3.9I think you are right, but it is nice to hear peoples opinions. Kind of like, Reggie Wayne is going against a secondary that has been toasted way more than the Panthers have, so why should Danario be a better play against them than Reggie is against Houston?

Last edited by a moderator:
Antonio Brown and Justin Blackmon.

To the post above, the Panthers actual have a fairly good pass defense this season.

Everyone. Seriously, against that secondary I don't have a single WR ranked higher this week.
I am not really questioning you here, but I would like to hear what you think is so bad about that secondary. In my league they are listed as only 9th most generous to opposing WR, and against the NFL average given to WR, they are -3.9I think you are right, but it is nice to hear peoples opinions. Kind of like, Reggie Wayne is going against a secondary that has been toasted way more than the Panthers have, so why should Danario be a better play against them than Reggie is against Houston?
The year-long numbers are deceiving. The wheels have come come off that unit in the last few weeks. They're down to their 5th string safeties, one of their starting CBs just got benched. It's a complete cluster-#%$@ right now. DX is probably lining up against a backup CB who's like 6 inches shorter than him.

Mine: BMarsh, White, Wayne, DX. DX is in over Wayne right now. DX is on fire and Wayne has been on somewhat of a decline as Hilton as emerged (last game was an exception). He also has a tougher defense. If Rowdy Roddy can't go, Wayne it is.

Hopefully Cam Newton keeps playing the same way. I hope for another shootout. Stats on stats on stats on stats.

If you want specific names, I've got him on 2 teams. Below are who I'm starting and sitting for each at the moment:

Team 1: DX / Marshall / White (Bench: Jennings)

Team 2: DX / DT / Garcon (Bench: Nicks, Josh Gordon)

Colston. Again. Despite the fact that the FBG rankings keep slotting Colston above DX.

Looks like I have a tougher decision that most. The names I have seen mentioned are "no brainers" for the most part. I don't think DX over Wayne is all that easy to decide on. I will have to marinate on it some more

now that Bradshaw is out and I am starting Wilson in my flex, I am starting DX over Randall Cobb. (I have Megatron)

Greg Jennings and Torrey Smith. didn't start him last week (used Jennings) and don't intend to repeat the mistake. My other starting WR is AJ greene. With my luck with WR2's this year this will be the week Smith goes off.

Over Fitzgerald and Jennings. Not too hard of a call to make. I regret not playing him last week vs the Steelers.

ya i mean, hes like a top 10 wr this week. i mean, calvin and mega for sure. marshall and demaryius and vjax sure. but after that, you gotta be generous to prefer andre,julio and cruz.

Dthomas is my 1. Starting DX over Nicks and Steve Smith. Tough though as all have good matchups. Fantasypros.com have them ranked at 13/14/15 for my leagues scoring. Crazy.

I started Bryce Brown over DX already! :wall:

I have Demaryius Thomas, VJax, and Brandon Marshall... I can't play DX now! Sad times! Dang it Bryce!

He is playing, just got a nice pass thrown his way but was interfered with.

How many points you guys get for those?

Users who are viewing this thread