What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ian Snell (1 Viewer)

[icon]

Insoxicated
Starts here....

:ph34r:

Get him off the wire if he's still there (shouldn't be).

Much improved control...solid spring...dominant first start.

The only reason he's not more well known is because he's on the Pirates and his win total won't be too high. The kid can play.

The only reason he's not more well known is because he's on the Pirates and his win total won't be too high. The kid can play.
:goodposting: 13-14 W with pretty good ratios and a boatload of Ks for a guy you can grab LATE or off the wire. 180K possible.

I grabbed him in the 20th round in my draft, I round ahead of my pick of Troy Tulowitzki.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can pick him up in another league but would have to drop an OF.

My OF are Crawford, Holiday, Bay, Burrell, Hunter. I also have Ty Wigginton who can play OF.

Are any of these guys worth dropping for Snell? I could use one more SP seeing how it is a daily league. My other SP are Oswalt, Smoltz, Cain, Myers, Haren.

Thanks for any help!

Ian Oquendo is better than Snell

That statement should tell you how long I've been in the fan club :confused:

I can pick him up in another league but would have to drop an OF. My OF are Crawford, Holiday, Bay, Burrell, Hunter. I also have Ty Wigginton who can play OF.Are any of these guys worth dropping for Snell? I could use one more SP seeing how it is a daily league. My other SP are Oswalt, Smoltz, Cain, Myers, Haren.Thanks for any help!
I'd dump Burrell for him...you can put Wigginton in there for a bit less HR but about 20-30 points more in BA

Bump for his start today. Home-opener @ PNC vs. Cards.

So are those on the bandwagon starting him?

See, this is the main problem with Ian Snell. His team's offense is making Braden Looper look like the second coming of Johan Santana.

My boy needs some run support.

Only 1 K through 6 but the rest of his line looks good:

6 IP, 6 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 1 K...

Trailing 1-0, heading to bottom of 6th.

' date='Apr 9 2007, 08:30 PM' post='6588017']7IP - 1.29 ERA - 1.00 WHIP - 3K :thumbdown:
I'll take it. John Maine killed me today.Also had C. Hamels playing too. Thought he would get the win. Philles Bull Pen stole 2 wins for him.

' date='Apr 6 2007, 12:02 PM' post='6574143']

Absolutely on Board ... he is the next Pedro!! :banned:
:banned:
http://www.pittsburghpostgazette.com/pg/07122/782636-194.stm :thumbup:
Ian Snell: Manager Jim Tracy gets so carried away with his ultra-optimism he sometimes leaves his listeners quietly chuckling. No one cracked a smile yesterday when Tracy compared Snell to the great Pedro Martinez -- because of their comparatively small size and the sensational stuff. Snell has been that good. He only has two wins but should have a couple of more. The league is batting .197 against him. His earned run average is 1.59. Left-handed batters roughed him up for a .305 average in 2005. That number is down to .254 this season. He keeps getting better.

Last edited by a moderator:
' date='Apr 6 2007, 12:02 PM' post='6574143']

Absolutely on Board ... he is the next Pedro!! :yes:
:unsure:
http://www.pittsburghpostgazette.com/pg/07122/782636-194.stm :thumbup:
Ian Snell: Manager Jim Tracy gets so carried away with his ultra-optimism he sometimes leaves his listeners quietly chuckling. No one cracked a smile yesterday when Tracy compared Snell to the great Pedro Martinez -- because of their comparatively small size and the sensational stuff. Snell has been that good. He only has two wins but should have a couple of more. The league is batting .197 against him. His earned run average is 1.59. Left-handed batters roughed him up for a .305 average in 2005. That number is down to .254 this season. He keeps getting better.
:moneybag: Complete game, 0 earned runs last night.

In my H2H league, I sat him for 2 start pitcher O Hernandez. Wtf!?! Snell is a must start at this point.
Maybe not this week. :headbang: "Snell will miss his next scheduled start on Tuesday due to a blister on his right index finger, the team's official web site reports.Spin: Snell burned his finger while grilling chicken and suffered a blister. Hopefully he'll just have to miss one start. The Pirates will skill Snell's spot in the rotation with an off day on Monday and Tom Gorzelanny will start Tuesday."

In my H2H league, I sat him for 2 start pitcher O Hernandez. Wtf!?! Snell is a must start at this point.
Maybe not this week. :goodposting: "Snell will miss his next scheduled start on Tuesday due to a blister on his right index finger, the team's official web site reports.Spin: Snell burned his finger while grilling chicken and suffered a blister. Hopefully he'll just have to miss one start. The Pirates will skill Snell's spot in the rotation with an off day on Monday and Tom Gorzelanny will start Tuesday."
Dang, and he was a two start pitcher this week. Thanks for the heads up, CBS is still not reporting anything.

What the hell happened here? Just another inconsistent Pirates pitcher...injuries?

Good buy low right now, moreso to stash for next year? I could move Guardado to a team that is looking for holds for Snell straight up in a dynasty.

What the hell happened here? Just another inconsistent Pirates pitcher...injuries?Good buy low right now, moreso to stash for next year? I could move Guardado to a team that is looking for holds for Snell straight up in a dynasty.
I have no idea what's gone wrong and am thrilled I was unable to get him in any leagues this year. I haven't been paying close attention but from what I remember decreased velocity was the issue pre-DL, his first couple starts post-DL were back up to speed but his control was awful. Not sure what happened in his last outing though, just know it was fugly.For those out of contention in dyno's I'd make a play for him and hope he figures out his issues during the offseason. I'd write him off for 08 though.

he was so bad wednesday i had to turn off my tv.

i can't see how he'd be worth protecting in most formats going into next year. he'll be $9 and unless he goes 10-0 in the last two months, i don't foresee myself keeping him. he did help me win my league last year and i am a pirates fan, so i hope he turns it around.

Users who are viewing this thread